Friday, St Patty's Day eve 3/16/17

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Friday, St Patty's Day eve 3/16/17

Post by Mister Moose »

Another 6 inches according to the mountain, and fairly light. We're getting trained to expect at least a little something every morning now.

And I have photos which I might get around to posting, but how many ways can you dish up untracked fields of white and cottony soft moguls?

The differences today were the usual Friday bump, K1 was 30 minutes late so Snowdon got trampled faster than usual, the sun actually made an appearance, and Conclusion delivered a great last run in spite of the triple running with it in full view.

ROTD: wherever you went. It's a 10.0 out there. There have been deeper storms, but not a day after day run like this.
Jim
Slalom Racer

Re: Friday, St Patty's Day eve 3/16/17

Post by Jim »

Mister Moose wrote:Another 6 inches according to the mountain, and fairly light. We're getting trained to expect at least a little something every morning now.

And I have photos which I might get around to posting, but how many ways can you dish up untracked fields of white and cottony soft moguls?

The differences today were the usual Friday bump, K1 was 30 minutes late so Snowdon got trampled faster than usual, the sun actually made an appearance, and Conclusion delivered a great last run in spite of the triple running with it in full view.

ROTD: wherever you went. It's a 10.0 out there. There have been deeper storms, but not a day after day run like this.
Speaking of St Patty’s- where’s the go to tomorrow night? Any places have corned beef?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Jim wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:Another 6 inches according to the mountain, and fairly light. We're getting trained to expect at least a little something every morning now.

Speaking of St Patty’s- where’s the go to tomorrow night? Any places have corned beef?
Best bets would be Moguls and/or Lookout but I'd call and ask.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
jbkmart
Black Carver

Post by jbkmart »

Fluffy marshmallows and cottony clouds.
4 days of bell to bell and I still can't enough.
Amazing how Conclusion held up into the afternoon.
Best March Ever.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Jim wrote:

Inn at Long Trail / McGrath's Irish Pub. You'll probably have to pry yourself in with a crowbar though.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

The place behind the Foundry is great as well.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

hillbangin wrote:The place behind the Foundry is great as well.
The Summit Lodge?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Another fantastic one out there today folks although I could offer that it was not quite as good as Thursday (the deep, off-map woods snow was a bit more settled in). Don't get me wrong, the deep pow in the woods is still fantastic.

ROTD: Low Rider is the best I've seen it in many years. Several runner ups for ROTD.

Stash woods and other woods in the Needle's Eye area is where I spent first part of my day. Leaving trails (Stitchline, etc.) for the weekend.

Skye Hawk is really good and coupled with Vertigo -> Stairs was right up there for ROTD honors.

Took a lap over to Rams Head for Twister woods and was not disappointed.

Etc. Etc
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!