$16+ for a beer?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RENO
Whipping Post

Re: $16+ for a beer?

Post by RENO »

I've seen a few people over the years who actually were skiing with bottles in their jacket. I remember one was pretty plastered and I swear he had probably a six pack in his jacket. LOL! Idiot...
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

newpylong1 wrote: Nov 9th, '23, 13:33 Those prices make the fact that I very rarely drink (and never while skiing) even easier of a choice lol.

Used to complain about $6 Bud Lights at Fenway!
Bud Light sucks at any price. Not political - I just prefer beer over carbonated water.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

It's nuts. Opening day I asked my buddy to get me a water at the Subie Shack as I was parched. They weren't selling water so he got me a fiddlehead. 16.75. I'll be packing beers this year. It quenched my thirst though. 😀
1918 lives
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

newpylong1 wrote: Nov 9th, '23, 13:33 Those prices make the fact that I very rarely drink (and never while skiing) even easier of a choice lol.

that's an important point. i'd never consider having a drink during a longish bike ride for instance, balance demands and penalties for fkng that up too severe. skiing even more so. maybe because i've always considered skiing a sport and not some haphazard recreation. always ruined my enjoyment being impaired. don't care what anyone else does, i can dodge them :lol:
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Rocked a wine skin throughout the 80s , what happens on the gondi stays on the gondi
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

I was in the Northridge triple early season when we were on the stairs. We were riding singles because of how long the line was. Two young guys, snowboarders, about 16 or 17 got on the chair with me. I was probably 50 at the time so to them I was like grandmother age. One guy says he has two bottles of wine in his back pack and a winged cork screw but he does not know how to use it and could I help him. He was serious. He had probably taken them from his parents. So then he asked me for advice on which to open. A white or a Chardonnay. I told him definitely the Chardonnay since it would be be stronger. He handed me the bottle and the cork screw, asks me to open it, and tells to have some if I want. I don’t usually drink skiing. But I definitely took a good long swig just for the shock value. I guess they must have been running the chair slow since that all happened in one lift ride. I just kept thinking how crazy it is to snowboard with two full size glass wine bottles especially when you have no idea how to use a corkscrew. Lol
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

A white or a Chardonnay? 😂😂
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

newpylong1 wrote: Nov 8th, '23, 15:05 What's crazy is people pay it.
And then feel obliged to leave a $3 tip!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

We are talking about a place where they charge people $49 to use the fast gas-pass lane (sometimes known as the singles line) on a weekday. What did you expect a Fiddlehead to cost?
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Skivt2 wrote: Nov 9th, '23, 22:17 I was in the Northridge triple early season when we were on the stairs. We were riding singles because of how long the line was. Two young guys, snowboarders, about 16 or 17 got on the chair with me. I was probably 50 at the time so to them I was like grandmother age. One guy says he has two bottles of wine in his back pack and a winged cork screw but he does not know how to use it and could I help him. He was serious. He had probably taken them from his parents. So then he asked me for advice on which to open. A white or a Chardonnay. I told him definitely the Chardonnay since it would be be stronger. He handed me the bottle and the cork screw, asks me to open it, and tells to have some if I want. I don’t usually drink skiing. But I definitely took a good long swig just for the shock value. I guess they must have been running the chair slow since that all happened in one lift ride. I just kept thinking how crazy it is to snowboard with two full size glass wine bottles especially when you have no idea how to use a corkscrew. Lol
Did the bottle get finished by the time you arrived at the top?
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

twilkas wrote: Nov 9th, '23, 18:13

that's an important point. i'd never consider having a drink during a longish bike ride for instance, balance demands and penalties for fkng that up too severe. skiing even more so. maybe because i've always considered skiing a sport and not some haphazard recreation. always ruined my enjoyment being impaired. don't care what anyone else does, i can dodge them :lol:
Yeah I pretty much always save my beers for Apres Ski.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

The K 1 bar became more than a ski lodge last year it became a destination , one Saturday last season there were two separate bachelorette parties and half the people there are in street clothes not ski clothes
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

RENO wrote: Nov 10th, '23, 13:53
Skivt2 wrote: Nov 9th, '23, 22:17 I was in the Northridge triple early season when we were on the stairs. We were riding singles because of how long the line was. Two young guys, snowboarders, about 16 or 17 got on the chair with me. I was probably 50 at the time so to them I was like grandmother age. One guy says he has two bottles of wine in his back pack and a winged cork screw but he does not know how to use it and could I help him. He was serious. He had probably taken them from his parents. So then he asked me for advice on which to open. A white or a Chardonnay. I told him definitely the Chardonnay since it would be be stronger. He handed me the bottle and the cork screw, asks me to open it, and tells to have some if I want. I don’t usually drink skiing. But I definitely took a good long swig just for the shock value. I guess they must have been running the chair slow since that all happened in one lift ride. I just kept thinking how crazy it is to snowboard with two full size glass wine bottles especially when you have no idea how to use a corkscrew. Lol
Did the bottle get finished by the time you arrived at the top?
Both the chardonnay and the white got finished by the time they reached the top!
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

Bayfive wrote: Nov 9th, '23, 19:15 Rocked a wine skin throughout the 80s , what happens on the gondi stays on the gondi
Guilty! :lol: Late 70's, i was a kid! how that ever became a 'thing' i have no idea.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

daytripper wrote: Nov 9th, '23, 10:34
Low Rider wrote: Nov 9th, '23, 09:49
daytripper wrote: Nov 9th, '23, 08:47 People still use cash?
I prefer cash for small purchases. Don’t like having all sorts of small charges on my card statement to review. Cash is king.

I actually find it super annoying that the resort has gone cashless.
Get used to it, cash is not king anymore. I don't really understand what's wrong with small charges on your card but that's going to be more and more common in the future.
Maybe it seems old fashioned, but I always review my credit card statements each mont for potentially fraudulent charges. That’s not hard to do of I only make a handful of larger purchases, but becomes more difficult to remember each one when there are pages of little purchases - some of which are hard to remember.

I also always use cash to get the discount price on gas.

Plus - I don’t exactly love the idea that “big brother” can use the data to analyze my every purchase.