Any KBL party reports?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Any KBL party reports?

Post by KBL Ed »

I had my last beer at KBL last weekend. I was hoping to go to the party today but alas I could not. Any reports?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Any KBL party reports?

Post by skiadikt »

wow KBL too bad you couldn't be there to send off your namesake. placed was packed. the band rocked rocked and the beers were flowing. great to see old friends. you could sign the walls. they set up photo stations etc. mike did a final countdown complete w champagne. nothing like the killington family. great send off for the old dump but looking forward to the new lodge.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

KBL Ed wrote: Mar 20th, '22, 16:16 I had my last beer at KBL last weekend. I was hoping to go to the party today but alas I could not. Any reports?
I wouldn't sweat it; I am sure they will do this again 50 or 60 years from now.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Any pictures of today's party?
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

Jerry.jpg
Jerry.jpg (207.85 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
Ron Paul 2012
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

It was an awesome party.

https://fb.watch/bUaZp_-UDK/
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Stopped in for a bit after skiing but too packed for our comfort level. Didn't stay long.

Good Bye old friend !!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

KBL is the OG but Bear will be a good send off too.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

A good time was had by all. It was, however, way overcrowded; fire laws and Covid be damned. Of course, if some people start coughing and running a fever in the next few days, 20-20 hindsight will definitely kick in.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

some people just HAVE to piss in others Cheerios....FWIW?.. the sendoff was the berries....HUGE time
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Unless you're cool with being bounced at the door because it's "too full" or having to make a reservation to attend the event, then you should keep your mouth shut about it being crowded, or just stay home. No one forced anyone to attend. I'm a relative newcomer to Killington, having first visited 15 years ago, and this being my first as a full passholder, but I still went and had a great time. I've always enjoyed attending historic events like this, both at Killington and elsewhere. Not once did I think about covid. If you want to participate in society, then you're going to have to accept some risk of getting sick.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Bubba wrote: Mar 21st, '22, 12:02 A good time was had by all. It was, however, way overcrowded; fire laws and Covid be damned. Of course, if some people start coughing and running a fever in the next few days, 20-20 hindsight will definitely kick in.
This is what KBL looks like during lunch on a busy weekend
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

snoloco wrote: Mar 21st, '22, 13:10 Unless you're cool with being bounced at the door because it's "too full" or having to make a reservation to attend the event, then you should keep your mouth shut about it being crowded, or just stay home. No one forced anyone to attend. I'm a relative newcomer to Killington, having first visited 15 years ago, and this being my first as a full passholder, but I still went and had a great time. I've always enjoyed attending historic events like this, both at Killington and elsewhere. Not once did I think about covid. If you want to participate in society, then you're going to have to accept some risk of getting sick.
:roll: Jeez people, lighten up. We all had a great time. As for the crowd, all we did at some point was move to the rear where there was a little more space. Being too warm was more on our minds than catching Covid. At this point, I personally can't worry about it any more.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KBL Ed

Post by KBL Ed »

Thanks for the reports.
newpylong1 wrote: Mar 21st, '22, 11:57 KBL is the OG but Bear will be a good send off too.
Is Bear next? Are there plans for that?

EDIT: I just saw the Facebook video. I've been in KBL when it was WAY more crowded than that!