JerseyGuy a question

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
shortski
Site Admin

JerseyGuy a question

Post by shortski »

Are you posting under the name gvscmr at http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-157593

Same name calling and writing style, just wondering, carry on.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Re: JerseyGuy a question

Post by JerseyGuy »

Nope.

He's right, though. And his question (the one his wingnut opponents are intellectually incapable of answering) is a valid one; one that some of us have asked here on a regular basis:

"IF Obama has NOT Convinced Federal Authorities that he meets ALL Qualifications to be President then WHY Isn't John McCain and Company and all the major News Agencies pounding down the doors of the Supreme Court?"

Carry on...
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

JerseyGuy wrote:Nope.

He's right, though. And his question (the one his wingnut opponents are intellectually incapable of answering) is a valid one; one that some of us have asked here on a regular basis:

"IF Obama has NOT Convinced Federal Authorities that he meets ALL Qualifications to be President then WHY Isn't John McCain and Company and all the major News Agencies pounding down the doors of the Supreme Court?"

Carry on...
that's exactly why this has failed the sniff test from day one.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:Nope.

Carry on...
that's exactly why this has failed the sniff test from day one.
Not to mention Hillary & Bill along with the Democrat candidates for the nomination.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Not to mention the "transparency" that Obama was talking about during the campaign. Yup spend hundreds of thousands of dollars with three different law firms to avoid paying a $12 fee to get the damn thing, yup now I see it all make sense now. The transparent glass he's talking about must be the pizo electric kind, so he can switch it on and off at will.

It all comes down to why;

Why not produce it, it makes no sense not to. Just get the damn thing, hand it over to one of the main stream media outlets and have it gone over with forensic document annalists and be done with it.

Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

shortski wrote: Why not produce it, it makes no sense not to. Just get the damn thing, hand it over to one of the main stream media outlets and have it gone over with forensic document annalists and be done with it.

We've heard all about the birth certificate cults, but again, what federal authority is questioning Obama's status as a natural born citizen?

Sometimes it's even simpler.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Coydog wrote:
shortski wrote: Why not produce it, it makes no sense not to. Just get the damn thing, hand it over to one of the main stream media outlets and have it gone over with forensic document annalists and be done with it.

We've heard all about the birth certificate cults, but again, what federal authority is questioning Obama's status as a natural born citizen?

Sometimes it's even simpler.
You have learned well grasshopper, from the JG scholl of answer the question with a question. :-)

Doesn't answer the question:

What logical reason does he have to spend thousands of dollars defending these suits when he could pay the $12 and end it today.

If the answer is because he doesn't have to I'm ok with that but so far all he's done is spend contributors money defending the suits.

And what about the transparency he touted throughout his campaign, doesn't give one a fuzzy feeling on how he's going to run the ship if already he's backpedaling on something that seems as simple as this.

It just doesn't make sense.

I try to see both side of an issue, and the first thing I do is to put myself in the other persons position. In this case no way can I figure out why he wont produce the document. With all of the problems, domestic and foreign that he's going to have to deal with, why is he spending one second of his time dealing with this, again, just doesn't make sense.

All I'm asking is for someone to come up with a logical reason for this decision, and if it's because he doesn't have to..fine...but that also says a lot about what his actions are and the rhetoric he spoke during the campaign.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

As far as I know, no entity with legal standing has questioned Obama’s status as a natural born citizen, thus Obama really has nothing to defend.

Any moron can file I lawsuit. Acting as a full-fledged moron, I could sue you right now claiming your home sits on my property. You would normally need to respond to my case in some fashion.

You could hire a lawyer and a surveyor, produce affidavits, a certified deed and take aerial photographs as a response or you could simply state that since I do not own any property in your town, I do not have legal standing.

After the court dismisses my case for lack of standing, I could petition a higher court for an appeal, but we both know what would happen.

I could claim my case was dismissed on a mere technicality and if you really had nothing to hide, you would provide the surveyor’s map, aerial photos and certified deeds for all to see.

Legal standing is meant in part to prevent frivolous lawsuit from clogging the courts. In my opinion, Obama is simply taking the correct legal action in this matter and I think there are much more substantive issues that deserve his attention.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Coydog wrote: Legal standing is meant in part to prevent frivolous lawsuit from clogging the courts. In my opinion, Obama is simply taking the correct legal action in this matter and I think there are much more substantive issues that deserve his attention.
I would in fact agree with you on this if and it's a big if Obama was to sue for legal cost associated with dealing with the suit, I know I would.

Oh feel free to sue me, I have all the documents you mentioned and the minute you filed suit I would call my insurance company that handles my umbrella policy and the next thing in the mail would be a law suit from them to recover legal costs.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Isn't it amazing how conservatives who bash lawyers and their society-wrecking frivolous suits are always happy to hire their own lawyers and file their own frivolous lawsuits when it suits them?
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"Go f*** yourself."
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

JerseyGuy wrote:Isn't it amazing how conservatives who bash lawyers and their society-wrecking frivolous suits are always happy to hire their own lawyers and file their own frivolous lawsuits when it suits them?
No, i don't hire the lawyer, my insurance company does. They do it to protect their wallet from any judgment against me.

I never said kill all the lawyers I think it was Shakespeare's in Henry VI. :D

I have respect for most lawyers but some are pretty bad., and when you need a lawyer it's stupid not to get one.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

shortski wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:I have respect for most lawyers but some are pretty bad., and when you need a lawyer it's stupid not to get one.
More Shakespeare: There's the rub. Seems that we all define "need" a whole lot differently.

The folks launching these lawsuits probably think they "need" to do so in order to save American civilization. Personally, I think many of them "need" a new hobby, or professional help.

Tomato, tomahto...

"Go f*** yourself."
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

In some respects.

The Delfino case addressees a constitutional question as to what is the definition of a natural born citizen. There's enough ambiguity in the wording to merit a review and settle it once and for all.

From the old Laugh In, Interesting Ver.......ry interesting.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage