Interconnect

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

DJAK
Green Skidder

Interconnect

Post by DJAK »

When is the last time K intentionally revived direct talk of the village and interconnect? I guess the answer is last week. I have not been watching closely. Forgive if a repost. I finally live close enough again to be interested.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20 ... /707299951
Killington spokeswoman Sarah Thorson also said on the horizon is the long-awaited ski village.

“The Act 250 (permit) is still in the review process for the Killington Village, so once everything is approved,” Thorson said, “and we begin to break ground, the next step will be the interconnect between Killington and Pico.”
Just the facts ma'am.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Interconnect

Post by Highway Star »

DJAK wrote:When is the last time K intentionally revived direct talk of the village and interconnect? I guess the answer is last week. I have not been watching closely. Forgive if a repost. I finally live close enough again to be interested.

Killington spokeswoman Sarah Thorson also said on the horizon is the long-awaited ski village.

“The Act 250 (permit) is still in the review process for the Killington Village, so once everything is approved,” Thorson said, “and we begin to break ground, the next step will be the interconnect between Killington and Pico.”
Yes, this interconnect has been discussed in conjunction with the village. Who knows if is all BS. It is one of the hings that could drive skier visits. However, increased visits in conjunction with a base area in development would be questionable.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

DJAK wrote:When is the last time K intentionally revived direct talk of the village and interconnect? I guess the answer is last week. I have not been watching closely. Forgive if a repost. I finally live close enough again to be interested.

They've been saying this for quite a while - the interconnect won't get started until the village gets going and, with the village in the Act 250 process now they can actually say it in a more positive way. Of course, if you believe the village will get started anytime soon, you probably also believe in the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I've gotten many Easter eggs, but haven't skied on a single interconnect trail.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Mister Moose wrote:I've gotten many Easter eggs, but haven't skied on a single interconnect trail.

I have
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

BoozeTan wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:I've gotten many Easter eggs, but haven't skied on a single interconnect trail.

I have
I'm not sure a cat track counts.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Mister Moose wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:

I have
I'm not sure a cat track counts.
you got me Moose
DJAK
Green Skidder

Post by DJAK »

Bubba wrote:
They've been saying this for quite a while - the interconnect won't get started until the village gets going and, with the village in the Act 250 process now they can actually say it in a more positive way. Of course, if you believe the village will get started anytime soon, you probably also believe in the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy.
Gotcha. I knew the "in theory" order of operations, just felt like proactively highlighting the interconnect in the media was a different tact than (smartly) downplaying it's relevance when asked, which is what I recall over the last decade or so. Maybe there's tangible progress. If it's not likely in the 3-5 year timeframe, then I would urge continued downplay rather than upping expectations. Expectations have a way of... well, you know.
Just the facts ma'am.
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

will not happen...
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Whoa . . .Earth shattering !!

This is an awesome thread . . Can't wait to shred the Interconnect !
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

ski wrote:Whoa . . .Earth shattering !!

This is an awesome thread . . Can't wait to shred the Interconnect !
Take the shuttle to pico and ski back. Don't need no interconmect.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

Whats the big allure anyway? I mean really???
Let Pico be. It skis great, and doesn't need to be connected. It has it's own feel and allure seperate from K. It's stashes and trails are some of my fav's!! Anyone ever ski under the Little Pico Triple, at the top?!?!?
I never understood why the connect was such a big deal to anyone.
Instead of worrying about what may and hopefully will never be, pray for snow, it will be more productive if you ask me.
skiersleft
Powderhound

Post by skiersleft »

skifaster wrote:Whats the big allure anyway? I mean really???
Let Pico be. It skis great, and doesn't need to be connected. It has it's own feel and allure seperate from K. It's stashes and trails are some of my fav's!! Anyone ever ski under the Little Pico Triple, at the top?!?!?
Instead of worrying about what may and hopefully will never be, pray for snow, it will be more productive if you ask me.
Praying is ineffective.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

skiersleft wrote:
Praying is ineffective.
A snow dance, on the other hand.....
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

skiersleft wrote:
Praying is ineffective.

Kinda like your posts...