Long Hair in NFL

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
freeski
Post Office

Long Hair in NFL

Post by freeski »

There used to one guy, Polamalu, the corner for Pittsburgh now there are quite a few with hair halfway down their back. I'm not talking about hair coming out from under the helmet. These guys get paid big $ to play football. Although the drag and weight are minimal it is still there. Am I the only one that feels they should have a more athletic haircut? :ear
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Long Hair in NFL

Post by Bubba »

You think the long hair makes them girly men?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:You think the long hair makes them girly men?
Yes, but more importantly it slows them down. The weight of that much hair with sweat in addition to the drag. Over the course of the game it takes more out of them. I know this is negligible, but this is a fast game where an inch here or there can change a game. When you're skiing even when your only going 15 MPH hold an open hand out to the side and feel the force against it. Although they can not feel the resistance it's there. Also, their appearance is not athletic.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

"Get off my lawn!!" . . . :mrgreen: :wink:
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

MrsG wrote:"Get off my lawn!!" . . . :mrgreen: :wink:
Yes, "cut your hair or get off my lawn". I approve of long hair for: hippies, defense attorneys, musicians, under cover police officers, cooks and retired NY transplants which may or may not hang out at the peak lodge, but not athletes. :|
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

I look at it this way. These are PROFESSIONAL players that get paid a lot of money. Yeah, they want their individual look and style, but maybe there should be a few limitations. Between long hair, tats and crazy outfits they look more like a bunch of gang members or freaks.

I like the Yankee's rules for representing them. It is the Team that they are representing in public, not their own persona.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Dr. NO wrote:I look at it this way. These are PROFESSIONAL players that get paid a lot of money. Yeah, they want their individual look and style, but maybe there should be a few limitations. Between long hair, tats and crazy outfits they look more like a bunch of gang members or freaks.

I like the Yankee's rules for representing them. It is the Team that they are representing in public, not their own persona.
I also like the Yankee's rules for appearance. The team always looks professional and athletic. So, no one thinks long hair slows them down? In the NBA the tattoos look trashy. Hopefully no one will ever invent white tattoo ink, if they do there will be problems. :|
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Distinctive hair is hardly new.

Oscar Gamble's signature huge afro. Ditto Dr J.

Jaromir Jagr's mullet

Andre Agassi

Manny Ramirez dreadlocks

Johnny Damon's cave man look with the Red Sox

Randy Johnson's mullet
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Geoff wrote:Distinctive hair is hardly new.

Jaromir Jagr's mullet

Andre Agassi

Manny Ramirez dreadlocks

Randy Johnson's mullet
Who's talking about distinctive hair? In the NFL and college football over the last 10 years or so there has been more and more "players" with hair halfway down to their ass. They have so much hair it is hindering them from performing. It's like when you drive down the highway with your windows down. It does not seem like you're hurting your gas mileage but you are. Plus, they look like Nancy Boys. They try to be Fancy Men but end up being Nancy Boys. "GET OFF MY LAWN"! "I USED TO STACK YOU UP FIVE FEET AND USE YOU AS SANDBAGS IN KOREA".

There's a non sequitur post for you...
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

freeski wrote:

Jaromir Jagr's mullet

Andre Agassi

Manny Ramirez dreadlocks

Randy Johnson's mullet
Who's talking about distinctive hair? In the NFL and college football over the last 10 years or so there has been more and more "players" with hair halfway down to their ass. They have so much hair it is hindering them from performing. It's like when you drive down the highway with your windows down. It does not seem like your hurting your gas mileage but you are. Plus, they look like Nancy Boys. They try to be Fancy Men but end up being Nancy Boys. "GET OFF MY LAWN"! "I USED TO STACK YOU UP FIVE FEET AND USE YOU AS SANDBAGS IN KOREA".

Just let em tackle by the grabbing the hair...length will go down one way or another.
ImageImageImageImage
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Stormchaser wrote:
freeski wrote:

Jaromir Jagr's mullet

Andre Agassi

Manny Ramirez dreadlocks

Randy Johnson's mullet
Who's talking about distinctive hair? In the NFL and college football over the last 10 years or so there has been more and more "players" with hair halfway down to their ass. They have so much hair it is hindering them from performing. It's like when you drive down the highway with your windows down. It does not seem like your hurting your gas mileage but you are. Plus, they look like Nancy Boys. They try to be Fancy Men but end up being Nancy Boys. "GET OFF MY LAWN"! "I USED TO STACK YOU UP FIVE FEET AND USE YOU AS SANDBAGS IN KOREA".

Just let em tackle by the grabbing the hair...length will go down one way or another.
Like this example?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Unfortunately, I believe the NFL considers tackle by hair about the same as a face mask. :sad:
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Dr. NO wrote:Unfortunately, I believe the NFL considers tackle by hair about the same as a face mask. :sad:
Maybe a "hair is a part of the ball" rule would help. I like it. :like :-)
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Dr. NO wrote:Unfortunately, I believe the NFL considers tackle by hair about the same as a face mask. :sad:
dont look in sports much but had to comment, in the NFL if you have long hair it is perfectly legal for an opposing player to grab it and pull you down by it.