dan egan's all-terrain skiing this weekend ...

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

brownman
Postinator

Re: dan egan's all-terrain skiing this weekend ...

Post by brownman »

well ... none of the Egans have World Cup or Olympic Gold.
Donna, even now, could outbump nearly anyone here.
Queen of the Pasta Pot. One awesome Jersey girl !
Forever .. Goat Path
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Dan Egan is still alive?
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

LINYbob wrote:$350 to ski with that guy??? I'd rather buy a 6 pack of LT and ski with Stormchaser - I'm sure it would be a WAY better experience..
Are you saying that Stormchaser is a better skier, or just that he is a lot more fun to ski with after the 6 pack? :mrgreen:
skiladi
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by skiladi »

It looks like Dan doesn't want to dust the person he is skiing with nor the videographer. I think he made those little icy Okemo bumps look pretty good and the Egan bros have always been about making the mountain look good and not themselves. I 've see Dan at Sugarbush but never skied with him. I have skied with John and learned more in an hour than any lesson or clinic I've taken in the past 30 years. A regular group lesson at K for 1 3/4 hr. for 2 days is $118 plus lift tic adds $172 so $290 with no lunch. Dan's deal @ $358 includes lift , lunch , lesson and vid analysis and last 2 Full days. Plus you ski with an icon that has starred in several WM films and has vast life experience and knowledge and a great outlook on life. Yeah , he's older and heavier than he was "back in the day" but for the average skier and not you big dogs I think it would be fun. I will agree that the conditions aren't conducive to a great ski weekend but you WILL learn a lot from skiing with Dan Egan. Just sayin' http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1810379/e ... ploration/
Now , maybe I haven't skied Sugarbush enough to know the character well enough...HS 4/17/2007
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Dan does appear to be a fun person to ski with. No value to myself to ski with him. From the analysis above it may be worth it for a certain level skier.
Nevada West
Postaholic

Post by Nevada West »

skiladi wrote:It looks like Dan doesn't want to dust the person he is skiing with nor the videographer. I think he made those little icy Okemo bumps look pretty good
Looks like he also doesn't want to finish his turns either. Or plant his poles.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
LINYbob wrote:$350 to ski with that guy??? I'd rather buy a 6 pack of LT and ski with Stormchaser - I'm sure it would be a WAY better experience..
Are you saying that Stormchaser is a better skier, or just that he is a lot more fun to ski with after the 6 pack? :mrgreen:

Ski off! Come find me Dan...
ImageImageImageImage
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

:|
Last edited by skifaster on Feb 2nd, '12, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Nevada West wrote: Looks like he also doesn't want to finish his turns either. Or plant his poles.
Who cares. This isn't a level III certification demo film. It's a feel good piece for Okemo, probably done with very little prep on a day he happened to be there. Okemo, folks.

I would reserve judgement until you've skied with him. We all have runs when we're on and when we're not.

In the one short bump sequence, several times he catches air off a bump, and lands with both his skis well off the center line positioned for the next turn. At 1:18-1:19 he clearly pops off on his inside ski, and lands in perfect balance, finishing out the turn. He may not make the competitive bumpers here happy, but he's not competing either. Say what you will, but I'll bet the number of skiers on this board who can jump and land on their inside ski in the bumps in a turn, not straight ahead, is a very short list.
tellitlikeitis
Bumper

Post by tellitlikeitis »

[quote="Mister Moose"][quote="Nevada West"] Looks like he also doesn't want to finish his turns either. Or plant his poles.[/quote]

Who cares. This isn't a level III certification demo film. It's a feel good piece for Okemo, probably done with very little prep on a day he happened to be there. [i]Okemo[/i], folks.

I would reserve judgement until you've skied with him. We all have runs when we're on and when we're not.

