Killington vs Sunday River

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

Killington vs Sunday River

Post by rogman »

As impressive as the snow making effort has been, Killington is getting it's clock cleaned by Sunday River at the moment. What's up with that? Right now Sunday River has 171 acres open, Killington 113. Seriously? Despite the cooler temps, rate of trail expansion has been pretty slow. K needs to up their game.
tt431
Post Office

Re: Killington vs Sunday River

Post by tt431 »

rogman wrote:As impressive as the snow making effort has been, Killington is getting it's clock cleaned by Sunday River at the moment. What's up with that? Right now Sunday River has 171 acres open, Killington 113. Seriously? Despite the cooler temps, rate of trail expansion has been pretty slow. K needs to up their game.
Yes this one.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Natural snow factoring in?
ImageImageImageImage
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

And they both have 11 miles open, guess Sunday River must have some pretty wide trails open.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

andyzee wrote:And they both have 11 miles open, guess Sunday River must have some pretty wide trails open.
Is there a different Acreage measurement in Maine than Vemont? Maybe they use the King's measure.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

The acre is a unit of area in a number of different systems, including the imperial and U.S. customary systems. The most commonly used acres today are the international acre and, in the United States, the survey acre. The most common use of the acre is to measure tracts of land.
One acre comprises 4,840 square yards, 43,560 square feet[1] or about 4,046.86 square meters (0.404686 hectares) (see below). While all modern variants of the acre contain 4,840 square yards, there are alternative definitions of a yard, so the exact size of an acre depends on which yard it is based on. Originally, an acre was understood as a selion of land sized at one furlong (660 ft) long and one chain (66 ft) wide; this may have also been understood as an approximation of the amount of land an ox could plough in one day. A square enclosing one acre is approximately 208 feet 9 inches (63.63 meters) on a side. But as a unit of measure an acre has no prescribed shape; any perimeter enclosing 43,560 square feet is an acre in size.
The acre is often used to express areas of land. In the metric system, the hectare is commonly used for the same purpose. An acre is approximately 40% of a hectare.
One acre is 90.75 percent of a 100 yards (91.44 meters) long by 53.33 yards (48.76 meters) wide American football field (without the end zones). The full field, including the end zones, covers approximately 1.32 acres (0.53 ha). It is also approximately 56.68 percent of a 105 metres (344.49 feet) long by 68 meters (223.10 feet) wide Association football pitch (soccer field). It may also be remembered as 44,000 square feet, less 1%; or as the product of 66 x 660.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

see other thread . . . :?
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

:rant
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

Funny stuff. Hope all are out making turns, Happy Holidaze Season. Seems like both Places are in much better shape ealy season this year. :chill
skiing is my addiction

anyone want to buy a condo in the southern Whites'?
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

BobR wrote:Funny stuff. Hope all are out making turns, Happy Holidaze Season. Seems like both Places are in much better shape ealy season this year. :chill
Finally, a worthwhile post . . . thanks Bob :wink: :seeya
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

andyzee wrote:The acre is a unit of area in a number of different systems, including the imperial and U.S. customary systems. The most commonly used acres today are the international acre and, in the United States, the survey acre. The most common use of the acre is to measure tracts of land.
One acre comprises 4,840 square yards, 43,560 square feet[1] or about 4,046.86 square meters (0.404686 hectares) (see below). While all modern variants of the acre contain 4,840 square yards, there are alternative definitions of a yard, so the exact size of an acre depends on which yard it is based on. Originally, an acre was understood as a selion of land sized at one furlong (660 ft) long and one chain (66 ft) wide; this may have also been understood as an approximation of the amount of land an ox could plough in one day. A square enclosing one acre is approximately 208 feet 9 inches (63.63 meters) on a side. But as a unit of measure an acre has no prescribed shape; any perimeter enclosing 43,560 square feet is an acre in size.
The acre is often used to express areas of land. In the metric system, the hectare is commonly used for the same purpose. An acre is approximately 40% of a hectare.
One acre is 90.75 percent of a 100 yards (91.44 meters) long by 53.33 yards (48.76 meters) wide American football field (without the end zones). The full field, including the end zones, covers approximately 1.32 acres (0.53 ha). It is also approximately 56.68 percent of a 105 metres (344.49 feet) long by 68 meters (223.10 feet) wide Association football pitch (soccer field). It may also be remembered as 44,000 square feet, less 1%; or as the product of 66 x 660.

640 Acres are in a square mile.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

White Hype opened today at Sunday River. I wonder if OL will be open in December this year?
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

I was on the chondola at 7:15 AM to get first tracks with management. All peaks open today with the exception of Oz. Lots of whales around, decent cover and resurfacing, light crowds. Some trails got scratchy in the afternoon. At sugarloaf now.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I actually enjoyed skiing OL last year on natural snow before they starte blowing snow on it.
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

Big Bob wrote:I was on the chondola at 7:15 AM to get first tracks with management. All peaks open today with the exception of Oz. Lots of whales around, decent cover and resurfacing, light crowds. Some trails got scratchy in the afternoon. At sugarloaf now.

Nice to meet you on Sat bob. Glad you had fun. This is what we donated to the Chrismas for families group. About 60 toys to local familes. thanks for contributing. :D
Attachments
Christmas for families.jpg
Christmas for families.jpg (520.52 KiB) Viewed 909 times
skiing is my addiction

anyone want to buy a condo in the southern Whites'?