NSR: Best Christmas Movies?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

NSR: Best Christmas Movies?

Post by Bubba »

Do your favorites tend to be the traditional ones like "It's a Wonderful Life" or "A Christmas Carol"?; comedies like "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"?; or the Christmas movie that's not a "Christmas" movie, "Die Hard"? Others?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
GnarDawg
Green Skidder

Re: NSR: Best Christmas Movies?

Post by GnarDawg »

Scrooged
Bad Santa
Batman Returns
Gremlins
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Die Hard
Where is Happy Hour ?
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

2 good ones that people may not consider:
Love Actually
The Family Stone
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Michael. Not any snow in it, and no fat guy in a red suit. But there's angels. One of my favorite movies.

"You can never have too much sugar"
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Best NEW YEARS EVE Movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Days_%28film%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:Do your favorites tend to be the traditional ones like "It's a Wonderful Life" or "A Christmas Carol"?; comedies like "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"?; or the Christmas movie that's not a "Christmas" movie, "Die Hard"? Others?
Willis has said that Die Hard is NOT a Christmas movie.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

It's a Wonderful Life and my favorite line in the movie is "You call this a happy family, why do we have to have all these kids!" I use that line on my wife several times a year, more so now that all of our girls are teenagers. It's absolutely brutal, I tell people I have estrogen poisoning. Can't tell you how many people who's kids are already grown have openly laughed at me when I told them we have 3 daughters. Had one guy who raised 3 boys and a girl tell me that they didn't even notice the 3 boys because the one girl was so much work.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

KingsFourMan wrote:It's a Wonderful Life and my favorite line in the movie is "You call this a happy family, why do we have to have all these kids!" I use that line on my wife several times a year, more so now that all of our girls are teenagers. It's absolutely brutal, I tell people I have estrogen poisoning. Can't tell you how many people who's kids are already grown have openly laughed at me when I told them we have 3 daughters. Had one guy who raised 3 boys and a girl tell me that they didn't even notice the 3 boys because the one girl was so much work.
With a wife and three daughters, do you ever get to use the bathroom? :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

KingsFourMan wrote:It's a Wonderful Life and my favorite line in the movie is "You call this a happy family, why do we have to have all these kids!" I use that line on my wife several times a year, more so now that all of our girls are teenagers. It's absolutely brutal, I tell people I have estrogen poisoning. Can't tell you how many people who's kids are already grown have openly laughed at me when I told them we have 3 daughters. Had one guy who raised 3 boys and a girl tell me that they didn't even notice the 3 boys because the one girl was so much work.
Feel very sorry for you and the wife - one girl gave me enough problems.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Bubba wrote:
With a wife and three daughters, do you ever get to use the bathroom? :wink:
Tell me about it. Even the dog is one of those little white floofie female handbag dogs because of my wife's allergies, had to get a hypoallergenic dog. If it was up to me i would have gotten one of those ugly snorting snot noised bulldogs with a bunch of junk hanging down in the back to even things out around here.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Die Hard not a Christmas movie? 20th Century Fox disagrees. "Yippee Ki Yay, MF”
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Have two of each. One of my boys was a handful, and one of the girls was a handful. The other two? If you wrote a child raising manual about them everyone would call it fake as they were all but model kids. Go figure.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Bad Santa. Nuff said.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage