Expansion

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: Expansion

Post by Captain Hafski »

skiadikt wrote: Dec 5th, '23, 14:01 thought it was a pretty good effort. lots in snowshed both on the main trail and that lower carpet? highline, LEF, upper mouse (perhaps to build a new park) and the upper mixing bowl. since they closed the canyon runs around 11am and the snowmakers had wired the runout, suspect they were gonna fire that up though didn't actually see it, but there was no other reason to close those runs. didn't observe anything on bitter. maybe highlander. also had wired that learn-to-ski at the top of the road.

in any case, this all augurs for a great weekend w supe & snowshed coming on-line in addition to highline & LEF.
I heard the mid-day Canyon closing yesterday [Tuesday] was due to some sort of pipe blowout? Not sure if that's correct or not.

Can verify guns were on Highline, Snowshed, LEF, Upper Mixing Bowl [I like that term BTW! - Not to be confused with the original one below Mouse Trap], and the carpets.

Cannot verify any guns on Bitter. I didn't see them going up there.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 6th, '23, 10:55
skiadikt wrote: Dec 5th, '23, 14:01 thought it was a pretty good effort. lots in snowshed both on the main trail and that lower carpet? highline, LEF, upper mouse (perhaps to build a new park) and the upper mixing bowl. since they closed the canyon runs around 11am and the snowmakers had wired the runout, suspect they were gonna fire that up though didn't actually see it, but there was no other reason to close those runs. didn't observe anything on bitter. maybe highlander. also had wired that learn-to-ski at the top of the road.

in any case, this all augurs for a great weekend w supe & snowshed coming on-line in addition to highline & LEF.
I heard the mid-day Canyon closing yesterday [Tuesday] was due to some sort of pipe blowout? Not sure if that's correct or not.

Can verify guns were on Highline, Snowshed, LEF, Upper Mixing Bowl [I like that term BTW! - Not to be confused with the original one below Mouse Trap], and the carpets.

Cannot verify any guns on Bitter. I didn't see them going up there.
yeah heard there was a blowout. guns running this morning. canyon was still closed. pretty difficult to ski through those guns on the runout.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

If there was, at least it was a far easier place to access than the previous ones!
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

We are holding at a steady 50% of the open terrain of the resort with the most open in New England.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Snowmaking got awfully quiet all of a sudden, Snowshed, LEF and Highline all shutdown. That doesn't bode well. 18 degrees at K-1.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Did they get curtailed at 18 degrees? It used to be it needed to be about 0 before that happened.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Curtailment is about load vs generation, not temperature, although the two can be related.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 6th, '23, 16:45 Curtailment is about load vs generation, not temperature, although the two can be related.
It's also about price per kwh for the load above the resort's base load, ie at what price do they decide to self-curtail.

https://www.iso-ne.com/isoexpress/web/charts
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

in the expansion department, superstar & skye lark open at noon tomorrow. highline opens ungroomed.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Still shutdown, man this is some prime time to miss again whatever the reason (I've heard zilch).
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

newpylong1 wrote: Dec 6th, '23, 20:30 Still shutdown, man this is some prime time to miss again whatever the reason (I've heard zilch).
If there is truly no snowmaking happening right now, that is pretty disheartening to hear. After a very disappointing early season rollout too.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

I don't think they've gotten through a good snowmaking window without either curtailments, pipe blowouts, or other unforced errors. Everyone else is going full tilt now, and Killington just lags behind. If it weren't for Superstar, then Highline would've been the only new trail open this weekend, assuming it doesn't get closed for racing.
winter
Blue Chatterbox

Post by winter »

System back on now.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Low Rider wrote: Dec 6th, '23, 21:09
newpylong1 wrote: Dec 6th, '23, 20:30 Still shutdown, man this is some prime time to miss again whatever the reason (I've heard zilch).
If there is truly no snowmaking happening right now, that is pretty disheartening to hear. After a very disappointing early season rollout too.
Snowmakers go on strike?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Eddytheyetti
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Eddytheyetti »

Maybe too many of them lost their passes for poaching and walked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk