NOTICE: BOARD SOFTWARE UPGRADE

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

LINYbob
Bumper

Re: NOTICE: BOARD SOFTWARE UPGRADE

Post by LINYbob »

The before upgrade image (see how it goes the whole width of the Web page) See the address bar for reference
before1b.png
before1b.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 591 times
But with the upgrade, there is a lot of empty space on the left and right. Maybe because the new software limits the width to 1200px?
after1b.png
after1b.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 591 times
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

spanky wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 09:30
tyrolean_skier wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 01:36 What happened to our avatars?
Offsite avatars (i.e., those with a web address/http setting) are not allowed. You will need to go to your avatar settings in board preferences of the user control panel, right click on your current avatar image, save it to your computer, then upload it as a custom avatar.
My avatar was not showing in a post, but was showing in my profile maintenance page. The default source was Gravitar. After selecting upload, and uploading the identical image that was already there (!!!) it now works. Sum kinda funkee update there, Spanky.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Left and right spaces probably to make it more mobile friendly, without having to actually use a mobile version.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Ditto on the "Sum kinda funkee update there, Spanky."

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Mister Moose wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 11:44
spanky wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 09:30
tyrolean_skier wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 01:36 What happened to our avatars?
Offsite avatars (i.e., those with a web address/http setting) are not allowed. You will need to go to your avatar settings in board preferences of the user control panel, right click on your current avatar image, save it to your computer, then upload it as a custom avatar.
My avatar was not showing in a post, but was showing in my profile maintenance page. The default source was Gravitar. After selecting upload, and uploading the identical image that was already there (!!!) it now works. Sum kinda funkee update there, Spanky.
Most avatars are hosted in the albums directory and we previously just provided a URL to the image in the avatar setting. Providing a URL to an avatar could pose a security risk so the presentation is blocked. The previous URL setting is still there and you can see it in your user profile page. It is just not functional anywhere else your avatar is presented.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

I tried the mobile version today and it did not work
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Big Bob wrote: Aug 18th, '20, 19:38 I tried the mobile version today and it did not work
Details? It works for me both in tapatalk and Android Chrome
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

There is no longer a mobile specific style. As of now, this is the only style. I recommend Tapatalk for ios/android.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

spanky wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 09:32
Highway Star wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 07:36 Not seeing any vintage format mode....?
The vintage style is "subsilver" and is not supported in this version of phpBB.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... 71#p761171
Going to miss subsilver . . . . This version is hard to read . . too busy
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

There used to be a setting that an Admin changed so that any link you clicked on opened in a new tab. Now if I forget to right click, open in new tab, it opens in the existing tab and I have to then go back to get back to KZone;. On the large majority of links this will not be a problem, but I was used to and liked the other way.

:mrgreen:
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Dickc wrote: Aug 19th, '20, 14:15 There used to be a setting that an Admin changed so that any link you clicked on opened in a new tab. Now if I forget to right click, open in new tab, it opens in the existing tab and I have to then go back to get back to KZone;. On the large majority of links this will not be a problem, but I was used to and liked the other way.

Ah, good point. That was a customization I did on the old board software that was lost with upgrade. I can find out where to put that in again.

mogwai
Green Skidder

Post by mogwai »

How about Tapatalk not showing image uploads?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Why don't you go practice falling down, I'll be there in a minute!
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

spanky wrote: Aug 19th, '20, 15:52
Dickc wrote: Aug 19th, '20, 14:15 There used to be a setting that an Admin changed so that any link you clicked on opened in a new tab. Now if I forget to right click, open in new tab, it opens in the existing tab and I have to then go back to get back to KZone;. On the large majority of links this will not be a problem, but I was used to and liked the other way.

Ah, good point. That was a customization I did on the old board software that was lost with upgrade. I can find out where to put that in again.
Let's see if this works:

Internal Link: http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/vi ... =1&t=45934
External Link: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/elonw/

Edit: Works for me in Chrome (only external links). Please try it out and let me know if it works for you.

spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

mogwai wrote: Aug 19th, '20, 16:28 How about Tapatalk not showing image uploads?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what you mean. I just went to the 2020 Garden Thread (linked in prior post) on tapatalk and I saw the attached images from Angus in the third post in that thread.

spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Testing Tapatalk image upload.