friday 11/3 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

friday 11/3 report

Post by skiadikt »

welcome to the ski season. what's it been 155 days ...

wanted to avoid the early morning stampede so pulled into the lot just after 11. shoehorned my car in somewhere. by the time i hit the snow the crowd had thinned out a bit, though you still had to pick your spots. the lift was practically ski on. rime was skied off and reason had just taken a delivery of chunkey monk. best of all, after a gray rainy october, the bluebirds were flying.

great job by mtn opps for getting it done and the donation was a really nice touch. we all have enough t-shirts and hats. the free lunch is always appreciated. can't speak for other areas but hard to imagine any other resort treating their passholders better.

not skiing this weekend and might just wait until we can ski down to the NR. hate the stairs down.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: friday 11/3 report

Post by MrsG »

Early conditions were good, but you could tell the surface would get skied off quickly! Thanks Mike, and your whole crew for getting the mountain ready for your passholders and customers tomorrow! The crew putting lunch together were on spot, and, of course Katie and Matt at the Peak bar were great! Thanks Killington for a great Day 1 - agree with skiadkt - the donation to a charity was a special offering🎿🤗🏂
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Another stellar opening. Kudos to mountain ops for getting it done. Good crowd at the K1 corral, half full at 9:20, up the stairs by the time they started loading at 10:00.

The inch of snow or so made the hike down a bit sketchy in ski boots. Regretted going straight down downdraft in lieu of the stairs past the Peak Lodge. They’ve obviously added another 50 or 60 steps to the trek, and I’m not happy with my skis getting 20 lbs heavier over the summer either. I’m looking into hiring a ski valet. It’s sort of an unpaid internship actually.

Skiing was pretty good. Must have been, by the time I left half of the eastern US was there. Not surprising, Killington is the only game south of the Canadian border. The bottom half of Rime was rush hour traffic. I wish they’d go for GN instead. Every year they struggle with Upper East Fall early. But it was skiing, with good coverage. I shouldn’t complain. Consider it an “observation”.

Rime was lined with HKD phazors. There were only a few K3000, mostly near the bottom. I’d be curious to hear if they were happy with the results. I’m sure the trees appreciated it; far less spill.

Lunch was great. Killington does treat their passholders well. Well, it’s started; Lather, rinse, repeat x 100.

Local coverage:https://www.wcax.com/2023/11/03/ski-sea ... illington/
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

At least i did get to catch the very first skiers on rime this morning. from my desk. :(
Looked like a blast, reports were great!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Lightest first day crowd I've ever seen. Coral was not even full at 9:45. Rumor was due to the lack of "free' swag.

Always great to see all the winter people in line and on the 1&1/2 runs. Lunch at the peak was good as well as the free hot dog at the bottom of the chair. Price went up for beer i guesss. Borgy got a Fiddlehead for $16.75 plus tip. Concert prices now.

14 runs and a great time. Bay one after was also a nice addition.
Where is Happy Hour ?