Why Don't We Outsource the War?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Why Don't We Outsource the War?

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

According to Thomas Friendman of the NY Times:
A lot of these Indian young men and women have college degrees, but would never get a local job that starts at $200 to $300 a month were it not for the call centers.
If the Indians are willing to work for a $1.25 an hour, why not make a Army or two of them and put them in Iraq. That's big money to them! We'll get millions of them to sign up.

30 Little Turtles by Thomas L. Friendman, 2/29/2004 NY Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/29/opini ... &position=
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

sh*t and while we are at it, pay em, clothe em, feed em, and if they survive the 6 to 8 year enlistment, give em citizen ship. WTF, we are going to give it to the ILLEGALS FOR f*** FREE ain't we?

Plus, if we have them in the military and then make them citizens, they can't take our jobs. OH, I'm a hands on Service person. Someone in India can't take mine. Never mind.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:... WTF, we are going to give it to the ILLEGALS FOR f*** FREE ain't we?
Comprehension and retention of information isn't your strong suit, is it..... :roll:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:... WTF, we are going to give it to the ILLEGALS FOR f*** FREE ain't we?
Comprehension and retention of information isn't your strong suit, is it..... :roll:
splain please. We have laws that say illegals must go. NOPE, they stay. We have laws that prohibit some payouts such as social services to non residents, NOPE, they get it free because some 9th circuit court says you cannot withhold it. We have laws that say identity theft is a felony, but nope, they should be able to collect that money. So, what part of ILLEGAL and FREE am I missing here, vs. hiring a foriegn legion to do our fighting?

Shut up and Ski!

Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Am I the only one losing my mind with the question "Why has illegal immigration overtaken the quagmire of the Iraq war, $3 gas prices, domestic wiretaps, al Quaeda, Osama bin Laden, assorted scandals associated with elected government officials, et al?"

Did we get too many dishwashers, apple pickers, and landscapers in the last two months and some alarm went off?

Well, I think that the alarm was presidential approval ratings in the low 30's. Are we so sad and pathetic that we permit this distraction to take place?

If we were serious about immigration reform we would start with the corporations that benefit from their cheap labor AND benefit from Bush's tax breaks while the country's worker bees struggle to fill their gas tanks.

Call me crazy...I know you will...but it seems pretty freakin obvious.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:
Bubba wrote:
splain please. We have laws that say illegals must go. NOPE, they stay. We have laws that prohibit some payouts such as social services to non residents, NOPE, they get it free because some 9th circuit court says you cannot withhold it. We have laws that say identity theft is a felony, but nope, they should be able to collect that money. So, what part of ILLEGAL and FREE am I missing here, vs. hiring a foriegn legion to do our fighting?
Umm...let's see, since we covered this subject a week or two ago....

The majority of illegals are working. That's why they come here. If the majority were accepting handouts, the argument wouldn't be "they take jobs Americans don't want".

Being that they're working, they're paying income taxes and Social Security. If they're using fake SS numbers as some must be doing, then they're paying into the system without ever having a hope of taking out.

Many illegals have been here for years, own property, pay property taxes, send their kids to school (that they're paying for through their taxes) and generally live here quietly just like everyone else.

Many have kids that were born here and are, by definition, US citizens.

We covered this same subject a week or two ago but you apparently failed to learn from the discussion. Comprehension and retention, therefore, are not your strong suits. :lol:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

Cityskier wrote:"Why has illegal immigration overtaken the quagmire of the Iraq war, $3 gas prices, domestic wiretaps, al Quaeda, Osama bin Laden, assorted scandals associated with elected government officials, et al?"
Because the WMD (Weapons of Mass Distraction) are here. It's almost like we have a state-run media that instead of manipulating with lies, it just changes the discussion.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Cityskier wrote:Am I the only one losing my mind with the question "Why has illegal immigration overtaken the quagmire of the Iraq war, $3 gas prices, domestic wiretaps, al Quaeda, Osama bin Laden, assorted scandals associated with elected government officials, et al?"

Did we get too many dishwashers, apple pickers, and landscapers in the last two months and some alarm went off?

Well, I think that the alarm was presidential approval ratings in the low 30's. Are we so sad and pathetic that we permit this distraction to take place?

If we were serious about immigration reform we would start with the corporations that benefit from their cheap labor AND benefit from Bush's tax breaks while the country's worker bees struggle to fill their gas tanks.

