The New K1 Schlepp

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: The New K1 Schlepp

Post by Captain Hafski »

Get over it. It is no different than it was.

Suggest proper waxing !!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

KingsFourMan wrote: Dec 13th, '22, 11:34
newpylong1 wrote: Dec 13th, '22, 11:04 Down Snowshed and under the tunnel for me.
The schlepp is worse than the K1 schlepp
Talk about uphill in both directions.

The snow bridge will definitely be the feature of the village that I will appreciate most.
Especially combined with a bubble six at RH, navigating the resort would take on a whole new feel.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

First runs at Superstar today - both runs of the year …. the schlepp both ways sux🤓
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Seems to be slightly less elevation gain going from the SS chair to the lodge . . Still a slog.

It''s made a little easier if you are sure to cut tight at the NW corner and then tight again behind the small group of racks directly under the K1 line right next to fence post . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I am super disappointed that they couldn't grade so that it is downhill in both directions. Piss poor planning!
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
GlenPLake
Green Skidder

Post by GlenPLake »

throbster wrote: Dec 15th, '22, 08:37 I am super disappointed that they couldn't grade so that it is downhill in both directions. Piss poor planning!
I agree 100%, I was told at our HOA meeting that ‘the schlepp’ is one of the most mentioned complaints about Killington in their all important surveys. I certainly hope they address this next summer.
winter
Blue Chatterbox

Post by winter »

It's skiing not knitting. A physical activity, no?

Learn to skate. Walk the distance.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

GlenPLake wrote: Dec 15th, '22, 17:31
throbster wrote: Dec 15th, '22, 08:37 I am super disappointed that they couldn't grade so that it is downhill in both directions. Piss poor planning!
I agree 100%, I was told at our HOA meeting that ‘the schlepp’ is one of the most mentioned complaints about Killington in their all important surveys. I certainly hope they address this next summer.
I believe you didn't catch the pun. Downhill in both directions? Lol.
GlenPLake
Green Skidder

Post by GlenPLake »

Downhill in both directions could be possible with enough grading, that’s unlikely, but there is still room for improvement both ways from what I’m hearing.

And I generally straight line the bottom section of Preston’s and jump that silly little fence they put at the exit, so no trouble for me, I have plenty of speed, usually no skating needed. :seeya

The real issue is when folks are trying to get from bittersweet to the K-1, folks that should not be going fast, sometimes are, and some are heading down to the SS quad, so it makes for possible high speed collisions.
heiusa
Blue Chatterbox

Post by heiusa »

To me the real problem is that there is traffic in both directions [Skiers either speeding or skating] plus other people leaving their skis on the ground and other people walking in all directions. I am really disappointed that the new lodge wasn't set father back. I think there needs to be some "traffic control" to indicate where it is safe to go from SS to K1 and visa versa. I wouldn't mind a surface lift like the have at Alta to make that safer.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

GlenPLake wrote: Dec 15th, '22, 18:49 Downhill in both directions could be possible with enough grading, that’s unlikely, but there is still room for improvement both ways from what I’m hearing.

And I generally straight line the bottom section of Preston’s and jump that silly little fence they put at the exit, so no trouble for me, I have plenty of speed, usually no skating needed. :seeya

The real issue is when folks are trying to get from bittersweet to the K-1, folks that should not be going fast, sometimes are, and some are heading down to the SS quad, so it makes for possible high speed collisions.
Pre Irene, someone like you, ran under a rope at bottom of SS as we were coming off Ovation, and slamed their pole into my face - was not a pretty look for a several weeks - still skied with cover🤓
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

As far as both directions goes, heading to Superstar doesn't require having to go around the lodge at all. Highline and the runout are farther uphill. In the other direction, a TON of traffic all has to go directly around the lodge.

When it is firm and fast, skating around the lodge is pretty easy. When it is soft, I'm not sure I would call it skating.

It's schlepping.

Is the schlepp a "big deal"? Of course not. But neither is anything else we talk about on here.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Did "The Schlepp" today and followed it with a Sip O' Sunshine in the new lodge :D :D

"Great experience" "Highly Recommended" "Five Stars"
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

today "the schlepp" sucked big time in the soft snow. it is what it is. thinking we're pretty close to final configuration. not sure they did much if anything but there really isn't much to do other than running a tow across which is really not practical.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

Easy fix, make snow on Ovation and open it.