Watch next wks weather very carefully, vermonsters....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skimee
Blue Chatterbox

Watch next wks weather very carefully, vermonsters....

Post by skimee »

This storm is a doozey.... I spent the whole day moving stuff in my basement to higher ground, and foaming the heck out of my door and window there too. Taking no chances this time. Be prepared. Have flashlights, generator, batteries, cell phone charged up and food items , plus water ready. Blankets etc..Just got an email from our town office saying to be prepared and they gave emergency numbers to us. Pray we dont get hit too hard. G-d bless you all. :?c
ski life to the fullest
icedtea
Guru Poster

Re: Watch next wks weather very carefully, vermonsters....

Post by icedtea »

:like
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Watching The Weather Channel. Two models show it hug the coast all the way to Long Island then it appears the Jet Stream and other systems will force it to make that horrible left turn up the Connecticut River, AGAIN. This could be worse than IRENE if the system brings in more water and meets the system coming in from the West.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

IIRC, part of the problem with Irene was that the ground was already saturated from previous r*in before Irene even showed up. Hopefully the ground is able to absorb more water this time before swelling the streams and rivers.
UVSHTSTRM
Bumper

Post by UVSHTSTRM »

Also in many cases people A) haven't rebuilt yet B) won't rebuild C) rebuilt away from streams, rivers, etc. One more thing, as a result of Irene the rivers, streams and creeks are much wider and most likely can handle anything that this storm will throw at them.