Paris

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: Paris

Post by freeski »

wanderer7453 wrote:So according to our secretary of state the attacks at Charlie Hedbo were legitimized, oh wait after realizing what he said he changed it to rationalized. Really. Yes if you believe in Sharia Law . The infidels are not innocents.

Then our illustrious CIC in a childish mocking tone asks of those opposed to taking Syrian refugees in to the US 'oh are you afraid of widows and 3 year olds. As of last night in Paris a women was ready to carry out additional attacks adorned with a bomb vest. Afraid?? we should be very afraid.

And if you have a concern about the enemy infiltrating these refugees then you are labelled a bigot and a racist.

And any justification to compare to earlier immigration of any nationality is erroneous. We were not at war with those countries at that time. Any one who does not believe we are in a struggle to preserve our way of life has their head buried in the sand.

And how much money are we to spend on these refugees while in this country while women and children are abused and receive very little funding, returning vets receive very little assistance, homeless live in every city. What about them !!!!!

Whose side is the Administration on? Maybe we should have known when Obama was elected when the now first lady stated it was the first time she was proud to be an American. Well as of today I have more respect for the French president then I do of my own. And to think at one time I refused to drink Grey Goose! How the hell did we get here?
I was thinking about Obama's wife comment you mention above about her first time being proud to be an American. This reveals how Obama feels about our country and his actions back it up. He just isn't very fond of the U.S. Nice post W7453. :like
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Highway Star wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:It's a viscous cycle. How do you rid the world of extremists without creating more extremists in the process.

And that's just the middle east.
- 2 Million troops from the US, Europe, Russia and China.
- Re-Partition the entire region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Pet ... ime_change" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.thetower.org/article/the-map ... ddle-east/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solved.
You can redraw boundaries and put security in place, but there has to be more than that. There has to be hope for education and jobs and a way out of the horrible existance they have there. Even void of extremists Islam, there still would be terrorist there if there's no hope for the future. Basically it's Detroit in the desert.

Is their enough money in oil there to economically turn the region around? What alternative industries could prosper.

I won't deny that extremist religious views factor greatly into the making of a terrorist, but there's so much more that needs to be addressed.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:It's a viscous cycle. How do you rid the world of extremists without creating more extremists in the process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Pet ... ime_change" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.thetower.org/article/the-map ... ddle-east/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solved.
You can redraw boundaries and put security in place, but there has to be more than that. There has to be hope for education and jobs and a way out of the horrible existance they have there. Even void of extremists Islam, there still would be terrorist there if there's no hope for the future. Basically it's Detroit in the desert.

Is their enough money in oil there to economically turn the region around? What alternative industries could prosper.

I won't deny that extremist religious views factor greatly into the making of a terrorist, but there's so much more that needs to be addressed.
No, that really is all there is to it.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

wanderer7453 wrote: When you hold the position Kerry holds he has to measure his words carefully. The fact is that he and the Administration he works for felt it was a legitimate attack. That's what came out. That's what was on his mind. That is how he feels. Either he and the administration are at best idiots, at worse sympathizers with radical terrorists.
Kinda like saying either Bush and his administration were at best idiots, at worst 9/11 was an inside job.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

So let’s see, Paris is brutally attacked by European nationals - home grown ISIS terrorists - and our immediate response is a desire to seal our borders to Syrian refugees fleeing a war torn region we helped to create. Not French nationals, not Belgian nationals, not western Europeans, not the people who actually committed the horrific terrorist acts and who can easily come here for 3 months for any reason whatsoever.

Instead, we must, um, "pause" our Syrian refugee program because ISIS has scared the bejesus out of us that terrorists will infiltrate the refugee community and pass through, like sh*t through a goose, our most stringent and lengthy vetting procedures for any population ever.

This is not a misguided, knee-jerk, useless overreaction reminiscent of past misguided knee-jerk, useless overreactions, but rather calm, rational, common sense approach to keeping the homeland secure.

Well I feel safer already.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Highway Star wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

Solved.

No, that really is all there is to it.
You think the people of the middle east will except foreign occupation by nations that bombed the sh*t out of their families without the occupiers putting forth a massive effort to improve the lives of those who live there?

