Grand Summit dinning

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

jenscats5 wrote:I had pizza today with BBQ sauce & chicken on it.....

[sorry Bubba I had to post that just to be contrary.... :lol: ]
Sorry Jenscats5 but that sounds as bad as putting ketchup on pasta. My favorite pizza is called Nonna's pizza and it is shaped like a Sicilian pizza but it has a very thin crust with lots of fresh tomato sauce and fresh basil with just a hint of cheese on it. mmm ...... good
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

tyrolean_skier wrote:

Sorry Jenscats5 but that sounds as bad as putting ketchup on pasta. My favorite pizza is called Nonna's pizza and it is shaped like a Sicilian pizza but it has a very thin crust with lots of fresh tomato sauce and fresh basil with just a hint of cheese on it. mmm ...... good
It's actually very good.....The Outback makes one -- I love it!

But Bubba & I were jokingly arguing about whether pizza can be called pizza with BBQ sauce & chicken....it was funny....so I just had to post it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

No...you posted that just to be disgusting. :twisted:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

Bubba wrote:

No...you posted that just to be disgusting. :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't resist..... :twisted:
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Garlic and mushrooms, my favorite.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

Geoff wrote:
Stormin_Aussie wrote: hmmm, Countryman's Pleasure.... Boy, I remember going there with a very nice gentleman a while back... oh... he's an old married man now! :D :D :D

Forgot about the Tapas at The Garlic, yummie!!!!

Stomach growling right now! Hey Geoff, when you leaving for Nawlins? Wish I was going! :D
Just because I'm married doesn't mean I can't go out to dinner with the Stormin' Aussie. 8)

We're headed out to Nawlins on the Friday morning nonstop. I already made dinner reservations at Bayona on Friday & Peristyle on Saturday. The Omni in the French Quarter upgraded me to a suite. I guess I should take a glance at who is playing at the Jazz clubs.
Have a great time! Glad you told me to join theOmni club last year, still have a free upgrade to use by October... Believe there is a Louis Armstrong festival in August, may try to make it, the heat doesn't scare me away!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

andyzee wrote:Garlic and mushrooms, my favorite.
Garlic and Bacon goes well with a couple drafts after a day on the hill!
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Have you noticed my gut, I'll stick with the mushrooms, thankyou.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

andyzee wrote:Have you noticed my gut, I'll stick with the mushrooms, thankyou.
Hey,it's obvious that poor V would love you no matter! She is a SAINT I tell ya! :lol:
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Atomic1 wrote:
andyzee wrote:Have you noticed my gut, I'll stick with the mushrooms, thankyou.
Hey,it's obvious that poor V would love you no matter! She is a SAINT I tell ya! :lol:
No argument here :lol:

Andyzone.com
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

Mister Moose wrote:On a 1 to 10 scale, where KBL is 1, Charities is 5 and Choices is 10, I'd give Echo Lake at least an 8, on par with Corner's.
You think Choices is better than Corners? That's crazy talk.

Anyway, I heard excellent things about Cafe Toast, but I could not make it there this year. Surely, at least one of the locals has tried it out by now?
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

KBL Ed wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:On a 1 to 10 scale, where KBL is 1, Charities is 5 and Choices is 10, I'd give Echo Lake at least an 8, on par with Corner's.

Anyway, I heard excellent things about Cafe Toast, but I could not make it there this year. Surely, at least one of the locals has tried it out by now?
Chef Claude use to work at Corners Inn years back... both chef's are very good, they are similiar and different at the same time. Chef Claude puts out a consistently good product to the masses of Killington skiers... Chef Brad gets a different crowd, I believe a crowd that appreciates an even more fine dining experience than what Choices offers. I believe if there was a cook-off, they would do equally well.

As far as Cafe Toast goes, I know the owner is a very good cook, I have had dinner at her home quite a few times. I am not sure that she went to culinary school. Toast was only crowded on weekends when the over flow at Choices didn't feel like waiting any longer. It was Cafe Toast's first year and I heard next year they will put more into their marketing efforts and offer better service. It is closed for the summer.

That's my take on it....
now...
HAVE A GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT DAY! :D :D :D
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

:P
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

KBL Ed wrote:

A lot depends on what night you happen to hit it, and what you order. I've eaten at Choices several times, Corners only once. I'm sure neither place is going to suffer on the basis of what a lowly moose has to say.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

if you ever stray to rutvegas, little harry's & three tomatoes are pretty good.
spoiled South American skiin' whore