Call me crazy...I know you will...but it seems pretty freakin obvious.
I agree...it's odd. The case you lay is the one I'd also suspect though
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

I note that many people often over look that illegal immigrants pay sales tax. Also, they pay additional tax when they fill up their gas tanks. The pay the toll to go thru the Baltimore Harbor tunnel (and every other toll that they happen to drive through. I am sure there are more examples. True, they do not pay income tax... BECAUSE WE WON'T LET THEM.

How do you buy property and pay tax without a SSN?
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

yeti wrote:I note that many people often over look that illegal immigrants pay sales tax. Also, they pay additional tax when they fill up their gas tanks. The pay the toll to go thru the Baltimore Harbor tunnel (and every other toll that they happen to drive through. I am sure there are more examples. True, they do not pay income tax... BECAUSE WE WON'T LET THEM.

But you fail to note that it is a crime to enter this country ILLEGALLY. They do get SSN's and pay SS Tax which they do not collect. BUT, to currentlly admit that, they will then be charged with a FELONY for falsifying Federal Documents. Why? Because they are ILLEGAL !

Shut up and Ski!

BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Dr. NO wrote:
yeti wrote:I note that many people often over look that illegal immigrants pay sales tax. Also, they pay additional tax when they fill up their gas tanks. The pay the toll to go thru the Baltimore Harbor tunnel (and every other toll that they happen to drive through. I am sure there are more examples. True, they do not pay income tax... BECAUSE WE WON'T LET THEM.

But you fail to note that it is a crime to enter this country ILLEGALLY. They do get SSN's and pay SS Tax which they do not collect. BUT, to currentlly admit that, they will then be charged with a FELONY for falsifying Federal Documents. Why? Because they are ILLEGAL !

Yes we know it's illegal. We know it's a felony. Bringing that up all the time doesn't add a whole lot to the debate at this point. To paraphrase an old saying "Never make a law that won't be obeyed or that you won't or can't enforce". We've tolerated illegal immigration for so long that the law isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Actually heard someone suggest that you'll never get the Social Security Administration to go after illegals that use invalid SS#s because they don't want to see that revenue stream dry up.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I gather Dr. NO wants to try the highly practical solution of rounding up 11-12 million people, some of whom are citizen children of illegal alien parents, putting them through an already overburdened court system, then deporting them all. Doc, planning on shipping them in railroad cars?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

I have driven a car drunk. That makes me more of a criminal than someone picking apples.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:I gather Dr. NO wants to try the highly practical solution of rounding up 11-12 million people, some of whom are citizen children of illegal alien parents, putting them through an already overburdened court system, then deporting them all. Doc, planning on shipping them in railroad cars?
The Millions of Illegals is a problem. BUT, if SS numbers are traced and not properly qualified, gone. IF, they have no work documents, GONE. Can't get them all at once, but sooner or later they are gone.

Oh, god forbid we should ship out BORN IN USA kids of ILLEGALS. OK, we take the kid, you go home. Cost is a wash either way so why not. You want the kid? take it with you. I just cannot comprehend the thinking of people that accept "ILLEGALS" as yes you can stay even though you crossed our boarder ILLEGALLY, and YES you purchased under false pretense and signed ILLEGAL papers to FORGE documents under the FEDERAL govenment.

Check out rules of OTHER countries. They don't discuss this, they just lock you up or ship you out.

Shut up and Ski!

Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Dr. NO wrote:
Bubba wrote:I gather Dr. NO wants to try the highly practical solution of rounding up 11-12 million people, some of whom are citizen children of illegal alien parents, putting them through an already overburdened court system, then deporting them all. Doc, planning on shipping them in railroad cars?
The Millions of Illegals is a problem. BUT, if SS numbers are traced and not properly qualified, gone. IF, they have no work documents, GONE. Can't get them all at once, but sooner or later they are gone.

Oh, god forbid we should ship out BORN IN USA kids of ILLEGALS. OK, we take the kid, you go home. Cost is a wash either way so why not. You want the kid? take it with you. I just cannot comprehend the thinking of people that accept "ILLEGALS" as yes you can stay even though you crossed our boarder ILLEGALLY, and YES you purchased under false pretense and signed ILLEGAL papers to FORGE documents under the FEDERAL govenment.

Check out rules of OTHER countries. They don't discuss this, they just lock you up or ship you out.
distracted