No chance. Terrorism would continue at a significant level as long as living conditions are so poor.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Highway Star wrote:

Solved.
Europeans tried that once. It was called colonialism, and one can point to colonialism and the artificial boundaries it created as at least part of the problem the region faces today.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

deadheadskier wrote: You can redraw boundaries and put security in place, but there has to be more than that. There has to be hope for education and jobs and a way out of the horrible existance they have there. Even void of extremists Islam, there still would be terrorist there if there's no hope for the future. Basically it's Detroit in the desert.
Except the poor in Detroit have neither the motivation nor the access to funding to commit international acts of terror. The 9/11 terrorists were not uneducated and did not come from particularly poor backgrounds, but they certainly were disaffected.

Let’s face it, the primary ingredient of radical Islamic terrorism is a warped interpretation of Islam. To me, at a bare minimum, the Muslim community needs to take serious and meaningful steps to defend their religion from being overrun by terrorist fanatics. Every branch of humanity has its lunatic fringe, but not every lunatic fringe commits mass murder. If Islam truly is a religion of peace, how about getting that message through with the same contemporary finesse as radical jihadist propaganda?

ISIS requires or desires specific territory, so obviously a counter military component is crucial and vital. But again, I believe the Muslim community has to be involved. In particular, I’d increase pressure on Saudi Arabia. They’re suppose to be a great ally, but they appear to be very happy to sit back and watch everyone else do the all the heavy lifting - as long as the oil money keeps pouring in.

But yeah, it’s a real mess and it seems every well intentioned Western effort only makes it messier. It's fundamentally a Muslim problem that's ultimately gonna need a Muslim solution.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

We drew new borders and gave countries new names. We carved out new counties, took away land and homes because the bible said we had the right. However, what drives most of the violence in the Middle East is that the two sects hate each other. There can never be true democracy because when one group gains power they will oppress the other and cause a civil war. There will never be peace in the Middle East in our lifetimes, or our children's, etc...
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bubba wrote:Europeans tried that once. It was called colonialism, and one can point to colonialism and the artificial boundaries it created as at least part of the problem the region faces today.
deadheadskier wrote:You think the people of the middle east will except foreign occupation by nations that bombed the sh*t out of their families without the occupiers putting forth a massive effort to improve the lives of those who live there?

No chance. Terrorism would continue at a significant level as long as living conditions are so poor.
Did you guys read the article? Because I get the sense you didn't read the article.

The "living conditions" argument is liberal BS. When you actually learn about it, terrorists have a wide variety of motivations.

We can spin our wheels for the next 50 years and let the middle east continue to be unstable, or the rest of the world can take action and benevolently segregate the middle east along historic ethnic and religious lines. Sure, some people aren't going to like it. But it's the only real solution to the problem.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... 7305331137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... ts/384980/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
wanderer7453
Bumper

Post by wanderer7453 »

Coydog wrote:
wanderer7453 wrote: When you hold the position Kerry holds he has to measure his words carefully. The fact is that he and the Administration he works for felt it was a legitimate attack. That's what came out. That's what was on his mind. That is how he feels. Either he and the administration are at best idiots, at worse sympathizers with radical terrorists.
Kinda like saying either Bush and his administration were at best idiots, at worst 9/11 was an inside job.
You analogy bewilders me. I have no idea of the relevance.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

wanderer7453 wrote:
Coydog wrote:
You analogy bewilders me. I have no idea of the relevance.
Both are equally plausible.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:Image
Probably would fulfill the End of Days prophecy.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Coydog wrote:As to what Kerry actually said:

“There’s something different about what happened with Charlie Hebdo, and I think everybody would feel that. There was a sort of particularized focus, and perhaps even a legitimacy in terms of — not a legitimacy, but a rationale that you could attach yourself to somehow and say, ‘O.K., they’re really angry because of this and that.’ This Friday was absolutely indiscriminate. It wasn’t to aggrieve one particular sense of wrong; it was to terrorize people. It was to attack everything that we do stand for.”

Incredibly inartful, yes. Probably better off not to have said anything at all, but obviously Kerry is not claiming the Charlie Hebdo attack was legitimate. Later, he clarifies:

“Let me make my point as clearly as I can. There are no grounds of history, religion, ideology, psychology, politics, economic disadvantage or personal ambition that justify the slaughter of unarmed civilians, the bombing of public places or indiscriminate violence towards innocent men, women and children, and such atrocities can never be rationalized, and we can never allow them to be rationalized. There’s no excuse. They have to be stopped.”

Yeah.....unfortunately I don't think he gets it. Everything ISIS does is part of a medieval apocalyptic Islamic religious war - everything they do is justified by that premise. As absurd as that sounds, nothing else makes sense.