Early call for Happy Hour

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Early call for Happy Hour

Post by Dr. NO »

Only up for a couple days but would like to see a few for a few. Tomorrow or Wednesday. Cleaning up the house and yard. (Thanks Neighbor for chopping down the weeds. New place in Mendon? on Access Road? Post up and see where
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
rogman
Postinator

Re: Early call for Happy Hour

Post by rogman »

Will be up sometime Friday. Will you still be around? Heard "Hops on the Hill" at Mtn Green is opening that night. Catch you there?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

rogman wrote:Will be up sometime Friday. Will you still be around? Heard "Hops on the Hill" at Mtn Green is opening that night. Catch you there?
That is what Rutland beer works tuned into?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

rogman wrote:Will be up sometime Friday. Will you still be around? Heard "Hops on the Hill" at Mtn Green is opening that night. Catch you there?
Can't hang around that long. Ronni has some things going on and may end up at my Brother's place in Orange for a picnic. I'm sure you will share the Beer thread.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Aug 30, 2019 - Hops on the Hill will be opening in the restaurant space that was formerly occupied by Rutland Beer Works. Scheduled for a November 1, 2019 opening date, they will be serving Vermont craft beers, cider and wine as well as creative pub fare. Their initial hours will be Wednesday to Sunday from 3pm on
Where is Happy Hour ?
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Gsmashed called me last night and would be interested in this....
Where is Happy Hour ?
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

RustyK wrote:Aug 30, 2019 - Hops on the Hill will be opening in the restaurant space that was formerly occupied by Rutland Beer Works. Scheduled for a November 1, 2019 opening date, they will be serving Vermont craft beers, cider and wine as well as creative pub fare. Their initial hours will be Wednesday to Sunday from 3pm on
So this is a new place and Rutland beer already bailed on this location after a few months? None of these places work out in that location. At least 5 in the last 10 years. I think this is the shortest stay so far...
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

RENO wrote:
RustyK wrote:Aug 30, 2019 - Hops on the Hill will be opening in the restaurant space that was formerly occupied by Rutland Beer Works. Scheduled for a November 1, 2019 opening date, they will be serving Vermont craft beers, cider and wine as well as creative pub fare. Their initial hours will be Wednesday to Sunday from 3pm on
So this is a new place and Rutland beer already bailed on this location after a few months? None of these places work out in that location. At least 5 in the last 10 years. I think this is the shortest stay so far...
tough location. not visible from the road. hoping these guys make it.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Besides being pretty cold in there with that window wall it really isnt that bad of a place, but like said, until somebody brought me there I had no idea that there was a restaurant there. Driving by you cant tell.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

They need at least a freestanding sign outside you can bring in and out daily... You would think they get plenty of business from the people staying at the mountain green also. I guess it's not enough... Hopefully these guys make it. Nice having a place to walk to from our condo.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

The new Mountain Inn distillery/restaurant {Ex Santa Fe) might open this season, and that should help some with forming a little synergy/expectation of food on East Mountain Road. That will be 3, Hops on the Mtn, the distillery, and Preston's. Mountain Green should help their own cause with some better signage, and maybe lower rent, because the current rent no one seems to return to. Was there ever a restaurant in the Cascade Lodge?
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Back when it was a sports bar called the Skybox, Doria and I hang out there for a night cap when we came up. What I heard at that time was that they weren't allowed any additional signage because of town rules. I assume the same thing applies to Preston's, since I don't see one for it out front either. Bartender's name was Mike, and those "lovely" front windows all leaked, and he'd named them. Kitchen downstairs made serving a bit of a nightmare.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Mister Moose wrote:The new Mountain Inn distillery/restaurant {Ex Santa Fe) might open this season, and that should help some with forming a little synergy/expectation of food on East Mountain Road. That will be 3, Hops on the Mtn, the distillery, and Preston's. Mountain Green should help their own cause with some better signage, and maybe lower rent, because the current rent no one seems to return to. Was there ever a restaurant in the Cascade Lodge?
The owners of Restaurants and shops like Blackdog in there also pay association fees just like owners of the condos which are ridiculous. I heard they are trying to push a massive special assessment to the owners and all hell is breaking loose. Not sure who owns the restaurant location?
Killingtime
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Killingtime »

RENO wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:The new Mountain Inn distillery/restaurant {Ex Santa Fe) might open this season, and that should help some with forming a little synergy/expectation of food on East Mountain Road. That will be 3, Hops on the Mtn, the distillery, and Preston's. Mountain Green should help their own cause with some better signage, and maybe lower rent, because the current rent no one seems to return to. Was there ever a restaurant in the Cascade Lodge?
The owners of Restaurants and shops like Blackdog in there also pay association fees just like owners of the condos which are ridiculous. I heard they are trying to push a massive special assessment to the owners and all hell is breaking loose. Not sure who owns the restaurant location?
The restaurant space at Mountain Green is owned by the condo association and leased out to an operator. The operator pays the utilities and a very reasonable annual rent. The signage has always been a problem. It is highly regulated. Don't remember if it is a Town of Killington thing or State of Vermont thing, but there are strict limitations.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

We live at MG, and, of course, want any establishment that goes in the space to be successful. Maybe if some of you would give it a try, instead of being so negative and spreading rumors. Even if any of it was true, is it any of your business to spread “say-so” information?

Geesh, I wish we were skiing :P