Re: Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

Post by deadheadskier »

throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 22nd, '22, 11:46 https://youtu.be/7NrAPr8QFn0

Wow.
Wow what? Is this the best you got? Pathetic.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

If you don't think those takes are both embarrassing and a troubling look into the mindset of a damn lunatic on 1/7, well then you aren't very bright.

There's still time to save some face and admit you were wrong about Trump and that he has no place in politics. You don't have to continue to dig in your heels and look like a moron little buddy. You really don't.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I really don't understand this ride or die with Trump thing. Any idiot who's being honest can see that Trump has been a disaster. Just dump him and go for DeSantis, who basically touts the same paltform but has less baggage and a lot more experience in politics. Is it really just that people are too proud to admit they were wrong?
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

Joe Biden...making Trump look better every DAY!
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 22nd, '22, 13:26 I really don't understand this ride or die with Trump thing. Any idiot who's being honest can see that Trump has been a disaster. Just dump him and go for DeSantis, who basically touts the same paltform but has less baggage and a lot more experience in politics. Is it really just that people are too proud to admit they were wrong?
Those who still support Trump are cultists

Even willing to commit crimes and face potential jail time in support of him

https://www.reuters.com/legal/governmen ... 022-07-22/

How anyone can still carry water still for Donny is beyond me. Only a true anti-democracy scumbag would or a totally gullible idiot
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

The Murdoch family starts to move away. Can the Wall Street Journal and Fox News be far behind?
NY Post Editorial.

Trump’s silence on Jan. 6 is damning

https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/trumps-ja ... eelection/

As his followers stormed the Capitol, calling for his vice president to be hanged, President Donald Trump sat in his private dining room, watching TV, doing nothing.

For three hours, seven minutes.

There has been much debate over whether Trump’s rally speech on Jan. 6, 2021, constituted “incitement.” That’s somewhat of a red herring. What matters more — and has become crystal clear in recent days — is that Trump didn’t lift a finger to stop the violence that followed.

And he was the only person who could stop what was happening. He was the only one the crowd was listening to. It was incitement by silence.

Trump only wanted one thing during that infamous afternoon: to pressure Vice President Mike Pence to decertify the election of Joe Biden.

He thought the violence of his loyal followers would make Pence crack, or delay the vote altogether.

To his eternal shame, as appalled aides implored him to publicly call on his followers to go home, he instead further fanned the flames by tweeting: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution.”

His only focus was to find any means — damn the consequences — to block the peaceful transfer of power.

There is no other explanation, just as there is no defense, for his refusal to stop the violence.

It’s up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime. But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Heywood jablowmee wrote: Jul 22nd, '22, 13:40 Joe Biden...making Trump look better every DAY!
I understand that you're making a joke, but I hear a lot of people express this view and I really don't understand where you're coming from. Trump tried to overturn a lawful election and prompted a riot at the U.S. Capitol. That's a violation of his oath of office and tantamount to treason. I don't see what Biden has done that remotely compares to that.

As for the economy, Trump inherited a great economy, but his term ended in disaster with Covid. That mostly wasn't his fault, and it's mostly not Biden's fault that he inherited a troubled economy. If you want to look at what they actually did, both Presidents signed enormous spending bills that contributed to the present inflation, both presidents appointed the same Fed chair who is dealing with it, and Biden has so far kept Trump's China tariffs in place. So when it comes to actual policy decisions, how are they different?
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Donald Trump...making Biden look competent every DAY!
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Unlike most of you, real patriots saw how Trump was unfairly treated by the deep state for four years.

Then to have election laws thrown out the window yielding the win to a feable dimwit like Sleepy.

Two tiered justice system where only people like Bannon are charged but people like Comey and Clapper face no charges?

The message: succumb to the corrupt deep state swamp or be osterachized.

Trump was right to be pissed on Jan 6.

And to base your opinions on the kangaroo court hearings shows that you only believe in justice if it supports your political beliefs. What does that say about you????

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jul 25th, '22, 09:04 Unlike most of you, real patriots saw how Trump was unfairly treated by the deep state for four years.
This is some real crybaby bullsh!t. Trump was President. He was in charge of the agencies that made up the "deep state." If he was unable to get them under control, that speaks to his incompetence. It's like a kid who blames the teacher for being unfair because he didn't study and got a failing grade. Weak excuse from a weak President.

throbster wrote: Jul 25th, '22, 09:04 And to base your opinions on the kangaroo court hearings shows that you only believe in justice if it supports your political beliefs. What does that say about you????
It's not just based on the hearings. It's based on what many of the people who worked for Trump have said. For example, his own AG said there was no election fraud, and his own VP refused to go along with Trump's plan to refuse to certify the election. Then there's all the recounts, including the GOP-led ones, none of which have found evidence of fraud sufficient to affect the outcome of the election. Then there's the Republicans in Georgia that have gone on record about what Trump tried to do there, along with the recording of his telephone call. Then there's all the court cases Trump lost, some of which were before judges he appointed.

Even if there were no Jan 6 hearings, there's ample evidence of Trump's attempt to overthrow a legitimate election. That you don't see that shows that you only hear the facts that support your political beliefs and ignore anything that contradicts them. That you think Trump was justified on January 6 shows an incredible level of gullibility on your part. Not very many people believe that anymore, and those that do aren't basing their beliefs on facts.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 22nd, '22, 14:59
easyrider16 wrote: Jul 22nd, '22, 13:26 I really don't understand this ride or die with Trump thing. Any idiot who's being honest can see that Trump has been a disaster. Just dump him and go for DeSantis, who basically touts the same paltform but has less baggage and a lot more experience in politics. Is it really just that people are too proud to admit they were wrong?
Those who still support Trump are cultists

Even willing to commit crimes and face potential jail time in support of him

https://www.reuters.com/legal/governmen ... 022-07-22/

How anyone can still carry water still for Donny is beyond me. Only a true anti-democracy scumbag would or a totally gullible idiot
Is this you bruh?

https://twitter.com/Sunshinegirl754/sta ... Dh9PA&s=19

- Simon and Garfunkel
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jul 25th, '22, 09:30 Is this you bruh?

https://twitter.com/Sunshinegirl754/sta ... Dh9PA&s=19
Interestingly, the twitter user who posted this has "ultra MAGA" in her bio, but also, "Vaccine Virgin" so apparently she doesn't trust the vaccines that were developed under Trump's watch and that he took credit for. Typical contradictory views of the idiocracy that makes up the MAGA crowd.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

be careful what you wish for... desantis would actually be successful in having the trains run on time in our fascist future. trump is too unstable to be as successful as desantis.