What ski area would you chose first to be a local at?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: What ski area would you chose first to be a local at?

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Sugarbush is only 60 minutes my door to South side on a good day. Like many Killington skiers I hit the Bush several times a year. Love the Mad River Valley and may have to move a little North someday. Never been to Fernie but have added it to the must ski list.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Mount f.a.s.t.

My own private ski area, somewhere high up in the Rockies. No town or village, no hotels, condos or restaurants or attractions. Just me and the mountain, powder, trees and wide open bowls, a self serve high speed lift and a helicoptor with pilot to to take me to adjacent mountain peaks. My own private cabin with big fireplaces, a tavern, game room,a gourmet chef. Throw in a few private guest cabins and an outdoor heated pool and hot tubs. Of course, there's a huge isolated lake right next to the cabin for ice sports in the winter and swimming and boating in the summer. Don't forget the miles of snowmobile and mountain biking trails either. Oh, did I mention a private runway with corporate jet to whisk me away at any whim? You're all invited!!
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
skiladi
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by skiladi »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Sugarbush is only 60 minutes my door to South side on a good day. Like many Killington skiers I hit the Bush several times a year. Love the Mad River Valley and may have to move a little North someday. Never been to Fernie but have added it to the must ski list.
Seems we have a few things in common. Ripple is my favorite Dead tune. I work on the weekends at 'da bush but if you ever go up midweek send a p.m. and we can ski a few runs. ; }
Now , maybe I haven't skied Sugarbush enough to know the character well enough...HS 4/17/2007
Ballzout
Bumper

Post by Ballzout »

f.a.s.t. wrote:Mount f.a.s.t.

My own private ski area... ...You're all invited!!
I'd still be the best skier there, because I'd be having the MOST fun.

But are there any green circle trails? I kinda suck.
2021-2022 season total days: 18

Killington, VT: 2
Ski Roundtop, PA: 3..........Ski Whitetail, PA: 5............Ski Liberty, PA: 3
Jack Frost, PA: 0.......... Okemo, VT: 2............Stowe, VT: 3
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

skiladi wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:Sugarbush is only 60 minutes my door to South side on a good day. Like many Killington skiers I hit the Bush several times a year. Love the Mad River Valley and may have to move a little North someday. Never been to Fernie but have added it to the must ski list.
Seems we have a few things in common. Ripple is my favorite Dead tune. I work on the weekends at 'da bush but if you ever go up midweek send a p.m. and we can ski a few runs. ; }
Do I hear employee discount tickets? I have a friend that works weekends at Da Bush. His wife & son work there also. Maybe you know him? He gets me employee discount tickets.

I don't live in VT. but our ski house is only 1hr. from Da Bush also. We're closer to K.

Sorry I'm not a Dead fan.