FS Black Diamond Anarchist Avalung Pack

Buying or Selling Gear, Post Information Here
KnuckleDragger
Powderhound

FS Black Diamond Anarchist Avalung Pack

Post by KnuckleDragger »

Black Diamond Anarchist Avalung Pack (Large) $200 + shipping. Pack is brand new, still in original as shipped condition including the cellophane seal on the avalung mouthpiece. Due to some miscommunication I ended up with two last spring and never got around to returning the second one.

laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

sweet pack, wish knew they were coming out the year before cause I would have held out to buy one but I haven't destroyed my Revelation, yet....
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
gpetrics
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by gpetrics »

do you know how many liters it holds? (i'm trying to figure out exactly which one this is)
KnuckleDragger
Powderhound

Post by KnuckleDragger »

gpetrics wrote:do you know how many liters it holds? (i'm trying to figure out exactly which one this is)
It is the 42L (2563 cu in).

A few other features:
Top loading with a pocket in the lid. The lid also has an stretchable piece of mesh that can be deployed to hold a helmet.

It is hydration compatible - the hose can be run through an insulated sleeve in the right shoulder strap.

Diagonal zipper on the left side of the pack for quick access to the main compartment.

Vertical zippered rear exterior pocket for shovel, probe, etc.

Plus all of the usual compression straps, ice axe loops, hip belt, yadda yadda yadda.

More info at Backcountry.com
http://www.backcountry.com/store/BLD094 ... d=Au25uPC8

More detailed review with pics
http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68477
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

gpetrics wrote:do you know how many liters it holds? (i'm trying to figure out exactly which one this is)
FYI BD packs always seem to run a little bigger then the stated size. I've owned both the slide and revelation packs and BOTH carry way more then comparable sized packs I've had from other companies.

I'm not sure why that is though
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir