Snowmont Music Festival (Cancelled)

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mt. Tom
Beginner On Rentals

Snowmont Music Festival (Cancelled)

Post by Mt. Tom »

Looks like K has a replacement for the BMMC.

http://snowmontmusicfestival.com/
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Snowmont Music Festival

Post by Highway Star »

SERIOUSLY....???????!?!?!????
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Devils Fiddle
Black Carver

Post by Devils Fiddle »

This is an epic fail.

WHy? Because of the VERMONT STATE POLICE presence that will be in town for this.
I think the cops killed the BMMC more than any other factor. The fun was lost with there bullying on the road and in the lots.

This could be an interesting event but will not likely make the town much revenue in my opinion. Hippies can't afford to party or stay in Killington. PBR and rolling paper sales should be up but that will be it.

Any idea on who's on the ticket?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

yup epic fail ... what made the bmmc so special was that it was a spontaneous party created by the extended k family. snowmont's intention is to bring 10k outsiders to k. turn the place into a prison - sounds like you practically have to shower with your wristband. among the list of things you can't bring are skis & snowboards yet it bills itself as the last snow event of the year. huh? it's pretty ironic that out of the trail signs in the poster for the event, 2 (the fiddle & ovation) will probably not open. they don't have a clue ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

What is not allowed at the festival?

Knives, weapons, fire, fire toys, or fireworks of ANY kind
Outside food/drink
Alcohol (alcohol will be available for purchase at the event)
Illegal substances or drug paraphernalia
Coolers
Flasks
Camelbacks, Nalgenes, canteens, etc.
Glass of ANY kind
Tents or umbrellas
Video cameras or professional cameras (with detachable lenses)
Audio recording hardware
Instruments of ANY kind
Water guns or sprayers
Chain wallets
Laser pointers
Boas
Pets (service dogs are allowed)
Chairs or furniture of ANY kind
Framed or large backpacks (anything you would not be allowed to carry on a plane)
Illegal/unauthorized vending
Flyers or marketing materials
Skateboards, scooters, bikes, snowshoes, snowboards, skis, snollerblades, or ANY form of personal transportation

*Security will be conducting bag checks, pat downs and pocket searches at their discretion. Violation of these terms can result in confiscation, expulsion, or arrest depending upon severity of the violation.

no chain wallets? what is that about?
I know I wont be there
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Well yeah, it certainly could be an epic fail. But if it is, they will own it. This is their idea, their event, and based on their knowledge of the current "political" environment. I've got to believe they know what they're up against. Whether they're willing to do what is necessary to make it succeed or will just mail it in remains to be seen. As one of the largest employers in Vt, they have the clout to get the state Gestapo to back off, whether they choose to, to make their event work, remains to be seen. But anyone who thinks a music festival with a heavy handed police presence will succeed is a bit naive.
robrules
Poster Child Poster

Post by robrules »

Step 1 : Announce 3 day music festival
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit
people with the snobords smokes the funystuffs
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

daytripper wrote:What is not allowed at the festival?

Knives, weapons, fire, fire toys, or fireworks of ANY kind
Outside food/drink
Alcohol (alcohol will be available for purchase at the event)
Illegal substances or drug paraphernalia
Coolers
Flasks
Camelbacks, Nalgenes, canteens, etc.
Glass of ANY kind
Tents or umbrellas
Video cameras or professional cameras (with detachable lenses)
Audio recording hardware
Instruments of ANY kind
Water guns or sprayers
Chain wallets
Laser pointers
Boas
Pets (service dogs are allowed)
Chairs or furniture of ANY kind
Framed or large backpacks (anything you would not be allowed to carry on a plane)
Illegal/unauthorized vending
Flyers or marketing materials
Skateboards, scooters, bikes, snowshoes, snowboards, skis, snollerblades, or ANY form of personal transportation

*Security will be conducting bag checks, pat downs and pocket searches at their discretion. Violation of these terms can result in confiscation, expulsion, or arrest depending upon severity of the violation.

no chain wallets? what is that about?
I know I wont be there

Sounds like a jail. What fun!
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

lodi dodi we like to party...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Can't wait..............................................to avoid the event altogether. $125? Risk of security pat downs (can you say TSA on steroids?) and likely high police presence with a gestapo approach to stopping people? I think not...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Clutch
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Clutch »

rogman wrote:Well yeah, it certainly could be an epic fail. But if it is, they will own it. This is their idea, their event, and based on their knowledge of the current "political" environment. I've got to believe they know what they're up against. Whether they're willing to do what is necessary to make it succeed or will just mail it in remains to be seen. As one of the largest employers in Vt, they have the clout to get the state Gestapo to back off, whether they choose to, to make their event work, remains to be seen. But anyone who thinks a music festival with a heavy handed police presence will succeed is a bit naive.
They don't really own it. It's the east coast stop of a festival that was held in Tahoe.

The event is in 7 weeks and this is the first publicity we've heard of it. There still isn't any line up announcement. Yup, pretty sure they're mailing it in.
Clutch
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Clutch »

For more info about the Tahoe version of this:

http://snowglobemusicfestival.com/

2011 snowglobe tahoe recap:
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

I'm assuming this will be held at Killington Resort AND during operating hours. If so, are they going to close areas of the mountain from the paying (day ticket and passholder) skiers/riders? Why do I have a bad feeling about this?
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

I guess this is taking place of the cancelled snoe down (of which until a few minutes ago, I didn't know was cancelled this year).
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Gangsta Rider
Postaholic

Post by Gangsta Rider »

spanky wrote:I guess this is taking place of the cancelled snoe down (of which until a few minutes ago, I didn't know was cancelled this year).
It wasn't cancelled. The band is in Europe this year....