Opening Day Report - Pics Added

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Gimp
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Gimp »

In the big picture? No.

Short-term discomfort for long-term gain.
Steve wrote:
Gimp wrote:Listen jerk-wad, Killington is my home. The mountain is fantastic as are the people that ski it (except whining schmucks like you.) Owners come-and-go but the mountain and my friends that really do love the place will always be here.

GTF away
Steve wrote:by the way, do you disagree that killington is BS?

because you'd find a friend in skiingsnow - and that's about it.
jerk-wad?

nice.

Let me rephrase - Do you disagree that powdr is destroying killington?
Or would you rather sit there and "bitch" about me?
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

online enemies are lame
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

Steve wrote:
MrsG wrote:P.S. I totally agree with Dansbury - do you ever stop bitching!?!?!
Like I said, if you disagree, then I will welcome you into a debate about how powdr is destroying Killington.

If you agree, then you should be complaining, too, because what's going on is not funny.

But if you don't care do debate me, that's fine. I don't particularly care But don't expect me to quietly leave either. sorry, that's not happening. People need to make noise, or else this trend will continue. Don't you care that Killington won't be restored to its former glory unless people complain? I am doing everything in my power to make that happen. I wish you would too.
honestly, what are you doing to restore killington to its former glory? there is nothing your going to change by spouting off in killington chat room thats gonna change policy at the top of the access road, absolutely nothing. you know you want to be skiing here, but instead, you are trying to lead some revolution against powder by not buying a pass, which really doesnt hurt them in the least, as there were PLENTY of ticketed skiers and riders out there today, and there will be more tomorrow and the day after that. you should have bought that pass, as you "love" killington and that jazz...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
Steve
Wanted Poster

Post by Steve »

Gimp wrote:Gee, I guess it's the plastic bubble that they have used for a Base Lodge for EIGHT YEARS that fooled me. Oh - where is all the development they planned eight years ago?
I will have a blast skiing there. It'll be nice for a mid-week fix, when I can't get to Vermont, or when I'm not skiing with my 3-year-old son at Campgaw (where I'll also have a blast.)

I refuse to give money to these people who are ruining Killington. I want to make a lot of noise. Would you like to make noise too, or would you rather go build an ant farm?
Steve
Wanted Poster

Post by Steve »

Gimp wrote:In the big picture? No.

explain.
Steve
Wanted Poster

Post by Steve »

johnny the jibber wrote:honestly, what are you doing to restore killington to its former glory? there is nothing your going to change by spouting off in killington chat room thats gonna change policy at the top of the access road, absolutely nothing. you know you want to be skiing here, but instead, you are trying to lead some revolution against powder by not buying a pass, which really doesnt hurt them in the least, as there were PLENTY of ticketed skiers and riders out there today, and there will be more tomorrow and the day after that. you should have bought that pass, as you "love" killington and that jazz...
what else can be done?
There are only two things I can do - 1.) not support them financially, and 2.) make as much noise as I can. It may not be much, but it's more than what most are doing.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

maybe you should take out an ad in the mountain times. or perhaps you can sit at the bottom of the access rd with a sign that says "killington sucks" or something to that tune...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
Gimp
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Gimp »

So true. What I see in this forum by many contributors is called "keyboard-balls." Things that people type to each other would NEVER be said to their faces. If they were - half of you would be splayed out, flat on your backs.

If this place called "Killington Zone" isn't it fair to assume that it was a group of people that enjoy the mountain and its people? Much of what I see here is pure crap. People bitching and whining.

It's quite simple.... If you don't like Killington GO AWAY. Do not ruin the "vibe" of the mountain by you incessent whining and bad karma.
icedtea wrote:online enemies are lame
Last edited by Gimp on Nov 16th, '07, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Gimp
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Gimp »

You know - I was always told never to fight with a pig. In the end you're both muddy - but the pig is having all the fun.

Sorry schmuck - I have no interest in a one-on-one with someone of your mental being.
Steve wrote:
Gimp wrote:In the big picture? No.

explain.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

johnny the jibber wrote:maybe you should take out an ad in the mountain times. or perhaps you can sit at the bottom of the access rd with a sign that says "killington sucks" or something to that tune...
Or you can go to the Boston Ski Show this weekend (I think) and make a lot of noise at the Killington booth.

Seriously, it's time to start skiing and stop bitching, at least until we see the on-mountain product and until there's something new to bitch about. I'm sure that will come soon enough. In the meantime, as people come and ski this season and get surprised by lodges without services midweek, Pico and the lower Skye Ship not running on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well as other fun stuff brought on by new ownership that doesn't understand what they bought, there will be new people here bitching away I'm sure.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Steve
Wanted Poster

Post by Steve »

icedtea wrote:online enemies are lame
Gimp wrote:So true.
(and then..)
Gimp wrote:You know - I was always told never to fight with a pig. In the end you're both muddy - but the pig is having all the fun.

Sorry schmuck - I have no interest in a one-on-one with someone of your mental being.
And this after I offer to have a peaceful debate.

You're fun. I like you already.
shizzle
Bumper

Post by shizzle »

pcgrantham wrote:Any idea of the mix between ticket buyers and pass holders?
I personally didn't see too many ticket holders. Many of the passholders were employees-one of the big differences from past years in which employees were not allowed to ski early season. Also saw lots of employees wearing their nametags on non-K jackets. Looks like the staff is stoked for the opening! Didn't talk to any of them to see what was up about that-they were too busy enjoying the conditions.

First couple of runs pass wasn't scanned, but the last couple were. The product was most definitely fine before 11 am, and not as foggy. After that, pretty much scraped off. The good news is the man-made boiler plate has set up a pretty sweet base-that stuff seemed impermeable! I would half-way agree with Mrs G-it was a good day to take a half-day off of work! It was heaven to be back on the snow! I thought the conditions were much better than last year's opening day-no puddles and snow burying the trails.

Tomorrow Lower East Fall will be open along with the canyon chair.

And for anyone who's interested, 24 days of work will qualify you for a free season pass. HR has a table set up in the MR.
Steve
Wanted Poster

Post by Steve »

Gimp wrote:It's quite simple.... If you don't like Killington GO AWAY. Do not ruin the "vibe" of the mountain by you incessent whining and bad karma.
You see, if I really didn't like Killington, you'd have a point. But when I said I "love" Killington, I didn't exactly say I didn't like Killington, did I?
Gimp
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Gimp »

Steve,

Lets get something straight. I don't want your handshake. You are a whining jerk-off that doesn't have a clue. Why are you even here? You don't have a pass - and hopefully wont buy a day pass. PLEASE continue to vote with your $$$. GTF Away.
Steve
Wanted Poster

Post by Steve »

Gimp wrote:Steve,

Lets get something straight. I don't want your handshake. You are a whining jerk-off that doesn't have a clue. Why are you even here? You don't have a pass - and hopefully wont buy a day pass. PLEASE continue to vote with your $$$. GTF Away.
I would, at this point, like to restate something:
Steve wrote:These miserable bastards drove me out of Killington - the mountain I love - show me a person who thinks I've going to leave quietly, and I'll show you a person who has another thing coming.
one other thing. it's interesting to see a guy who just registered today, already telling someone who's been here since the day this site was established, to GTF away. (To be clear, I don't say that to pull rank or anything, because I don't see myself as better than you, and that's the honest-to-god truth. It's just an observation. )

I'm sorry you don't like me, I'm normally a pretty nice guy. Believe me, there are many very good reasons to hate my guts - but I don't think my persistent advocacy of a powdr-free killington is one of them. So if you change your mind about that hand-shake thing, send me a note and we'll have a beer sometime.