Saturday, 12/23 .....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Saturday, 12/23 .....

Post by MrsG »

Well, we made the old college try :mrgreen: Surface was awesome - freezing coating, not so much - especially on knees and derrière :shock: Need waterproof for sure - no falling precip waiting for shuttle, started on Snowshed quad .... after sitting in puddles, and being covered in a coating of ice, it was time to head out!!! The surface is definitely 'hero' and creamy .... well worth it if you have 'foul weather gear' :mrgreen:

Be safe out there folks!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Saturday, 12/23 .....

Post by madhatter »

MrsG wrote:Well, we made the old college try :mrgreen: Surface was awesome - freezing coating, not so much - especially on knees and derrière :shock: Need waterproof for sure - no falling precip waiting for shuttle, started on Snowshed quad .... after sitting in puddles, and being covered in a coating of ice, it was time to head out!!! The surface is definitely 'hero' and creamy .... well worth it if you have 'foul weather gear' :mrgreen:

Be safe out there folks!!!
:like :like many will appreciate that report...hatters are doing family holiday stuff til monday or tuesday...and with the forecast temps likely projects at the hatterdome for most of the rest of the break...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
lasereyes
Beginner On Rentals

Post by lasereyes »

We are heading up today to ski tomorrow. Any thoughts on how it's likely to be with today's (freezing) r*in?
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Was out this AM. Hit up Powerline Woods and some South Ridge reserved. Cover is good. Heavy.

Going back out in a few.

Oh yea WET. Mountain not damaged so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

ImageImage
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Different than Friday.

Early r*in with laps on the skyship.

Few runs with Ty and Pete.

Lower vertigo not a do over.

Headed up top with the captain after Conclusion. Nice.

Lunch up top to an empty peak.

Last run on Lower O had to be done before coral reef grows.

Quit at 1:30 due to wet underwear.

Ugly sweater tonight at liquid art.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

The snow on the groomed trails was delicious cream cheese. Any fresh snow had a thin crust on it. Still soft and turntable but weird. I was only planning to take a couple runs but ended up staying out for hours. Thanks to gortex pro waterproofing. I left around noon when all the HSQs shut down and my gloves were starting to leak. All in all I had a lot of fun. Very few people and great surfaces.

Once the temps drop, the snow is going to go to hell. Sharpen those edges.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Another rare morning report: Figured we had a better chance at getting some decent runs in early based on the radar. Except for first ride up the frozen OL chair [aka - wet butts right out of the gate], mostly rode the two gondis and the precipitation wasn't too bade. With that said, when I was out driving around in the afternoon, the r*in had picked up so not sure I agree with previous poster about 'not too much damage'. We will see.

ROTD: Conclusion. Had been eyeing it up for last week or so and kicking myself for not doing it yet. When we did it [twice] it was sorta skied in, cream cheese, and decent cover. Appreciated they were running the snowdon triple with the early exit option. Other notables:

- Escapade -> Cascade
- Cruise Control was like butter.
- Bittersweet -> HIgh Road also buttery
- Bear Claw -> Skyeburst final run very good.

Enjoyed skiing with Ty for a bit, and RustyK through lunch at the peak.

We were
that was
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Jay was the Bomb yesterday.
Never completely changed over.
Nearly entirely open.
Few Canadien fans :mrgreen:

Looks like Iced Tea ruled the K 8)

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path