Is the Interconnect in Killington Resorts Plans?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Snowjob
Poster Child Poster

Is the Interconnect in Killington Resorts Plans?

Post by Snowjob »

I'd like to ask Killington Resort if developing the Interconnect is part of your development plan. If it is, do you have a projected date?
Last edited by Snowjob on Sep 22nd, '13, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
pepperdawg
Black Carver

Re: Is the Interconect in Killington Resorts Plans?

Post by pepperdawg »

Should be up and running Nov 1 2013. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Free da Dis!!!
-Woof
Snowjob
Poster Child Poster

Post by Snowjob »

:-)
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I know the previously announced Phase 1 plan for the interconnect - 1 HSQ, one fixed Quad, ~100 acres of trails, snowmaking and a mid mountain lodge. Has there been consideration given to a limited interconnect option such as just the Pico side lift and the connecting trails?

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Snowjob wrote:I'd like to ask Killington Resort if developing the Interconnect is part of your development plan. If it is, do you have a projected date?
Good question, will be interesting to see what the answer is. Way to be Snowjob. :-)
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

If they can't put in the lifts how about marking a couple safe trails from one side to the other and then either transport to that resorts start point or shuttle return. If you start at K, land down hill of Pico, pay for shuttle to pico lift and head back to K and vise versa, OR just shuttle back to K. At a fee of course.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

We've had lots of discussion on this topic. This was my last contribution: http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/vi ... y+skinning
With a single trail cut from the K property low point above Pico Pond to a low point on Interconnect, K could run a sidecountry operation with a single cat and/or allow people to skin out as well... Don't have much of that in the east, inside a resort. Would be a great place to learn without getting into serious trouble or needing search and rescue. If K wants to hire me, I'd be happy to do all the leg work make this happen. Stormchaser, Director of Roaring Brook Wilderness Adventures.
Tying into the low accessible point on the existing interconnect road, keeps the elevation change at its absolute minimum, allowing for the new cut trail to become the work road for lift installation and future work. Some light woods thinning and a single cat track is all that is needed to create a skin in/out sidecountry area. Add cat service for guided adventures.
ImageImageImageImage
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Killington might not even know. I doubt if they have any firm plans to build the interconnect or they would be out. I would like for them to weigh in on where it stands. It sure would be nice of Killington to let us know what's up; sure would be nice. :-)
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

10 months ago Mike had this to say, I doubt much has changed.

Mike Solimano wrote:We still have plans for the interconnect and as I have said in many different meetings, different people have different opinions of this project. I don’t see it happening in the next five years. This doesn’t mean it won’t happen, but I am trying to be transparent and honest in my assessment of capital needs moving forward Projects such as Snowdon Quad and Southridge replacement, snowmaking infrastructure, trail intersection work, K-1 Lodge improvements, and others would probably still be ahead of the interconnect on the capital priority list.
http://www.alpinezone.com/skiing/challe ... on-resort/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Stormchaser wrote:We've had lots of discussion on this topic. This was my last contribution: http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/vi ... y+skinning
With a single trail cut from the K property low point above Pico Pond to a low point on Interconnect, K could run a sidecountry operation with a single cat and/or allow people to skin out as well... Don't have much of that in the east, inside a resort. Would be a great place to learn without getting into serious trouble or needing search and rescue. If K wants to hire me, I'd be happy to do all the leg work make this happen. Stormchaser, Director of Roaring Brook Wilderness Adventures.
Tying into the low accessible point on the existing interconnect road, keeps the elevation change at its absolute minimum, allowing for the new cut trail to become the work road for lift installation and future work. Some light woods thinning and a single cat track is all that is needed to create a skin in/out sidecountry area. Add cat service for guided adventures.
Wait, what happened to the trail that's already there??? :lol:

Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

You can ski from Pico to K today. There is a shuttle that runs every day all day on the hour which you can take in either direction. I have never understood why all the people complaining that they want the interconnect are not using the shuttle. I would argue that until demand for the shuttle increases there is no true evidence of a demand for the interconnect.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

How about a Skye Peak/Killington Peak connection?

At this point I'd be very happy with South Ridge.

Peak Lodge is a waste.

Save the Snowdon Quad.
iRock
Bumper

Post by iRock »

Skivt2 wrote:You can ski from Pico to K today. There is a shuttle that runs every day all day on the hour which you can take in either direction. I have never understood why all the people complaining that they want the interconnect are not using the shuttle. I would argue that until demand for the shuttle increases there is no true evidence of a demand for the interconnect.
These type of comments really set me off. It's not about not having to take a shuttle. I don't care how much "demand" there is. The interconnect is about becoming the largest in the East. It's about having nearly 90 miles of trails, over 1,100 acres, 7 mountains, 6 base lodges, and 30 lifts. It's about having a single resort that's 6 miles wide. It's about having access to the best terrain in the East. It's about being double the size of anything else within 1,500 miles. It's about having a resort here, at home, that can mimic the size, season, and quality of a western resort.

If you're afraid about "ruining" Pico. If you hate progress, go 45 minutes north to Sugarbush. I've heard they have a resort that's "classic" and has a shuttle.

(BTW, a resort that has 2 hsq's, 75% snowmaking, and grooms over half the terrain daily is NOT at all classic)
trees, steeps, and yan lifts
that's why I ski DA BEAST
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

iRock wrote: If you're afraid about "ruining" Pico. If you hate progress, go 45 minutes north to Sugarbush. I've heard they have a resort that's "classic" and has a shuttle.

(BTW, a resort that has 2 hsq's, 75% snowmaking, and grooms over half the terrain daily is NOT at all classic)
That may well be the very best advise I've ever heard you give.

Oh & I can ski Mt. Ellen to.

Slide Brook anyone?