Hey Mitt!!

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Re: Hey Mitt!!

Post by 2knees »

Bubba wrote: When almost half the people in this country don't pay Federal income tax, there's something drastically wrong, and it's not because some of them are poor and/or some of them are elderly.
I can't say i'm surprised someone made this comment, i guess i'm just surprised it came from you.

Just about everyone with a legitimate job is paying payroll taxes for medicare and social security. i believe the number drops to 18% if you include that piece of it and of that 18%, something along the lines of 10% are elderly retirees who have already paid into the federal tax system and payroll tax system their whole lives. So my rough math leaves me with about 8% who truly pay nothing.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

http://www.dickmorris.com/mitt-romney-is-right/

Mitt Romney Is Right

There is no sin greater in a presidential race than telling the truth. Romney is being excoriated for accurately describing the situation in America today. Here are the stats:

* 49% of all Americans pay no federal income tax.

* 47% receive a check from the government of which more than half are means tested welfare checks (Medicaid, welfare, food stamps, etc.).

* 36% of all Americans of working age are either not working or looking for work.

We must remember, however, that a great many of those who receive checks from the government have earned them. Some by their taxes over the years to Social Security and Medicare and others by paying a deeper price by service to their country.

The benefits Romney was talking about are means tested benefits, distributed based on income. All together 100 million Americans receive such benefits (out of a total population of 308 million), these benefits include welfare, food stamps, Section 8 housing, Medicaid and other such programs.

Generalities are always unjust. And painting with broad strokes will do many individuals an injustice. But the fact remains that our electorate is basically bifurcated into those who pay taxes and those who receive benefits.

The danger comes not with the benefit but with the sense of entitlement. Why do so many people feel Romney will be better at improving the economy and yet still plan to vote for Obama? The answer is that they care more about preserving their entitlements than about improving the economy. They have come to rely on political action more than economic growth as the key to their solvency.

Did Romney err in telling it like it is? It would have been better if he had made a forthright, factual statement on the issue. It looks bad for these unpleasant facts to come out in a “gotcha” moment at a videotaped private event. But the fact remains that an Obama reelection would turn the tide psychologically in America from the land of upward mobility through hard work and initiative and toward a country akin to Greece: dependent on government aid in the form of a subsidy and government handouts.

By stating this fundamental truth, albeit off the record, Romney has done a service for which he should be praised not excoriated. It all boils down to what John Kennedy said: There are those who ask what their country can do for you, and those who ask what you can do for your country.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

2knees wrote:
Bubba wrote: When almost half the people in this country don't pay Federal income tax, there's something drastically wrong, and it's not because some of them are poor and/or some of them are elderly.
I can't say i'm surprised someone made this comment, i guess i'm just surprised it came from you.

Just about everyone with a legitimate job is paying payroll taxes for medicare and social security. i believe the number drops to 18% if you include that piece of it and of that 18%, something along the lines of 10% are elderly retirees who have already paid into the federal tax system and payroll tax system their whole lives. So my rough math leaves me with about 8% who truly pay nothing.
follow along
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Ya know I was going to call her on that post but I had better things to do, my sock draw needed sorting.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

madhatter wrote:
2knees wrote:

follow along

I get it. No federal income tax. I am pointing out that they are still paying taxes. If you do not earn enough to qualify paying that piece, then what would you like them to do? See for me the real tragedy is that so many Americans are living with such lIttle income. Something your party is obviously not concerned about.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

shortski wrote:Ya know I was going to call her on that post but I had better things to do, my sock draw needed sorting.

No, you couldn't find a picture to post fast enough
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

2knees wrote:
shortski wrote:Ya know I was going to call her on that post but I had better things to do, my sock draw needed sorting.

That wasn't the problem

Just as the problem we have right now isn't taxes...it spending. Stop the brutal spending.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

shortski wrote:
2knees wrote:

That wasn't the problem

Just as the problem we have right now isn't taxes...it spending. Stop the brutal spending.
I disagree. Revenue is our major problem. Stop the brutal loopholes.
TheAbominableSnowman
Blue Chatterbox

Post by TheAbominableSnowman »

DMC wrote:Image

:dis :violin

When you are smart you can do that. See he already paid income tax on that money. then he used that money to make more money. I know its hard for you to understand because you probably don't make enough money to reinvest.
The Abominable Snowman

I Come from the land of the ice and snow
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Maybe someday I can be a big shot with a ton of cash..
But until then I'll try to re-up my unemployment........

Thanks..
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

2knees wrote:
shortski wrote:
2knees wrote:

That wasn't the problem

It has been shown that if everyone were taxed their entire wealth, there is not enough money to pay the debt. If you cannot collect enough money to pay for what you spent, spending is TOO FREAKIN HIGH!
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

Dr. NO wrote:
2knees wrote:
shortski wrote:
2knees wrote:

That wasn't the problem

It has been shown that if everyone were taxed their entire wealth, there is not enough money to pay the debt. If you cannot collect enough money to pay for what you spent, spending is TOO FREAKIN HIGH!
Yes you racist old f***, we do spend too much on our military.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

2knees wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
and the race card comes out. way to go 2deadbraincells you win the internet!!!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Why is it that any discussion that differs from the liberals tax and spend mentality denigrates into name calling?
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

2knees wrote:
We just had Ambassador Christopher Stevens, State Department information management officer Sean Smith and security personnel Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed by radical Muslims in Lybia. Iran is on the verge of getting an atomic bomb, it will take years before we are totally out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Egypt is on the verge of becoming a theocracy. Yup my call would be to gut the military. :bang :bang :bang :bang
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage