OT: WTF is in the water in CT?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

OT: WTF is in the water in CT?

Post by Bubba »

Police: Woman handcuffed self to husband, bit him

FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) - A woman attempting to reconcile with her estranged husband handcuffed herself to him as he slept and then bit him on his torso and arms as he phoned for help, police said.

Helen Sun, 37, told police she wanted to have a conversation with Robert Drawbaugh without him leaving. She changed the locks on their bedroom door and, while he was sleeping Monday, handcuffed herself to him, authorities said.

Drawbaugh was able to dial 911 from his cell phone. Nearly out of breath, he told dispatchers he woke up handcuffed, was still bound to his wife and was holding her down, according to a recording released by police. Dispatchers heard Drawbaugh scream in agony, apparently as his wife bit him.

Drawbaugh shouted repeatedly. "Are they almost here? Oh God. I need help!"

Asked by dispatchers why his wife was attacking him, Drawbaugh said he divorced her. he also said she has a history of violence.

Officers who went to the home in Fairfield heard Drawbaugh screaming for help and forced their way in through the front door.

Drawbaugh was treated at a hospital, police said. Sun told investigators that restraining Drawbaugh was the only way she could get him to speak to her, authorities said.

Police charged Sun with third-degree assault, disorderly conduct, reckless endangerment and unlawful restraint. She was being held on $15,000 bond after an appearance Tuesday in Bridgeport Superior Court, according to a court clerk. Sun was represented by a public defender who did not immediately return a message left by The Associated Press.

Drawbaugh, 32, has been living in Los Angeles and came back to Connecticut about a week ago, police said.

He told police his wife is obsessive and a danger to him and his friends and family. He said his wife hired private investigators to follow him, according to police.

Police said they were called to the house on Valentine's Day last year when the couple got into a fight and in December 2007 when they got into an argument over a Christmas tree.

The status of their divorce is unclear.

Sun's mother said the couple had been married about eight years.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: OT: WTF is in the water in CT?

Post by RustyK »

I think I saw that dude at Traders Joe's... :lol:
Where is Happy Hour ?
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Well, up to the biting part, it was sounding pretty good...
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

strictly a CT issue, yes indeed.. :roll:
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

One town over in Bridgewater, VT, they just pull out a gun and shoot their husbands. None of this hand cuffs and "I just wanted to talk" stuff. In New Hampshire, they're smarter. They call them "hunting accidents". I'm fortunate to have survived. :banana:
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Geoff wrote:One town over in Bridgewater, VT, they just pull out a gun and shoot their husbands. None of this hand cuffs and "I just wanted to talk" stuff. In New Hampshire, they're smarter. They call them "hunting accidents". I'm fortunate to have survived. :banana:
How 'bout Maine where they freeze 'em and chip 'em?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Wasn't it also in CT that the guy killed his wife and put her body through the wood chipper?

And now isn't the United Technologies Chairman going through a really "interesting" public divorce case in a CT court?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:Wasn't it also in CT that the guy killed his wife and put her body through the wood chipper?

And now isn't the United Technologies Chairman going through a really "interesting" public divorce case in a CT court?

Yep, the good Doctor down near Twilkas cut her up and chipped her out! nothing like that good ole boy stuff down in Fairfield County. :wink:
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Bubba wrote: And now isn't the United Technologies Chairman going through a really "interesting" public divorce case in a CT court?
Yeah...this chick signed a Post-Nup and now says she needs $53k a week? Me, too...!!
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

I think Bubba is just jealous that his chick doesn't wanna use handcuffs.
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Handcuffs are over-rated.
Token_Boarder
Bumper

Post by Token_Boarder »

I'm just here to say things like "bling bling", and "ant no t'ang"
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

MarieM wrote:Handcuffs are over-rated.
:D :D :D

"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

MarieM wrote:Handcuffs are over-rated.
Is it ROPE or LEATHER? :ear
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho