My Dec. 03 Report! WTF, where are you guys?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

My Dec. 03 Report! WTF, where are you guys?

Post by Dr. NO »

Sorry, no pictures 'cause I haven't figured out how to use the i-Phone.

Started grabbing equipment at 8 AM, 1st chair for the race at 8:30. Heading up thought I could use another layer, especially on the quad when the wind kicked in. Not needed as once you were on the hill it was not so bad. Was a typical New England Day. Don't like the weather, give it 5 minutes and it will change.

Early on some drizzle with wind blowing down the hill on Bunny. Shortly later, no precip and wind blowing up the hill. Give it another 15 minutes and light snow. Changed over to sleet and then changed to the grapple. Stuff hurts when skiing minus goggles. Back to light snow and FOG.

Snow on the hill was difficult unless you kept your skis on. it would stick to your boots, up to 3 inches piled on and then you couldn't get your skis on, especially on steeper sections.

By the time I reached Rutvegas, temps were in the 40's and the sun was working its way out.

Not sure what trails they were but the guns were going COLD and heavy in the Canyon, North Ridge (West Glade) area.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: My Dec. 03 Report! WTF, where are you guys?

Post by skiadikt »

Dr. NO wrote:Sorry, no pictures 'cause I haven't figured out how to use the i-Phone.

Started grabbing equipment at 8 AM, 1st chair for the race at 8:30. Heading up thought I could use another layer, especially on the quad when the wind kicked in. Not needed as once you were on the hill it was not so bad. Was a typical New England Day. Don't like the weather, give it 5 minutes and it will change.

Early on some drizzle with wind blowing down the hill on Bunny. Shortly later, no precip and wind blowing up the hill. Give it another 15 minutes and light snow. Changed over to sleet and then changed to the grapple. Stuff hurts when skiing minus goggles. Back to light snow and FOG.

Snow on the hill was difficult unless you kept your skis on. it would stick to your boots, up to 3 inches piled on and then you couldn't get your skis on, especially on steeper sections.

By the time I reached Rutvegas, temps were in the 40's and the sun was working its way out.

Not sure what trails they were but the guns were going COLD and heavy in the Canyon, North Ridge (West Glade) area.
are you saying there was 3" of new snow? blowing snow in the canyon?
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

skiadikt wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Sorry, no pictures 'cause I haven't figured out how to use the i-Phone.

are you saying there was 3" of new snow? blowing snow in the canyon?
3" stuck to my boots blocking the binding. Yep, guns were going but not sure where.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Snow showers whitewashed the mountain back to a winter look. Summit temperature of 28 degrees for our late day arrival. Ice hard base was just finishing firming up as the recovery snowmaking was going full bore. The ice cube tray corduroy survived the day with any new snow gripping onto the grooves. Roar of the guns made simple conversations difficult. Pitches and rolls on Upper East Fall were nice with the new manmade quite thick and chewy. Both Bunny and Mouse were pleasant without any guns. Superstar Headwall over to Skyelark was back under snow assault. Slick fast run off Skye Peak did not merit a repeat.

Grade C+

Quote of the Day – Hard to hear my music over these guns.
Attachments
Ice cube tray corduroy.jpg
Ice cube tray corduroy.jpg (63.47 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
Whitewashed.jpg
Whitewashed.jpg (125.25 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
Superstar guns.jpg
Superstar guns.jpg (77.89 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

nothing wrong with that report doc, thx. ski bum resluts link by any chance?
tku gis too.
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

twilkas wrote: nothing wrong with that report doc, thx. ski bum resluts link by any chance?
tku gis too.
Last season results:
http://www.killingtonskiclub.com/progra ... esults-/38

Skibum series starts December 9th.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Nice to see the mountain bathed in white. :like
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

tt431 wrote:
twilkas wrote: nothing wrong with that report doc, thx. ski bum resluts link by any chance?
tku gis too.
Last season results:
http://www.killingtonskiclub.com/progra ... esults-/38

Skibum series starts December 9th.
wow impressive times by mrs gis and of course doc.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
KnuckleDragger
Powderhound

Post by KnuckleDragger »

On our way up this afternoon. Tell them to keep the guns blazing!
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

If this is a consular ship, where is the Ambassador???
Ron Paul 2012
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

3rd was much better than I had anticipated with all the r*in Wed. Air hogs going full boar all day on Rime (t2b), upper Dipper & East Fall, upper/middle Great Northern & a few other scattered spots. Part of middle Supe was lit up as well as upper Supe. Air hogs going on lower Skye Hawk too. Skye Lark as mentioned was firm & fast but had it's moments. Might have forgotten a few areas with guns blazing.

Today was better with the Rime air hogs still going (t2b), upper Dipper, don't know about upper Great Northern since I never rode the gondi but spot guns on middle Great Northern. Air hogs going all day on upper Chute which I think should be online tomorrow, mixing bowl air gun going. Upper middle Supe with e-guns, no upper Supe today. Air hogs still on lower Skye Hawk. Spot guns around the base area that didn't seem to produce much. Skye Lark skied much better today after a groom.

I'm still sick after eating at the ski bum party at Moguls Wed.
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

steamboat1 wrote:
No problem here. I ate the ribs, shrimp, the salad, the mini buns with the crab meat, etc. and felt fine.
What did you eat that made you sick? Just curious.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

tt431 wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
No problem here. I ate the ribs, shrimp, the salad, the mini buns with the crab meat, etc. and felt fine.
I'd rethink blaming Moguls . . . there is a flu going around that hits quickly!!! Have not heard of anyone else having an issue with the food Wednesday!!
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

MrsG wrote:
tt431 wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
I'd rethink blaming Moguls . . . there is a flu going around that hits quickly!!! Have not heard of anyone else having an issue with the food Wednesday!!
Maybe so but it sure is coincidental that I got sick less than an hour after eating. Don't feel weak or feverish like having the flu, I skied two days with it. Just stomach cramps & vomiting like food poisoning.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Please .. No pictures :lol:

Be Well :Toast
Forever .. Goat Path