In the one short bump sequence, several times he catches air off a bump, and lands with both his skis well off the center line positioned for the next turn. At 1:18-1:19 he clearly pops off on his inside ski, and lands in perfect balance, finishing out the turn. He may not make the competitive bumpers here happy, but he's not competing either. Say what you will, but I'll bet the number of skiers on this board who can jump and land on their inside ski in the bumps [i]in a turn[/i], not straight ahead, is a very short list.[/quote]

uhh.. what in God's name are you talking about :? " pops off his inside ski and lands in perfect balance?...you do realize that that is exactly what you do not want to do when skiing bumps right dude ?.... that is some of the most awful bump skiing i have ever seen being perpetrated by an alleged expert!!!!!... what the heck happened to dan egan?... even his flat skiing was awful....the tips of his skis are all over the place... his weigh shifting is non existent and his hands are flapping around like a couple of plucked flounders..... trying to avoid the camera man? what!!!!! :roll: ... man, there has been some pretty funny stuff put up on this site but that clip is up there in the top 5 for sure....

if i were you moose, i would reserve judgement on bump skiing until you get a clue....

this guy advertises a plus 300 dollar clinic to ski all terrain, which i assume would include bumps

if you are gonna pay 300 to ski with anyone, jen heil would be a better choice....

based on that video, ski dork's son would be a better choice.... :banana:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXpQtfgRpNQ

i think i'd rather ski with jersey dope and Geoff....but not G smashed... he'd be to drunk to ski

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

tellitlikeitis wrote:
Mister Moose wrote: He may not make the competitive bumpers here happy, but he's not competing either. Say what you will, but I'll bet the number of skiers on this board who can jump and land on their inside ski in the bumps in a turn, not straight ahead, is a very short list.

uhh.. what in God's name are you talking about :? " pops off his inside ski and lands in perfect balance?...you do realize that that is exactly what you do not want to do when skiing bumps right dude ?.... that is some of the most awful bump skiing i have ever seen being perpetrated by an alleged expert!!!!!... what the heck happened to dan egan?... even his flat skiing was awful....the tips of his skis are all over the place... his weigh shifting is non existent and his hands are flapping around like a couple of plucked flounders..... trying to avoid the camera man? what!!!!! :roll: ... man, there has been some pretty funny stuff put up on this site but that clip is up there in the top 5 for sure....

if i were you moose, i would reserve judgement on bump skiing until you get a clue....

this guy advertises a plus 300 dollar clinic to ski all terrain, which i assume would include bumps

if you are gonna pay 300 to ski with anyone, jen heil would be a better choice....

based on that video, ski dork's son would be a better choice.... :banana:

i think i'd rather ski with jersey dope and Geoff....but not G smashed... he'd be to drunk to ski

#1, see the part I highlighted in red. I wasn't talking about today's freestyle criteria for judging bumps.

#2, ok, ski with me this season and show me how you can land the inside ski in a turn, in the bumps. It isn't going to get points with the judges, but that doesn't make it easy either. Then, and only then, can you tell me to get a clue.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

kinda' sounds like the East German 'judge' got shorted on SWAG.
...fwiw...on Sunday, Eli throwing interceptions off either foot is fine :wink:

Back on topic, will be interesting to see the size of the Egan posse.
Losing a TV show has a way of forcing other revenue options.
Just a guy trying to stay ahead of it...nothing more or less.
Forever .. Goat Path
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

Somebody, kick Dan in the balls while he's down. :shock: :shock:
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
Definitely the first part. And I'm sure he is pretty cool after the second too.
pwdrskier
Blue Chatterbox

Post by pwdrskier »

skifaster wrote:This is gonna come off the wrong way but, but after viewing that vid, I thought he would be a more dynamic skier.
We see skiers skiing like that and better all the time.
Maybe because it was at slokemo....
He had to take it back a notch prob cause of all the dont jump signs and Slow signs
http://www.youtube.com/user/SkiBumFilms

2011/2012
Killington- 47 days
Pico- 1 day
2012/2013
Killington- 5days