Yankees, Buyers or Sellers ?

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Yankees, Buyers or Sellers ?

Post by Atomic1 »

So Yankee fans, you're 3 games back in the wild card and a half game behind Seattle and Robbie Cano, don't ya know ! So are you buying or selling ? Who do you want ? Do you take a shot with Lester who will be a free agent at the seasons end ? Other than that whose out there that is worth it ? Or should you be unloading the dead wood and over paid players like Beltran , Roberts , Suzuki, Arod and the always injured Texerria ? What about Karoda and Sabathia , if anyone is even interested do you dump them ?
The red sox are sellers so any other players interest you there ?
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Re: Yankees, Buyers or Sellers ?

Post by BoozeTan »

shouldnt you be more concerned about your last to first(fluke) to last again Sox?
Yankees will obviously still try to improve to make the playoffs. The entire AL East is terrible this season
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:So Yankee fans, you're 3 games back in the wild card and a half game behind Seattle and Robbie Cano, don't ya know ! So are you buying or selling ? Who do you want ? Do you take a shot with Lester who will be a free agent at the seasons end ? Other than that whose out there that is worth it ? Or should you be unloading the dead wood and over paid players like Beltran , Roberts , Suzuki, Arod and the always injured Texerria ? What about Karoda and Sabathia , if anyone is even interested do you dump them ?
who's

Teixeira
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:So Yankee fans, you're 3 games back in the wild card and a half game behind Seattle and Robbie Cano, don't ya know ! So are you buying or selling ? Who do you want ? Do you take a shot with Lester who will be a free agent at the seasons end ? Other than that whose out there that is worth it ? Or should you be unloading the dead wood and over paid players like Beltran , Roberts , Suzuki, Arod and the always injured Texerria ? What about Karoda and Sabathia , if anyone is even interested do you dump them ?
Do the Yankees take a shot at Lester? Do you really think the Red Sox would deal Lester to the Yankees or any other contender in their own division?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Bubba wrote:
Do the Yankees take a shot at Lester? Do you really think the Red Sox would deal Lester to the Yankees or any other contender in their own division?
It doesn't matter what I think as I'm " keeping my friends close and enemies closer " ! And Boozy you can call it a fluke but 3 World Series Victories in 10 years is ok. I did hear LESTER TO THE A's to go along with the other 4 ex Red Sox players the A's got for a releif pitcher that never even got a save for the Red Sox !
WOOOOH...Lester and Gomes for Cespedes!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
It doesn't matter what I think as I'm " keeping my friends close and enemies closer " ! And Boozy you can call it a fluke but 3 World Series Victories in 10 years is ok. I did hear LESTER TO THE A's to go along with the other 4 ex Red Sox players the A's got for a releif pitcher that never even got a save for the Red Sox !
The Red Sox were not gonna pay Lester so at least they got something for him !
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
The Red Sox were not gonna pay Lester so at least they got something for him !
They really didn't get much.

He's basically another Mike Napoli who can play the outfield but he's a one year rental.

Free agent after the 2015 season. Oh and BTW, as he is a international player, he doesn't fit into the qualifying offer category so when he leaves, the Sox DO NOT get a compensation pick for him like they would have with Lester.

Only way this can make sense is if they intend to package him in a deal for Stanton.

Also the EE has no hope as they have no one to trade and can basically only take on salary.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

I'm not buying anybody! :P Any other Yankee fans buying ballplayers before tomorrow?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

RENO wrote:
I'm not buying anybody! :P Any other Yankee fans buying ballplayers before tomorrow?
I am buying Marlon Byrd, unless the Yankees buy him first.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

junior wrote:
RENO wrote:
I am buying Marlon Byrd, unless the Yankees buy him first.

is this the Byrd that gave you the eggs in the nest ?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Stephen Drew to EE.

Jeter's days are numbered.

Price to Tigers.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I liked Drew and thought he could make a difference but he did not . I also always thought and mentioned awhile ago that Drew would be a perfect fit for the Yanks hitting into the short porch in right and he covers a lot of ground at SS.
The Yanks fleeced the Red Sox as Drew has a big upside and Kelly Johnson is the same as a bag of balls.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:I liked Drew and thought he could make a difference but he did not . I also always thought and mentioned awhile ago that Drew would be a perfect fit for the Yanks hitting into the short porch in right and he covers a lot of ground at SS.
The Yanks fleeced the Red Sox as Drew has a big upside and Kelly Johnson is the same as a bag of balls.
The Sox were hardly "fleeced", they wanted Drew gone to put Zander at SS and Holt at 3rd.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

SnoBrdr wrote:Stephen Drew to EE.

Price to Tigers.
really? :lol:
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

RENO wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:Stephen Drew to EE.

Price to Tigers.
really? :lol:
He may be forced to retire, maybe at the end of this season.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe