K will not blow snow

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Streamtracker
Black Carver

K will not blow snow

Post by Streamtracker »

From K FB page comment - "We won’t be making any additional snow during what appears to be a brief snowmaking window this week. We have made a lot of snow in the Superstar area and that snow is holding up well considering the week of record temps we just had. We plan to maintain that snow the best we can and keep the lift spinning through April or as long as Mother Nature allows."
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: K will not blow snow

Post by Highway Star »

Streamtracker wrote:From K FB page comment - "We won’t be making any additional snow during what appears to be a brief snowmaking window this week. We have made a lot of snow in the Superstar area and that snow is holding up well considering the week of record temps we just had. We plan to maintain that snow the best we can and keep the lift spinning through April or as long as Mother Nature allows."
FAIL. Good luck with the pass sales and ever selling any village real estate.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
skispohn
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skispohn »

The BEAST is done!
skiballz
Green Skidder

Post by skiballz »

They should just treat it like early season. Blow snow in the Northridge area, open the walkway and run the K1. Therefore yuo can ski Superstar and Northridge. Looking at the web cam there is still now up there. :beat
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

This was would have been a great opportunity for them. They blew it.... again.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Skibumtress wrote:This was would have been a great opportunity for them. They blew it.... again.

No surprises here
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

Hoo........Hooooo!

The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run. ~Tim Cahill
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

BoozeTan wrote:
Skibumtress wrote:This was would have been a great opportunity for them. They blew it.... again.

No surprises here
yup. didn't expect them to expand terrain at this point, but there's thin areas on all 4 open trails that could use some fixing just to improve the product and maybe some spot base building. woulda been great pr to sell some season passes.

i remember one season, probably mid/late 80's when they were blowing snow on wildfire & bearclaw around march 28. i was stunned. one of the things that convinced me to make the move to k. and many seasons, in early/mid-march they'd make the final push on the glacier. and one year asc blew on ol for the bmmc in april. april! powdr's just totally ballsless ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

they are taking a beating on the FB page...I guess they cant delete and ban ppl fast enough to keep em all off

It really is just sad what Killington has become...the once mighty Killington is just a shell of its former self.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

They ccould have blown 4 feet of snow on upper and middle superstar during this window which would have kept them open another few weekends.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

Yup.....They could of.

But the only folks coming up to ride are us pass holders and they are not making any more money off us so why would they.
The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run. ~Tim Cahill
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

jambear wrote:Yup.....They could of.

But the only folks coming up to ride are us pass holders and they are not making any more money off us so why would they.
Seriously??? A false arguement if I ever saw one.

They did $27,000 in one day at the u-bars last weekend. An all time record. They are the most accessable ski area to NYC that is still open. Of course they would have had excellent revenues if they had some decent snow cover.

jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

Okay.....I will accept that.

So what kept them from blowing adequate snow on the key trails they needed to so the season could have lasted longer?

What is keeping them from blowing all week while the temps are down?

My guess is they are just stupid and dont really care about us.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Highway Star wrote:
jambear wrote:Yup.....They could of.

Seriously??? A false arguement if I ever saw one.

They did $27,000 in one day at the u-bars last weekend. An all time record. They are the most accessable ski area to NYC that is still open. Of course they would have had excellent revenues if they had some decent snow cover.
Pulling #'s out of nowhere again! Where did you get this info? Did Nyberg call you up? :lol: