Saturday, April 21, 2018 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: Saturday, April 21, 2018 Report

Post by hillbangin »

Bubba wrote:From this evening's conditions report:

"As great a day as it was, we do want to apologize for the parking situation today. We were unprepared for the size of the crowd that arrived, and we weren't at our best. We'll try to be considerably more organized tomorrow with appropriate transportation to and from the remote lots. Thanks to everyone for their patience today."
That was BS. The weather was a 10. The resort was a 4.

What's the excuse for running 4 lifts and 1 parking lot today.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Top 10 is the right description. Spent most of the day in the woods. Got first tracks on catwalk to start the day.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

tyrolean_skier wrote:What an awesome day. Blue skies and sun to soften things up. Stayed away from the Superstar pod because according to the report, we will be down to the Superstar lift only as of Monday. The woods at Snowdon and in the Canyon were great earlier in the day but the snow got a bit funky later in the afternoon. Anarchy had full coverage even the exit. Royal Flush was wonderful and I enjoyed it multiple times. Conclusion also had nice soft snow too. Spent my day riding mostly the Snowden Triple or the K1. Highline was also nice and soft in the middle of the day. Northstar and Great Bear all had nice soft moguls to ski. Cascade and Double Dipper had nice soft snow to ski later in the day. The Flume finally opened sometimes during the day. Will try to ski mosly those runs again tomorrow as they will be unavailable unless we hike after that. What a shame that they will be shutting down these lifts with all that snow still available for skiing.
How were the rogman walls?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mid Day / Afternoon Report: An awesome day as long as you could find a place to park.

Yes, they really should have had another lift or two (Canyon Quad / Needles Eye) running, but in the afternoon, lines were not bad. And thanx for the free lunch.

Mostly skied off the Snowdon Triple and K1 once the line went down.

ROTD: Escapade (or light) / Flume (x3).

All of the runs on Snowdon were great (not quite as good as Friday, but what the hey).

Weather was fantastic providing a nice lone apres-ski on the access road with good friends, food, and drink.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Captain Hafski wrote:Mid Day / Afternoon Report: An awesome day as long as you could find a place to park.

Yes, they really should have had another lift or two (Canyon Quad / Needles Eye) running, but in the afternoon, lines were not bad. And thanx for the free lunch.

Mostly skied off the Snowdon Triple and K1 once the line went down.

ROTD: Escapade (or light) / Flume (x3).

All of the runs on Snowdon were great (not quite as good as Friday, but what the hey).

Weather was fantastic providing a nice lone apres-ski on the access road with good friends, food, and drink.
what was REALLY needed was Skye chair running w parking at bear...I get why it wasn't and in the long run one crowded saturday parking lot is irrelevant...rove up the vale rd to seek a spot at KBL around 1130...NO WAY...traffic snafu just getting up vale rd to come back down access rd and park in vale lot anyway...walk up to bay one ( thanks GIS, 802 et al) to boot up wasn't anywhere near as bad as it sounds...good way to get the legs warmed up and stretched out actually...lift lines were longish but not even remotely epic, corrals at SS would have been a plus....canyon instead of NRT would have been most excellent...line inside KBL for the free lunch was not too long...Good burger, everyone one working K friendly and working hard to make things happen despite the overwhelming demand...Music venue was awesome as you can see in the pics...surface was awesome and improved w every run...trails were far less crowded than the parking situation would have indicated...in fact far less than MOST midwinter saturdays...

yep the parking woulda coulda shoulda been a lot better...but you'll get that when everyone else is closed and yer the king of spring...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

hillbangin wrote:

"As great a day as it was, we do want to apologize for the parking situation today. We were unprepared for the size of the crowd that arrived, and we weren't at our best. We'll try to be considerably more organized tomorrow with appropriate transportation to and from the remote lots. Thanks to everyone for their patience today."

They're thinking of adding a parking section to the conditions page .. complete with webcams
By the time the page loads, the parking lots would be empty :lol:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:
hillbangin wrote:

They're thinking of adding a parking section to the conditions page .. complete with webcams
By the time the page loads, the parking lots would be empty :lol:

:Toast
that was pretty funny...used to be what you were most known for...too bad TURD infected you so severely...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SkiPutt
Slalom Racer

Post by SkiPutt »

Parking was insane, but a big THUMBS UP for trying to fix the problem on the fly! We parked in Snowshed lot and had a courtesy car pull up immediately to give us and others a ride - skis and boards were welcome in the car :-)
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Little overhead video of Saturday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KuiW9sx7mc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Excellent video of the hardest run of the day. Parking.

Got there just before 10 and made my own parking spot in Bay 5. I heard it got worse after that.

All hands on deck shuttles were in effect.

Excellent woods day skiing with the CT crew and SBF.

Dazed and the free burger great. Saw lots of K peeps at the Bay one.

Staying open to 5 excellent.
Where is Happy Hour ?
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Great day. Had to hike up from Vale lot for parking.

Also was not appreciated enough to get a burger and a hotdog. Gotta watch those profit margins.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

I can't believe they did not get snowshed running. Plenty of cover - would have fixed the parking issue - everyone could have skied to the lift. They would not have had to run ANY shuttles. Money Saver!!!!!!!

When they saw the weather a week ago they could have figured that one out.

I got there at noon - dropped the family and all my gear at K1. Parked across from the Med Center. Thumbed up the hill -

The guy that picked me up kept saying I'll find a spot as he's driving up to K1. When we got to K1 a guy was pulling out of the 1st spot in Bay 1 next to the pole across from the handicap spots -

Now that's good Karma!!!!!!!!!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

hillbangin wrote:I can't believe they did not get snowshed running. Plenty of cover - would have fixed the parking issue - everyone could have skied to the lift. They would not have had to run ANY shuttles. Money Saver!!!!!!!

When they saw the weather a week ago they could have figured that one out.

I got there at noon - dropped the family and all my gear at K1. Parked across from the Med Center. Thumbed up the hill -

The guy that picked me up kept saying I'll find a spot as he's driving up to K1. When we got to K1 a guy was pulling out of the 1st spot in Bay 1 next to the pole across from the handicap spots -

Now that's good Karma!!!!!!!!!!!!
what goes around comes around and what comes around goes around....chosen bound...
mach es sehr schnell

buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

liv4ski wrote:Top 10 is the right description. Spent most of the day in the woods. Got first tracks on catwalk to start the day.
ImageImageImageImage

nice pics. good skiing w/you and crew during the pm.
+1 top ten.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

buckethead wrote:
liv4ski wrote:Top 10 is the right description. Spent most of the day in the woods. Got first tracks on catwalk to start the day.
ImageImageImageImage

nice pics. good skiing w/you and crew during the pm.
+1 top ten.
I skied with the crew in the morning but then skied with the Snow Princess in the afternoon so I guessed I missed skiing with you.