Damage at K

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Berkshiregal
Black Carver

Re: Damage at K

Post by Berkshiregal »

SkiPutt wrote: I wonder if the donkey survived, probably not.
:cry:
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Berkshiregal wrote:
SkiPutt wrote: I wonder if the donkey survived, probably not.
:cry:
Why would you think that?

Big and Tom are ok.

Last I heard the other cows that he cares for were running loose in my yard and they were ok.

Hope for Pedro.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Gangsta Rider
Postaholic

Post by Gangsta Rider »

pwdrskier
Blue Chatterbox

Post by pwdrskier »

Anyone know what is going on, on rim road. Can't reach our maintenance Guy.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SkiBumFilms

2011/2012
Killington- 47 days
Pico- 1 day
2012/2013
Killington- 5days
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

damn that was shortski's house in that report. and that shot of him reporting from the ditch in front of kbl is unbelievable.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Terrapin Station
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Terrapin Station »

A quick update on the Sunrise:

[Sunrise] "went through all the...units and they came through very well. Bear Mtn Road is worse than he thought as they need rocks to fill in the holes. He expects power maybe by Friday so we can test out spray fields etc."
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Killington on Today show

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44353376/ ... r-recedes/

would be nice if these reports mentioned at least a couple of the ways to donate....
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Highway Star wrote:Putting the building in place without relocating the stream is the failure...

However, I think we've all seen some very serious runoff up there when it's 70 degrees out, r*ining, and 4 feet of snow on the ground. The pipe under KBL flowed hard but never seemed to be overloaded.

What they got from this storm was probably a 500-year event....which is what some of the flooded neighborhoods in Rutland were classed as on their flood map.
I don't know what event they would've sized said pipe for, but they probably made it bigger than needed. As HS said, that pipe takes a lot of water in the spring with melt and r*in.

Most ski areas have culverts simliar to this. It probably wasn't a smart decision to construct a building on top of it.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Believe it or not, there's actually a lot of people that think this storm was overhyped. :shock:
I'd like to bury them in that ditch or drop them in the Passaic river. Idiots!
BigAirSkier1580
Bumper

Post by BigAirSkier1580 »

As would I.

Saw somewhere yesterday that Irene will likely get into the Top 10 most costly Hurricanes to date.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

kbroderick wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:And yet the Pres has no time to visit Vermont, NC or Virginia.
...and it would be really, really helpful to divert resources to secure his visit instead of using them to get help to people who need it. If he wants to send up Marine One and have them fly supplies in, great. But I'm quite happy to have him stay out of town until we can, oh, drive to the grocery store without taking a not-quite-legal footpath through the woods (and someone's back lawn).
+ whatever the National Debt is couldn't put the actual number be cause I ran out o Zeros of which we have no shortage of in Washington.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

over hyped is relative to where you live at this point. Obviously VT took a much harder hit than anyone expected. CT is banged up too but VT is much worse. No power is one thing, not being able to get out of town, get food, get gas, etc is an entirly different thing.....
Marc Shepherd
Black Carver

Post by Marc Shepherd »

BigAirSkier1580 wrote:Saw somewhere yesterday that Irene will likely get into the Top 10 most costly Hurricanes to date.
It's in the top ten already, and that's before all of the damage has been assessed. A top 5 finish is not at all unlikely.
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

The storm was over hyped with respect to the "winds" which barely reached cat 1 speed. On the contrary, they paid little to no attention to the "r*in". There were some reports about how Vermont was already saturated and at risk for major flooding in the days leading up to time zero but these were few and far between; mostly because this aspect of the storm was expected to have limited effect on NYC, which in the minds of the MSM is the center of the universe.

As a dyed in the wool New Englander I have always ignored the MSM and figure that I am on my own anyway. We simply do not really matter to "them". They see most of as backwards, and only patronize us during foliage and ski season because that is when there is the most sensational news to report. You rarely see them here in the summer, or God forbid during mud season or stick season. They have no real allegiance to us and I do not expect anything to change because of this either.