Why No Powdr Pass?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Low Rider
Black Carver

Why No Powdr Pass?

Post by Low Rider »

Was just mapping out a power western weekend trip in March.

It's really shitty that the Killington pass does not get benefits at the other Powdr owned mountains.

As best I can tell, every other ski corporation makes their passes available at all of the resorts in their portfolio (And most at a lower price than the Killington season pass). So lame of Powdr corp and not very beastly at all.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Re: Why No Powdr Pass?

Post by snoloco »

There's already the Beast 365 Pass which includes Ikon. That gets you pretty much the same thing.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

:beat :beat :beat :beat :beat
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Correct, at an up charge of appx $500, which is not significantly different from buying a killington pass and also an ikon base pass.

For how high the price of a Killington pass is, they could give us access to Copper, Eldora and snowbird.
iRock
Bumper

Post by iRock »

First, POWDR properties are all pretty spread out. Any multi-mountain aspect would go pretty much unused (save for a very select few Denverites who would visit both Copper and Eldora).

Second, go to Snowbird or Copper today. They are already MOBBED by Ikoners which Powdr is making money off of for every scan. Why would they further flood these resorts with reciprocal benefit passes that aren't making any money?

Third, I might have a dime if I had a penny for every person who said "I won't be a Killington season passholder because it doesn't include Copper/Snowbird/Bachelor".
trees, steeps, and yan lifts
that's why I ski DA BEAST
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

iRock wrote: Feb 27th, '23, 23:42 Third, I might have a dime if I had a penny for every person who said "I won't be a Killington season passholder because it doesn't include Copper/Snowbird/Bachelor".
You might have quite a bit more though for every current killington pass holder who will not choose to buy a day ticket at another Powdr property.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Low Rider wrote: Feb 28th, '23, 04:32
iRock wrote: Feb 27th, '23, 23:42 Third, I might have a dime if I had a penny for every person who said "I won't be a Killington season passholder because it doesn't include Copper/Snowbird/Bachelor".
You might have quite a bit more though for every current killington pass holder who will not choose to buy a day ticket at another Powdr property.
This is exactly why I dont go to Powdr resorts when I go out west. If they even offered us at least half off I would more than likely go. They dont so they lose out on my lodging and my F&B spending. For what we pay for a K pass its the least they could do.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

BoozeTan wrote: Feb 28th, '23, 08:39
Low Rider wrote: Feb 28th, '23, 04:32
This is exactly why I dont go to Powdr resorts when I go out west. If they even offered us at least half off I would more than likely go. They dont so they lose out on my lodging and my F&B spending. For what we pay for a K pass its the least they could do.
Agree - looking like a quick Utah trip. 100% not going to Snowbird (or would not do Copper if i were hitting Colorado) out of protest.

Looking like a couple of days at Powder Mountain .. either that or a Brighton day and an Alta day.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Weird that Powder doesn't offer any reciprocal benefits, but then again they are an ikon partner so IDK.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Since getting the Beast Pass, this has become less of an issue for me. I'll use the summer activities, and take a trip out west, so there's value in that for me. For those that just get a K pass, the discount at other Powdr resorts is insulting. Spent 5 days skiing at Schweitzer this month...their rfid scanners were down and never got us once. 5 free days (not that I'll be back this season).

https://vimeo.com/803146646
Last edited by Stormchaser on Feb 28th, '23, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Stormchaser wrote: Feb 28th, '23, 11:17 Since getting the Beast Pass, this has become less of an issue for me. I'll use the summer activities, and take a trip out west, so there's value in that for me. For those that just get a K pass, the discount at other Powdr resorts is insulting. Spent 5 days skiing at Schweitzer this month...their rfid scanners were down and never got us once. 5 free days (not that I'll be back this season).
From what I can tell, the discount benefit at other Powdr resorts does not even exist at all anymore for us lowly regular season pass holders.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Low Rider wrote: Feb 28th, '23, 11:34
Stormchaser wrote: Feb 28th, '23, 11:17 Since getting the Beast Pass, this has become less of an issue for me. I'll use the summer activities, and take a trip out west, so there's value in that for me. For those that just get a K pass, the discount at other Powdr resorts is insulting. Spent 5 days skiing at Schweitzer this month...their rfid scanners were down and never got us once. 5 free days (not that I'll be back this season).
From what I can tell, the discount benefit at other Powdr resorts does not even exist at all anymore for us lowly regular season pass holders.
this is true..no reciprocity at POWDR resorts for regular K pas s holders....total bull sh*t.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

The upcharge between the full pass and the 365 is even greater for seniors than for adults. If you don't mountain bike or golf it makes no sense. There are lots of better options for those heading to the Rockies than paying the 365 upcharge to get a base Ikon.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Jackson Alta and some other resort is not part of the Beast pass.

We bought an IKON and passed on the beast pass this year.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

The funny thing is that it literally would not cost Powdr anything to let killington pass holders to ride the lifts at Copper and Snowbird - and we are talking about a pretty small number of people who would utilize it at any one time so there would likely be zero impact on crowding.

They would pick up food and beverage sales / lodging etc and create goodwill among the killington pass holders.

Even if they didn’t make it unlimited - like a few days at copper and snowbird would be a nice gesture (Boyne does this for Loaf/River pass holders at Brighton / Big Sky - and then they get a 50% discount after that)

It’s pretty weird that they don’t.
Don't Killington Pico