Southridge Quad

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Spyderman
Bumper

Southridge Quad

Post by Spyderman »

After removal of former triple lift, for seven years there was no lift. Then finally the old Snowden Quad was installed! Made a huge difference getting from Bear Mountain to Canyon and Snowden without schlepping across KBL to K-1 or Snowden lifts.

Will Southridge lift please run this weekend?
LocalSanity
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Southridge Quad

Post by LocalSanity »

Problem is and was getting 3 people to run the lift. I'm not sure how many short they are in lifts, but SR is probably the second lowest priority lift just above snowshed double.

Lifts in order of least priority:
SS II
SR4
Canyon4
SN3
Sunrise? (Not sure of this one, I think there's a contract with the condo ass.)
Bear
Needles
North ridge

My point is that almost every other lift is more important than SR. Although midwinter conditions like this, there isn't business sense in not running 100% on the busiest weekends. They spent money moving the lift over there. Not using it is just wasted capital.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

It is supposed to run this weekend.
Last edited by newpylong1 on Jan 28th, '22, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

I think the SR4 should def be higher on the list. The mountain is broken with out it. It connects bear to the rest of the mountain
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Last weekend the snowshed double was scheduled to run if needed while the SR4 was not. Seems the double has higher priority than a lift that makes the mountain so much more user friendly.
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

It was spinning today, empty, and a worker was prepping the unloading area.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

yup was spinning and there were workers prepping the loading & unloading areas. they also answered in the affirmative to snoloco's query on facebook.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Spyderman
Bumper

Post by Spyderman »

Sound the trumpets! Get news to add SR4 to schedule tomorrow to open 8:30 am.
Many thanks Mountain Ops team
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

yup, to me SR4 is a vital link to rest of mtn and makes skiing that area sooo much easier.
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
Spyderman
Bumper

Post by Spyderman »

Spyderman wrote: Jan 28th, '22, 18:23 Sound the trumpets! Great news to add SR4 to schedule tomorrow to open 8:30 am.
Many thanks Mountain Ops team
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

If it's running this weekend, someone please take a picture of Breakaway, Pipedream and Jug. I was not able to ski the area on the last days of skiing for me
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Jan 29th, '22, 00:35 If it's running this weekend, someone please take a picture of Breakaway, Pipedream and Jug. I was not able to ski the area on the last days of skiing for me
Unexpected snow first tracks January 19th upper Pipedream. I did not stop to take a picture of lower but it was very good too. Best wishes with your treatment.
Attachments
IMG_24.jpg
IMG_24.jpg (79.17 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Jan 29th, '22, 00:35 If it's running this weekend, someone please take a picture of Breakaway, Pipedream and Jug. I was not able to ski the area on the last days of skiing for me
The wind was ferocious on that side so I was one and done and wasn’t taking the gloves off / phone out . Went back to the other side after getting stuck on the OL chair along with Mr. and Mrs. G . Received some type of ticket to go to guest services. Went back over to the other side and rode the bubble singles line till after 3 . Hardly any wind compared to the other side. Spent the day lapping everything over there and had the trails to myself. North Star , Vagabond, chute, mouse run upper Flush and a low rider and Patsy’s . The trees need snow badly but surprisingly it was a nice day . Oh yeah, went in the K1 cafe for lunch walked around 3 times and finally got a table.. because that’s where everyone was .. inside.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

tt431 wrote: Jan 29th, '22, 06:42
Unexpected snow first tracks January 19th upper Pipedream. I did not stop to take a picture of lower but it was very good too. Best wishes with your treatment.
Loved the picture and glad you got first tracks buddy.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Atomic1 wrote: Jan 30th, '22, 06:44
The wind was ferocious on that side so I was one and done and wasn’t taking the gloves off / phone out . Went back to the other side after getting stuck on the OL chair along with Mr. and Mrs. G . Received some type of ticket to go to guest services. Went back over to the other side and rode the bubble singles line till after 3 . Hardly any wind compared to the other side. Spent the day lapping everything over there and had the trails to myself. North Star , Vagabond, chute, mouse run upper Flush and a low rider and Patsy’s . The trees need snow badly but surprisingly it was ar nice day . Oh yeah, went in the K1 cafe for lunch walked around 3 times and finally got a table.. because that’s where everyone was .. inside.
You're hardcore if you were out skiing while everyone else was inside, but you got some skiing in, so it was worth it.