Magazine myth busted.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
shortski
Site Admin

Magazine myth busted.

Post by shortski »

More looks like they got it wrong again. People who don't know about guns shouldn't be the one to make up rules on what is necessary to insure ones self protection.

I was going to do a similar demonstration in the spring when my gun club opened but thanks to this I wont have to.

A little long but necessary to make the point.

Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Magazine myth busted.

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

So you're saying if extended clips are outlawed then shooters will be forced to have a table with them at all times to rest their extra clips? Of course not, a clip would be in a jacket or belt and this is where the considerable extra time is added if we're talking about a novice shooter trying to commit mass murder.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:So you're saying if extended clips are outlawed then shooters will be forced to have a table with them at all times to rest their extra clips? Of course not, a clip would be in a jacket or belt and this is where the considerable extra time is added if we're talking about a novice shooter trying to commit mass murder.
The women in the video was not a professional.

No you just gang them together.

Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Some valid points, but a poor timing method it seems. Jim tended to fire the weapons at a faster rate when he knew he had to change magazines more often. You would need to adjust by rate of fire for each test.

As for where the magazines are, a carry permittee would probably have a belt holder for at least one extra clip (cylinder if you have a revolver). For home protection, spare clips could be anywhere within reach.

Love the stats that the Police, those guys everybody says can do the job, are accurate only about 14% and even then fail to stop the perp. They went to the 9mm for more fire but lost the knock down advantage of a higher caliber pistol. Also noted the NYPD stat of hitting fellow officers and bystanders. Bloomberg's answer to violence, let the NYPD handle it.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

I wanted to see the grouping on those tests. Shooting and reloading fast is nice, but it don't mean dic if you can't hit a target.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Democratic Lawmaker Thinks Firearm Magazines Are One-Time-Use

http://personalliberty.com/2013/04/03/d ... -time-use/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"

April 3, 2013 by Sam Rolley

If it weren’t so frightening, it would be funny: Representative Diana DeGette (D-Colo.), the leading sponsor of a bill that would impose a Federal ban on high capacity magazines, has no idea what magazines actually are.

During a forum on gun control sponsored by The Denver Post on Tuesday, DeGette was asked to give specific examples of how a ban on high-capacity magazines would reduce violence.

Her response: “I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them. So if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time, because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

of course she later backpedaled and said she mis-spoke and should have said clip vs magazine. Cuz those are so common and pose such a clear and present danger to society that she's been working on banning them for years, yet still has no idea WTF they are. Another uninformed know it all, preaching with conviction about that which they know so little, and conjuring up a BS cover when called out on it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Even her backpedaling was wrong. Stripper clips can be re-loaded. I've done it hundreds of times.

What a bunch of clowns. If this was conservatives doing and saying these stupid things the press would be calling for resignations or re-call elections.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

shortski wrote:Even her backpedaling was wrong. Stripper clips can be re-loaded. I've done it hundreds of times.

What a bunch of clowns. If this was conservatives doing and saying these stupid things the press would be calling for resignations or re-call elections.
You mean stupid things like this?
Congressman Don Young's '50-60 Wetbacks'
Posted: 03/28/2013 10:22 pm

In an interview with Ketchikan's KRBD, Alaska's one and only Congressman, Republican Don Young, was able to include a racial slur in comments regarding the economy and employment. Congressman Young said, "My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes," he said. "It takes two people to pick the same tomatoes now. It's all done by machine."

Congressman Young is again under investigation by the House Ethics Committee. The fresh charges are that he failed to report gifts, misused campaign contributions and lied to investigators.

The National Republican Party has recently acknowledged their lack of outreach to the Hispanic population, and have vowed to repair and reach out. Something tells me this wasn't part of their new program.

In 1994, the colorful Congressman waved an Oosik (Penis bone of a walrus) around at a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service hearing. When speaking to students in Fairbanks, Young was answering questions about cutting federal funding for the arts that he said had underwritten, "photographs of people doing offensive things," and "things that are absolutely ridiculous." Asked for specifics, Young answered, "Buttf**king."

Congressman Young has represented Alaska since 1973.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Pretty stupid. You're preaching to the choir.

We are the World..... We are the Children.....::

It's all fun and games until you get served with the restraining order. :-)
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Like doc said he adjusted his rate of fire depending on the number of magazines.

They need to capture ho long it takes to reload. Technically speaking his weapon was always loaded since he never fired it empty....so he was always armed. If he fires it empty it might take a half a second longer to let the bolt slide forward and it could also introduce the possibility of the weapon jaming...especially if its the AR-15.

Just get a shot gun...you wont miss.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote: Just get a shot gun...you wont miss.
yeah.... but... they don't make cool toys for pretend Army guys with little dicks....
Slap Shot
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Slap Shot »

It's illegal in the US to build a bomb, to own a bomb and to carry a bomb.

It's even illegal to own an M-80.

Since that's the case, then I can't understand how the bombing could occur in Boston.

-- $$
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Slap Shot wrote:It's illegal in the US to build a bomb, to own a bomb and to carry a bomb.

Since that's the case, then I can't understand how the bombing could occur in Boston.
Ask the mother of the dead child... She understands...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:It's illegal in the US to build a bomb, to own a bomb and to carry a bomb.

all but the simplest of minds understand, laws are irrelevant to criminals....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

madhatter wrote:
DMC wrote:

all but the simplest of minds understand, laws are irrelevant to criminals....
Wow.... your so smart and cool