Ski season job opportunities

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

blakeslee_a
Black Carver

Ski season job opportunities

Post by blakeslee_a »

I know most of the people on here are older but if anyone is interested or knows someone younger or who needs a part time job this winter, this could be be for them.

My company (Valet Park of America) is hiring valet attendants to work at various mountains in vermont, including Killington and Sugarbush. Most shifts are 8-5 on saturdays and sundays, with midweek shifts available during holiday periods. It pays minimum wage + tips, which can range anywhere from $2/hr to $10+ during the holidays.

A link with more details can be found here: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/career ... s=1&rid=99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this link is for the sugarbush valet position, but all applicants can apply on this form and just make a note of which resort they are interested in working at. The full list of mountains we work for is: killington, sugarbush,bromley & stratton
SuzyQ
Bumper

Re: Ski season job opportunities

Post by SuzyQ »

$2 an hour sounds awesome! Now I can afford that ski condo I have always wanted! :banana:
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

SuzyQ wrote:$2 an hour sounds awesome! Now I can afford that ski condo I have always wanted! :banana:
It's minimum wage plus $2 to $10 an hour, not $2 an hour.

Do you have a problem with someone posting a job offer like this? Jobs that unemployed people might need. Is this type of work beneath you? Are you an Occupy Wall Street type giving a business man a hard time? Are you from the "entitlement and spread the wealth" class? Don't you realize that any type of legitimate work is a good thing, a reward in itself?

This would be a good job for a college kid or maybe a retired person that needs some extra cash.

I used a service like this at Waterville Valley once and gave a nice tip when dropping off and picking up my car.

It's a great service for those running late that don't want to park a mile away or someone with a lot of kids.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Andy J
Black Carver

Post by Andy J »

SuzyQ wrote:$2 an hour sounds awesome! Now I can afford that ski condo I have always wanted! :banana:
Sooz, the $2/hour is just the tips so add that to the minimum wage (which is about the same as it was in 1970). Also, don't forget that in each vehicle that you will be parking there will probably be a few more bucks in loose change that can be pocketed. GPS units, iPods, and cell phones too...

Now forget about that smelly condo with the outrageous fees and the obnoxious frat boys on the other side of the wall. With all of that extra loot you can go for the ski-on ski-off mansion... with the copper roof.

:cool
blakeslee_a
Black Carver

Post by blakeslee_a »

Yes it is minimum wage + $2-10/hr in tips. Last MLK weekend our tips were $12/hr plus $8.06 which puts it at $20 an hour... Pretty good for a part time gig. Not to mention the free lift passes we get
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Oh, so you work for a company that charges for parking at Killington?

I'd tell you how I really feel, but I'd be banned.

A piece of trash like you isn't worth it.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Highway Star wrote:Oh, so you work for a company that charges for parking at Killington?

I used to give you the benefit of the doubt when people would call you names, but you deserve every bit of it and more. I don't like paying for parking at a ski area, however there is a market. Calling someone a piece of trash for posting a legitimate job?? This is the rudest comment I have ever seen. :dislike
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Andy J
Black Carver

Post by Andy J »

Highway Star wrote:Oh, so you work for a company that charges for parking at Killington?

C'mon HS...

If you could learn to identify with your oppressors then that ski-on ski-off mansion, with the copper roof, might be within reach.

P.S. don't say egregious.
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

You insecure, immature douche bag. You will never have class.
You keep proving you are the biggest egomaniacal wimp on this board.
Go crawl back into your hole...
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

wow, at least the kid is working. You dont have to pay for parking if you dont want to. Why would you call this kid a piece of trash?
Hes working and paying for his winter

Most of the time I read your posts with a chuckle but you really are a dick head sometimes
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

But I still hate paid parking.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
moneygripp
Green Skidder

Post by moneygripp »

f*** you and f*** your paid parking.
Great marketing and headhunting there Mr Gekko!!
I'm stealing all your signs this year!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

There is valet/paid parking because the resorts want it. They hire the companies to perform the service. If you want to place blame and rant about paid parking, rant at the resort rather than the service provider.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
blakeslee_a
Black Carver

Post by blakeslee_a »

If you would rather we could completely get rid of all paid parking and just add that loss of revenue to your season pass price?
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

blakeslee_a wrote:

If you would rather we could completely get rid of all paid parking and just add that loss of revenue to your season pass price?
Well, yes.

But sorry, that was cheap.