Grand Summit dinning

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Grand Summit dinning

Post by Atomic1 »

How is the food at the OVATIONS restaurant over at the Killington Grand ?
Anyone eat there? Bubba must have! :lol:
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Grand Summit dinning

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:How is the food at the OVATIONS restaurant over at the Killington Grand ?
It's OK...nothing special.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:How is the food at the OVATIONS restaurant over at the Killington Grand ?
So what was good this past season?And do you think they will be there in the upcoming season?I'm getting ready because
I did the majority of my eating AT THE LANKA's this past season :lol:
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
So what was good this past season?And do you think they will be there in the upcoming season?I'm getting ready because
I did the majority of my eating AT THE LANKA's this past season :lol:
i'm sure they'd be happy to keep feeding you. :wink:

i too thought ovations was just ok. best on the access road is choices though it usually has a long wait after 6 or so.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I thought Ovations was OK when we ate there a few years ago. Nothing very impressive. I too prefer Choices. I've also had good food but pricey at Hemingway's and Birch Ridge Inn. Are you planning on renting or buying a share in the Grand Summit and that is why you want to know how Ovations is because you will be staying there?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

It's one of the many options I'm investigating.But you'll be seeing alot of me cause I like Tiramisu. :wink:
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Choices - on the access road
Birch Ridge Inn - on the access road

Hemingways - on Rt. 4 between access road and the Skye Ship (don't go there really hungry)

Corners - Bridgewater at Rt 4 & 100A

Red Clover - Mendon
Vermont Inn - Mendon

Downhill from there....

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

Bubba wrote:Choices - on the access road

Hemingways - on Rt. 4 between access road and the Skye Ship (don't go there really hungry)

Red Clover - Mendon
Vermont Inn - Mendon

Downhill from there....
I agree with Bubba, the only chef owned and operated on Killington Road is Choices... Great service too!
Forget Hemingways if you like to eat... portions are very, very small, but quality is very good!
A new place (German I believe) opened up across from the Cortina and I know a few folks that said it was very good.... Can't remember the name... Bubba, did you hear of it? Perhaps it is Helenis or something like that?

LookOut still has the best burger and fries on the mountain at a great price!

But I agree with Atomic, Ty is the best chef when she is in town! :D :D
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Red Clover - Mendon
Vermont Inn - Mendon

Downhill from there....
Sauerbraten mit Rotkohl und Spaetzle at Countryman's Pleasure in Mendon is pretty damned good

I also recommend getting wasted on martinis and eating tapas at The Garlic

Outback pizza is good if you like crispy thin crust in a wood-fired oven

I go to Choices 90% of the time since it's reliable.
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

Geoff wrote:

Red Clover - Mendon
Vermont Inn - Mendon

Downhill from there....
Sauerbraten mit Rotkohl und Spaetzle at Countryman's Pleasure in Mendon is pretty damned good

I also recommend getting wasted on martinis and eating tapas at The Garlic

Outback pizza is good if you like crispy thin crust in a wood-fired oven

I go to Choices 90% of the time since it's reliable.
hmmm, Countryman's Pleasure.... Boy, I remember going there with a very nice gentleman a while back... oh... he's an old married man now! :D :D :D

Forgot about the Tapas at The Garlic, yummie!!!!

Stomach growling right now! Hey Geoff, when you leaving for Nawlins? Wish I was going! :D
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Stormin, you're thinking of Heli's at the Mendon Mountainview Resort across from the Cortina. I didn't realize it was German. Now that's one less place to try. Not being a fan of German food, Heli's (assuming it's German) and Countryman's Pleasure are not on my must do list.

And you're right about the Lookout's burgers...had one last night. :D

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Who has the best Pizza? I mean REAL PIZZA like down here? Any one deliver :D
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

Atomic1 wrote:Who has the best Pizza? I mean REAL PIZZA like down here? Any one deliver :D
No, no real pizza, no real bread, no fresh wet mozzarella, no sundried tomatoes, no semolina bread, no "real" italian restaurants, no mom's cooking, no great italian desserts... I could go on and on... get the picture??? But we have mountains, fresh air, clean water, lots of space, and from what I hear good local beer!
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Bubba wrote:Stormin, you're thinking of Heli's at the Mendon Mountainview Resort across from the Cortina. I didn't realize it was German. Now that's one less place to try. Not being a fan of German food, Heli's (assuming it's German) and Countryman's Pleasure are not on my must do list.

And you're right about the Lookout's burgers...had one last night. :D

I stay at this Mendon Mountainview all the time, they are not Geman. These guys are either Czech or Slovak, sucks since all these countries split up. The food is pretty good as is the service, doesn't get crowded and not expensive..

If you don't mind a ride into Rutland, I highly recommend the Sirloing Saloon, never been disappointed in that place.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Stormin_Aussie wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Who has the best Pizza? I mean REAL PIZZA like down here? Any one deliver :D
No, no real pizza, no real bread, no fresh wet mozzarella, no sundried tomatoes, no semolina bread, no "real" italian restaurants, no mom's cooking, no great italian desserts... I could go on and on... get the picture??? But we have mountains, fresh air, clean water, lots of space, and from what I hear good local beer!
So there is a business opportunity there :idea: If only I could cook :oops: