Vermont Pulling Over Out Of Staters - Rumor or Not?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Re: Vermont Pulling Over Out Of Staters - Rumor or Not?

Post by BoozeTan »

mogwai wrote: Nov 16th, '20, 10:19 He is only correct if your daytripping. Once you spend the night in Vermont and return home, quarantine must start again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
exactly....which is why I said weekend, not day trip
slatham
Green Skidder

Post by slatham »

mogwai wrote: Nov 16th, '20, 10:19 He is only correct if your daytripping. Once you spend the night in Vermont and return home, quarantine must start again.

So lets say I fully meet quarantine. I go to VT and stay for a week. Normal (for covid) activity.

I then go "home". In my home state I have to abide by their quarantine requirements as I had contact in VT.

BUT, if I come home to my out-of-VT house, and have NO contact, then I have not broken my VT quarantine and do not have to quarantine again upon returning.

But do note that no contact means no contact. NONE. No gas, grocery shopping, work, kids in school etc. None means none.
E O Eleven
Black Carver

Post by E O Eleven »

:zzz
Last edited by E O Eleven on Jan 13th, '22, 12:27, edited 2 times in total.
mogwai
Green Skidder

Post by mogwai »

slatham wrote:

So lets say I fully meet quarantine. I go to VT and stay for a week. Normal (for covid) activity.

I then go "home". In my home state I have to abide by their quarantine requirements as I had contact in VT.

BUT, if I come home to my out-of-VT house, and have NO contact, then I have not broken my VT quarantine and do not have to quarantine again upon returning.

But do note that no contact means no contact. NONE. No gas, grocery shopping, work, kids in school etc. None means none.
The i would say thank you. You get it, the vast majority including most here do not.

Why don't you go practice falling down, I'll be there in a minute!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Please post a link to something that states that. I have not seen anything say that.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

This is a rumor. The governor's executive order specifically prohibits officers from stopping or detaining people for the purpose of checking compliance with travel restrictions. It's also impossible to verify compliance with a quarantine that takes place out of state. There's a pattern of the governor making draconian restrictions and not giving an inch when asked about it, while there is a complete lack of enforcement outside of a check box. It seems to be a sort of bargaining technique. If you go as hard as possible, then maybe people will comply to a lesser degree. Like if you're selling a car and ask for 10k but would take 5k if offered. It's not a good strategy because with the travel restrictions it leads to xenophobia, and otherwise it makes the state look crazy like with the complete ban on socialization. Right now in the State of Vermont, it is technically illegal to walk outdoors with a friend, even if wearing masks. In both instances, it still doesn't get to the cause of the problem which is private, indoor gatherings between people who know each other.
iriponsnow
Green Skidder

Post by iriponsnow »

daytripper wrote: Nov 16th, '20, 11:05

Please post a link to something that states that. I have not seen anything say that.

"Quarantine means staying at a home or dwelling before doing any activities outside of the home, like grocery shopping or getting together with friends or family. People in quarantine should separate themselves from others and check themselves for symptoms."

from https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/ ... rs-vermont

Skiing or anything else outside the car/house = breaking the quarantine
mogwai
Green Skidder

Post by mogwai »

iriponsnow wrote:

"Quarantine means staying at a home or dwelling before doing any activities outside of the home, like grocery shopping or getting together with friends or family. People in quarantine should separate themselves from others and check themselves for symptoms."

Thank you.

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

iriponsnow wrote: Nov 16th, '20, 11:31

That is the rules for the quarantine period. Once I am done with my quarantine I can get in my car and drive to Vermont. While in Vermont I can do whatever I want as long as I am doing it in Vermont. I can drive home and stay home the whole time I am home then drive back to Vermont without breaking my quarantine. Once back in Vermont I can go skiing. Skiing does not break my quarantine as long as the skiing is in the state of Vermont.
iriponsnow
Green Skidder

Post by iriponsnow »

^ you are kidding right?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

daytripper wrote: Nov 16th, '20, 11:51
iriponsnow wrote: Nov 16th, '20, 11:31

That is the rules for the quarantine period. Once I am done with my quarantine I can get in my car and drive to Vermont. While in Vermont I can do whatever I want as long as I am doing it in Vermont. I can drive home and stay home the whole time I am home then drive back to Vermont without breaking my quarantine. Once back in Vermont I can go skiing. Skiing does not break my quarantine as long as the skiing is in the state of Vermont.
That's simply not true. Following the VT rules for interstate travel is not the same as quarantining. You can't travel and quarantine at home - its impossible. You are either quarantining at home or you're travelling. The two are mutually exclusive. When you leave your house to ski, you are no longer quarantining.
ImageImageImageImage
iriponsnow
Green Skidder

Post by iriponsnow »

Vermont and Non-Vermont Residents
The State of Vermont has suspended its leisure travel map and implemented a mandatory quarantine for anyone returning or traveling to Vermont.

Anyone returning or traveling to Vermont must follow Vermont’s mandatory quarantine policy. Vermonters returning from an out-of-state trip must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test.

Vermonters must remember to follow any travel restrictions and quarantine requirements for the states they plan to visit.
Residents of other states must adhere to the quarantine guidelines:

Travelers arriving to Vermont in a personal vehicle must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions.

Travelers arriving to Vermont who have not completed a pre-arrival quarantine must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends and family (travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site).

from https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/resta ... ate-travel
mogwai
Green Skidder

Post by mogwai »

See, he gets it.

FYI, Maine just restricted travel to and from Massachusetts with a reasonable request of a negative test within 72 hours, OR, 14 day quarantine

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0XeKfW8V ... lang=en_US

BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

well I guess we all know daytripper will be ignoring the quarantine rules...
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

which is probably just as safe as following them to be honest...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs