THE HYPOCRISY OF THE LEFT PART 11

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
tellitlikeitis
Bumper

THE HYPOCRISY OF THE LEFT PART 11

Post by tellitlikeitis »

on the night whose whole point has been hijacked by modernity, a little sanity from mr stein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCxbhGaVfE

lets all celebrate diversity and tolerance....yes we can...... ( except for when we disagree with you )... :roll:

the 6:00 minute mark says it all
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: THE HYPOCRISY OF THE LEFT PART 11

Post by Dr. NO »

Gotta Love Ben Stein. Anyone have the movie? Would like to try and sit through it. As serious as the topic is, he has a very dry humor that is fun to watch and listen to.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

The theory of evolution has never attempted to determine the origin of life itself. That is a separate question from how life evolved once it began, which is what Darwin addressed in Origin of the Species. And while evolution certain has some gaps in the lineage of development, it is well established science with much evidence to support it. "Creationism" or "intelligent design" has no basis in science and should not be taught in schools because there's simply nothing to teach.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:The theory of evolution has never attempted to determine the origin of life itself. That is a separate question from how life evolved once it began, which is what Darwin addressed in Origin of the Species. And while evolution certain has some gaps in the lineage of development, it is well established science with much evidence to support it. "Creationism" or "intelligent design" has no basis in science and should not be taught in schools because there's simply nothing to teach.
So, by saying this, you should leave out some of the oldest books in history and ignore them within the classroom? I mean things like the Old Testament and Koran should be ignored?

Shut up and Ski!

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:
Bubba wrote:The theory of evolution has never attempted to determine the origin of life itself. That is a separate question from how life evolved once it began, which is what Darwin addressed in Origin of the Species. And while evolution certain has some gaps in the lineage of development, it is well established science with much evidence to support it. "Creationism" or "intelligent design" has no basis in science and should not be taught in schools because there's simply nothing to teach.
So, by saying this, you should leave out some of the oldest books in history and ignore them within the classroom? I mean things like the Old Testament and Koran should be ignored?

Depends which class you're teaching. If you're talking about a comparative religion class, they're obviously part of the subject matter. If you're talking about world history, they must be mentioned. But if you're talking about science, they have no place in a science class.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

OK so here's a question, if everything was created by an all powerful God why did it take 6 days and why did it make him so tired that he need to rest on the seventh day,,,,huh huh?????

Get over it, religion is a crutch for people that can't deal with teir own mortality. It is what it is, enjoy your time because there is no heaven there is no hell it's all right in the here and now and when your dead it's over.

The world would be 100% better if all religion was abolished. It has been, by a large margin, the reason for most of the wars and atrocities throughout history.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
tellitlikeitis
Bumper

Post by tellitlikeitis »

shortski wrote:OK so here's a question, if everything was created by an all powerful God why did it take 6 days and why did it make him so tired that he need to rest on the seventh day,,,,huh huh?????

Get over it, religion is a crutch for people that can't deal with teir own mortality. It is what it is, enjoy your time because there is no heaven there is no hell it's all right in the here and now and when your dead it's over.

The world would be 100% better if all religion was abolished. It has been, by a large margin, the reason for most of the wars and atrocities throughout history.

Man , you make it too easy there shortski...can the above written nonsense prove any more the hypocrisy of the left?..." the religious right is intolerant of other views " yip yip yip yada yada yada..."christians are intolerant of different views" yap yap yap yada yada yada...."tolerance and inclusivness we need more of this "

except of course- if you are religous- then you should not only not be tolerated, you should be abolished...

man, you are one pathetic and lost individual there shortski... :sad:
but lucky for you, the almighty is a merciful one...someday you might see that in that really confused mind of yours
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

tellitlikeitis wrote:
shortski wrote:OK so here's a question, if everything was created by an all powerful God why did it take 6 days and why did it make him so tired that he need to rest on the seventh day,,,,huh huh?????

Man , you make it too easy there shortski...can the above written nonsense prove any more the hypocrisy of the left?..." the religious right is intolerant of other views " yip yip yip yada yada yada..."christians are intolerant of different views" yap yap yap yada yada yada...."tolerance and inclusivness we need more of this "

except of course- if you are religous- then you should not only not be tolerated, you should be abolished...

man, you are one pathetic and lost individual there shortski... :sad:
but lucky for you, the almighty is a merciful one...someday you might see that in that really confused mind of yours
Huh. Didn't realize that Telly is a mindless Bible-thumper, too. Praise Jesus!
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

tellitlikeitis wrote: you are one pathetic and lost individual there shortski... :sad:
Well thanks for the sympathy, but it's not needed here.

Hold on tight to whatever your religious beliefs are if it make you feel better. You might try believing in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus too, they're just about as real as God.

And the kicker is, if I'm wrong, which I'm not, the all powerful wizard er I mean god will know that in my heart I truly believed he didn't exist and in his foresight to give me free will and independent choice he will also be all forgiving and I get a go to heaven free pass.

What a crock.

Your right is freedom of religion I have the right to reject religion and state my beliefs that it's a crutch and the root cause of most of the problems past and present in this world.

Oh and God Bless.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
thorski
Slalom Racer

Post by thorski »

Dr. NO wrote:
The bible should be treated like Homer's Odyssey, Just another mythology.
TLonginotti4KTon
Blue Chatterbox

Post by TLonginotti4KTon »

Evolution is a theory, just like gravity is a theory.
Religion is a joke, although I am not laughing, cause it has killed millions.

Face it, evolution is a fact.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

thorski wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Except they keep finding historical evidence of many of the "tales" within it.

Shut up and Ski!

thorski
Slalom Racer

Post by thorski »

Dr. NO wrote:
thorski wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
As with stories told by homer.
I don't believe in "creationism" or the theory of evolution. How can the theory of evolution be fact? It's a theory.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:
thorski wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
So you're saying the Bible is historical truth?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
thorski wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
So you're saying the Bible is historical truth?
OK, if the Bible states the stories of Cities that fought and died or survived, and then they find these cities, some 4000 years later, is that not history? Not saying all is true, just that not all of it is made up. They do find actual facts pertained within the Bible, such as some records of the fact that Jesus did walk the earth, or Jerico existed or the Temples were real. Yes, I guess it might have some Historical Truth. And, if it has nothing, why are you still what you profess to be as many of us are? If it is a story that means nothing then why bother living by its virtues and rules? Why not just become like the animals that are around us that believe in nothing and live for today? Guess most of us actually believe in something.

Shut up and Ski!