New lodge update

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Low Rider
Black Carver

Re: New lodge update

Post by Low Rider »

throbster wrote: Nov 27th, '22, 07:26 The burger is premium grass fed beef.

30% off food if you have a 365 pass.
Did they up the discount to 30% for 25% (as listed on the website?). I’ve always known my regular season pass to get 15% off… any idea if they upped that too?

Either way assuming the 15% off for me that would evidently make the hot dog $14.45. I mean how premium can a hot dog be?
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I'm not defending a very expensive hot dog but a meal at McDonald's is pushing $10 so I think it's perspective. Again it's still a hot dog...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

^ it's not just a hot dog. those oscar mayer things from the store have far more pig snout and other scraps included and they're tiny. a decent hot dog has more actual pork meat and are at least larger. typically, you don't get to have a hot dog looking out at a nice mountainscape either, so there's a premium there as well. **this message brought to you buy the pork producers association of america** :lol:
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

So it’s a “grass fed” hot dog?
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

I saw the cook in the kitchen out back getting ready to grill one of these hot dogs. You really get a lot for your money...
hotdog.JPG
hotdog.JPG (76.05 KiB) Viewed 852 times
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

How much is a hot dog now in NYC? Somebody should start HD cart at the K.

Charge $5 a dog. Faster than waiting for the chicken cart.
Where is Happy Hour ?
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

rogman wrote: Nov 27th, '22, 07:16 Kzone is hardly their target demographic. It’s the well off vacationer that skis/rides for a week each year and is willing to drop a few grand in the effort. They want a premium experience, and top shelf lodges are an essential part. I’m fine with that, because I get to use the what they are paying for, lifts, lodges, snow making, and that all important, etc. . They’d go broke catering to the 100 day crowd. Our job is to maintain the illusion that we are what they’d like to be if they could just get off their corporate hamster wheel. Just doing my part…
They probably need all demographics to really be successful. They certainly need the one week a year vacationer, they need the 100 day-ers, the "purchased 7 K Tickets" group and the less than 100-day season pass holders.

Personally, as a 35-ish day-er, I typically would buy lunch a handful of those days - but not at $17 for a hot dog. As Moose alluded to, perhaps Rams / Bear etc will still have the more normal overpriced version of resort food options (instead of the super-overpriced versions).

Will be interesting to see if it works long term - I always assumed the peak was always so crowded because it is the peak lodge with the view etc (and not because the food was significantly more "premium") - but I could be totally wrong on that.
Don't Killington Pico
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Well the food at the Peak is definitely better than anything offered in the other lodges, but you pay for it. Now they have 2 options like that so in theory it should spread out that crowd. Or just bring in more revenue.

I'm sure K1 will be crowded this year as its the new shiny toy.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Ordered a coffee and kahlua and a hot chocolate and bailey's at the lodge this past weekend and was a bit surprised to see the bill amount to $29. I expect to pay $10-12 each for that kind of drink but $15 each? Seems like gouging. I won't be ordering any more drinks from the Peak Lodge any time soon.

But hey, if people will pay these exorbitant prices, Killington will keep charging them, and why shouldn't they? Until more of us say, nope, that's too much, I'll keep my money, prices will keep going up.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

RustyK wrote: Nov 28th, '22, 07:13 How much is a hot dog now in NYC? Somebody should start HD cart at the K.

Charge $5 a dog. Faster than waiting for the chicken cart.
Yeah !
Nathan's Joey Chestnut would own the podium here 8)

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

For the first time I bought Peak food (the burger and 2 of said hot dogs) for my kids and I while hiking in October. It wasn't worth what they charged but all in all, it's the best food I've had on mountain.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

The food at Stowe's Spruce Camp Lodge is pretty damn good. Its also pretty expensive. It ain't cheap going out to a restaurant either. Several Beers and a pizza at my favorite brewery was $70 before tip the other day.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Correction: 25% off food and non-alcoholic beverages for 365 pass holders.

Prices are up everywhere, not just Killington. Elections have consequences.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Scotchvalley
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Scotchvalley »

Seriously, you had to add your political comment?
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

I think the food quality at the peak is on par with many of the access road establishments. With my pass discount, a burger and fries came to 18 dollars at the peak last week. Yesterday I had a burger at the lookout; it was 16 dollars, not including gratuity.

It would be nice to see a kid's menu at the premium parts of the mountain, like at prestons:

https://cms.killington.com/sites/killin ... 010622.pdf

Then maybe I would be more inclined to buy a few overpriced beers or bloody marys. (on a side note i had a bloody mary at the peak last year and i t was like a meal)