Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Scathing Facebook Review . .

Post by Bubba »

St. Jerry wrote:
ski wrote:from Feb 5th . . . . OUCH !
The staff was very unprofessional. I’ve been to many skiing resorts, but I have yet to experience such a horrible time. My most recent trip to Killington Ski area on February 5, 2019 makes me not want to return again. I was on the Snowshed slope waiting to get on the ski chair lift with my friend. When I got on the chair, I slipped and fell. The lift control operator just stood there and watched me fall while yelling at me to “keep on going.” As I was trying to pick myself up, the following chairs hit my face which later caused me to form a bruise on my face and ear which caused a ringing sound. After I got hit a few times, the operator continued to have her hand on the controller but did not bother to stop or slow down the lift at all. I believe she purposely did not bother to stop or slow down the lift. She just watched me struggle the entire time and did not bother to assist. I’m not sure if its because I’m an Asian and she is being racist, but her unprofessionalism towards me is unappreciated and I will never return to your establishment again.
I can personally confirm the Killington bias against orientals is true. Other mountains such as Vail try hard to cater to orientals. Heck they named half of the mountain for them. China Bowl, Mongolia Bowl, Chopsticks, Gingis Kahn, etc,...

At Killington they have the Devil's fiddle and Devil's den. OMG, is that what they really think, that the orientals are the Devil?!?!? WTF. And when they changed the "Far Eastern" trail to "Great Eastern", well that sent people looking elsewhere for an oriental friendly mountain.

And don't get me started on Yoshi Sushi...
Use of the word Oriental when referring to Asians is soooooo incorrect.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

skiadikt wrote:yeah perhaps some, maybe a lot of angry embellishment, but someone (obviously a beginner) had what was to her a bad, scary experience. a picture of the offending opp was posted and guessing the mtn looked into it.
I’m not sure if its because I’m an Asian and she is being racist, but her unprofessionalism towards me is unappreciated and I will never return to your establishment again.
Last weekend was a helmet, neck warmer and goggles day, both days. It wasn't ball cap and sunglasses. How would the lifty even know the skier was Asian?
btw, feb. 5 was a slush fest and ball cap day for some with temps reaching 50. i'm sure "racism" had nothing to do with it but try to be a bit more factually correct.

find some irony that the competency and attitude of the lift opps has been questioned here for years and now when one allegedly screws up, it's nah, it couldn't be ...
Agree, Tuesday was warm. But disagree as to irony, it’s simply the Animal House defense: they can’t do that to our lifties, only we can do that to our lifties.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Oh? So now this is going to become a race thing? People need to get over themselves.
I'm Irish and don't give a fu#k what you say about me. Talk crap all you want. Say it to my face and see what happens.
Idiots need to learn how to load and unload. Doesn't matter what race or ethnicity you are! A ski lift is a machine. It has no racial bias. Stupid snow flake world we live in.
You can't fix stupid! :beat :dis
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

from said FB post . . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

ski wrote:from said FB post . . .
I guess you can hire the handi enabled. Good tax break. Great law suit for the likes of Sol Rosenberg. Piss poor business model if thats who the mountain hires. I want my 365 pass money back. You can't hire an idiot to run a lift. Wish they could find good seasonal employees besides the crooks and crack heads. I won't name people because you can't tell the public the truth.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

St. Jerry wrote:
ski wrote:from Feb 5th . . . . OUCH !
The staff was very unprofessional. I’ve been to many skiing resorts, but I have yet to experience such a horrible time. My most recent trip to Killington Ski area on February 5, 2019 makes me not want to return again. I was on the Snowshed slope waiting to get on the ski chair lift with my friend. When I got on the chair, I slipped and fell. The lift control operator just stood there and watched me fall while yelling at me to “keep on going.” As I was trying to pick myself up, the following chairs hit my face which later caused me to form a bruise on my face and ear which caused a ringing sound. After I got hit a few times, the operator continued to have her hand on the controller but did not bother to stop or slow down the lift at all. I believe she purposely did not bother to stop or slow down the lift. She just watched me struggle the entire time and did not bother to assist. I’m not sure if its because I’m an Asian and she is being racist, but her unprofessionalism towards me is unappreciated and I will never return to your establishment again.
I can personally confirm the Killington bias against orientals is true. Other mountains such as Vail try hard to cater to orientals. Heck they named half of the mountain for them. China Bowl, Mongolia Bowl, Chopsticks, Gingis Kahn, etc,...

At Killington they have the Devil's fiddle and Devil's den. OMG, is that what they really think, that the orientals are the Devil?!?!? WTF. And when they changed the "Far Eastern" trail to "Great Eastern", well that sent people looking elsewhere for an oriental friendly mountain.

And don't get me started on Yoshi Sushi...
Butt, butt, butt, St. Jerry....did you read her review on the local gook food? Apparently she liked it; for Vermont standards.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Bubba wrote:Use of the word Oriental when referring to Asians is soooooo incorrect.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Oh? So now this is going to become a race thing? People need to get over themselves.
I'm Irish and don't give a fu#k what you say about me. Talk crap all you want. Say it to my face and see what happens.
The Irish are the low life culturally and educationally of the western world. They ae simply inferior. Their IQ scores are universally lower. I would never hire somebody who identified as Irish. Irish need not apply!
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

GSKI wrote:
The Irish are the low life culturally and educationally of the western world. They ae simply inferior. Their IQ scores are universally lower. I would never hire somebody who identified as Irish. Irish need not apply!
I concur. Especially if they are Jewish Irish, with a tad of spic from the Spanish Armada shipwrecks.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Bubba wrote:
Use of the word Oriental when referring to Asians is soooooo incorrect.
I disagree Uncle Artie. Do you have any Oriental rugs in your domicile? Many Humps do. It adds to the decor.
Powderputz
Bumper

Post by Powderputz »

The liftie allowed several chairs to hit this skier in the face? I find that extremely hard to believe. I'm sure other skiers would have spoken up LOUDLY telling the lift operator to stop the lift.

"I’m not sure if its because I’m an Asian and she is being racist"? Did the skier wear goggles? Face mask? As the lift chairs come 'round, and your face is being struck by the chair, that means you're facing 180 degrees opposite the liftie. The lift operator might have only been able to see the back of your head.

Sorry to say, the story sounds "far-fetched".