Killington not reopening this Spring!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Killington not reopening this Spring!

Post by madhatter »

RENO wrote:Definitely the right thing to do with the skiing. Most (normal) people already knew that was gonna happen. Can't have 1 trail and 1 lift open for the entire northeast to invade!
Golf rules in general are ridiculous so adding the new ridiculous rules aren't gonna impact 99% of the general golf population.

I just hope the rest of the year gets better and better with summer stuff going well and skiing returns to some normalcy next season.
nailed it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

madhatter wrote:
RENO wrote:Definitely the right thing to do with the skiing. Most (normal) people already knew that was gonna happen. Can't have 1 trail and 1 lift open for the entire northeast to invade!
Golf rules in general are ridiculous so adding the new ridiculous rules aren't gonna impact 99% of the general golf population.

I just hope the rest of the year gets better and better with summer stuff going well and skiing returns to some normalcy next season.
nailed it...
I play golf, but haven't gone in several years. Just don't have the time. I'd rather take the mountain bike out for a ride. I can go for an hour or 2 and still have a good time. Better then wandering around on a golf course for 6 hours. I've walked off a course several times mid round because it was torture... :lol: Golfing at K on a quiet day isn't bad. I've gotten through a round a few times under 3 hours. I'd like to try the new golfboards at K. I've actually mountain biked the golf course several times late in the day when there's hardly anyone left on the course. I think that was probably the best times I've had on the course... :lol:
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RENO wrote:
madhatter wrote:

nailed it...
I play golf, but haven't gone in several years. Just don't have the time. I'd rather take the mountain bike out for a ride. I can go for an hour or 2 and still have a good time. Better then wandering around on a golf course for 6 hours. I've walked off a course several times mid round because it was torture... :lol: Golfing at K on a quiet day isn't bad. I've gotten through a round a few times under 3 hours. I'd like to try the new golfboards at K. I've actually mountain biked the golf course several times late in the day when there's hardly anyone left on the course. I think that was probably the best times I've had on the course... :lol:
I have played golf in the past a few times...about equal to saying you've skied a few times...

the time suck is a big factor...I used to go to the par 3 in vernon Ct for sh!ts and giggles w friends once in a while...that was always fun...good place to walk around and drink beers I at the very least...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

madhatter wrote:
RENO wrote:
madhatter wrote:

nailed it...
I have played golf in the past a few times...about equal to saying you've skied a few times...

the time suck is a big factor...I used to go to the par 3 in vernon Ct for sh!ts and giggles w friends once in a while...that was always fun...good place to walk around and drink beers I at the very least...
Gav-Walt.png
Gav-Walt.png (719.85 KiB) Viewed 998 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RustyK wrote:
madhatter wrote:
RENO wrote:
madhatter wrote:

nailed it...

Gav-Walt.png
awesome!
mach es sehr schnell

SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Are the foam inserts sunken or even with the green? How would you know if you lipped out if they were even?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

We don't play the K course anymore.
Courses we've played all feature recessed inserts.
Ball can definitely lip out ..

As to time spent .. you just need to play better .. :banana:
The skateboard dealie is a total joke.
Superintendents just love those on the aprons .. :sad:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Crazy Skier
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Crazy Skier »

Most courses are using a swim noodle to stop the ball from going all the way down the hole. The course I play has the noodle cut too high. Then all doesn’t go down. Just hit the noodle. Has given me quite a few birdies this spring.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Crazy Skier wrote:Has given me quite a few birdies this spring.
Nice!

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Been going to the Killington area summer and winter for 40 years and still have not played the Killington course. Just never heard good things about it. Used to like Green Mountain National a lot but haven't played it in several years.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

SkiDork wrote:Are the foam inserts sunken or even with the green? How would you know if you lipped out if they were even?
I've personally have played rounds where the noodle is cut so it's about 1" above the turf (you get the bounce out factor then) where the noodle is cut maybe 1/2" below the surface of the green (sometimes the ball bounces out and sometimes it stays in the cup) and what IMHO is the closest to true, which is where the noodle is cut about 1.5" below the surface of the green, which is just less than the diameter of the golf ball, which allows the putt to be accurately holed, but still makes it easily retrievable without touching the flagstick...

That's the evolution my home course has gone through over the last 6 or so weeks now
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

How many throws are you allowed under the new Golf rules?
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Good question GIS. Also wondering about kicks?
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

Guy in Shorts wrote:How many throws are you allowed under the new Golf rules?
Depends entirely on your friendliness with the others in the group you're playing with :wink: :wink: :wink:
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

What if you hit the ball on your backswing on the first tee, and hit the ball into the parking lot? And then in your disorientation, keep hitting the ball towards the pin on top of the mountain in the distance? And then find yourself on the top with skis, because, you know, we're all skiers and you never know when you might golf your way into the rough.... snow.