jbkmart wrote:Best day of the year.
The Canyon.
Deep. Sweet.
Thanks to Mike Solimano and Jeff Temple for:
1. Opening at 8:00
2. Not grooming.
Two superb decisions.
Is it Friday yet???
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Re: Weds 3-20

Post by Stormchaser »

Any chance of the K1 running at dawn on powder days? I understand losing time for weather related days... Any chance of getting some of that time back when it's really good?
Dreams really do come true. Not the K1, but early hours for a powder day. Mike, you are a rockstar!
ImageImageImageImage
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

With Spring not even a hour old they start loading the Slowdon quad 10 minutes early. Woo Who! Highline warm-up to the gondi as it also started loading ahead of schedule. Woo Who! Overcast with snow flurries in the air and a summit temp of 11 degrees. Double Dipper sucked me in for three runs of powdery fun. Perfect texture powder that exploded under your skis. Woo Who! This snow will stay with us for awhile. Catwalk was as good as it has been all year. My Buddy and I voted one of our canyon tree descents the Run of the Year. If you did not take at least one spill today then you were sking to cautious. Conditions are the best that they have been all year. Pico's best day of the year will be Thursday. Shhhh!

Grade a+ (Capital A is reserved for Epic)

Quote of the Day - "That should not have been that deep." (as my buddy hiked back up OL to retrieve his skis out of the drifted powder)
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Hoping all who posted above are still out here :?:
Go get some gnar. See you in there :Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

Agreed. Best day of the year hands down. :banana:
Ovation laps sucked me in. Very deep with an upslope wind filling in every run. Speaking of upslope, it's dumping out and has been for the last cple hrs
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I am sick to my stomach........I couldn't ski today. I will tomorrow though, go-go-go-go-go-go-go, here I come.
These reports get me more than ready.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

It was freakin' awesome epic powder . . . that is all :P . . . and, it is still snowing like crazy - nice soft flakes too - yikes, it was good!!!! :seeya
klondick
Black Carver

Post by klondick »

Guy in Shorts wrote:With Spring not even a hour old they start loading the Slowdon quad 10 minutes early. Woo Who! Highline warm-up to the gondi as it also started loading ahead of schedule. Woo Who! Overcast with snow flurries in the air and a summit temp of 11 degrees. Double Dipper sucked me in for three runs of powdery fun. Perfect texture powder that exploded under your skis. Woo Who! This snow will stay with us for awhile. Catwalk was as good as it has been all year. My Buddy and I voted one of our canyon tree descents the Run of the Year. If you did not take at least one spill today then you were sking to cautious. Conditions are the best that they have been all year. Pico's best day of the year will be Thursday. Shhhh!

Grade a+ (Capital A is reserved for Epic)

Quote of the Day - "That should not have been that deep." (as my buddy hiked back up OL to retrieve his skis out of the drifted powder)
Nice use of the word powder. I concur.

My day: In line for Snowdon > NR3 > Big Dipper (wow) > Catwalk to back to Big Dipper > Superstar variations > Skyburst > Fiddle > Trees > Trees = Powder day... And GIS I agree - reserve 'epic' for a deeper day.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

I'll give it an A+. Wonder if the guy who was hunting for his ski on Flume ever found it?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Deep Tracks
Green Skidder

Post by Deep Tracks »

Most painful thread I have read all year. :evil:
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Just got back to the condo. My legs are toast. Without repeating what others have said, I think this mornings conditions were among the best I have ever experienced at Killington - and I first skied here in 1970(!). I think it was because the snow yesterday was dry but heavy enough to build a soft base and the 5+ inches last night was light and fluffy. Amazing for New England.
klondick
Black Carver

Post by klondick »

Big Bob wrote:I'll give it an A+. Wonder if the guy who was hunting for his ski on Flume ever found it?
tough first run! I saw others trying to help him too.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Ovation headwall (appologies to Humpty) - check.
Commuter laps before they opened the other lifts - check
Lots of goodies to gobble up.

Not totally "quiet skiing" everywhere, but Vermont grade A.

I hate to buck the tide on the Mike lovefest, but why was the 8:00 am opening today such a stellar thing? Things still got skied out at the same rate, and very few of us lasted bell to bell. The only reason I can think of is it gave the locals a chance to get out and ski before work. Not that that's a bad thing.

You know its a good day when the top of O is in play.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

2 Cascades
1 Double Dipper
1 Big Dipper
3 Anarchies
1 Escapade Flume
4 Dream Maker Cruise Controls
5 Thimble Stichlines
1 Vertigo