2014 NFL Season

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

2014 NFL Season

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!! Barring any major injuries ... predicting 9+ wins for the Birds and taking the NFC East.

junior
Signature Poster

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by junior »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!! Barring any major injuries ... predicting 9+ wins for the Birds and taking the NFC East.

They should have 6 wins in the division alone.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

junior wrote:They should have 6 wins in the division alone.
Always appreciate any help from the New York football Giants!
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I can see the Eagles going 5-1 in the division with the one loss coming in the 2nd game against Washington. The Cowboys will suck. The Redskins will suck but will have a short streak when RGIII shows signs of brilliance and that's where the one Eagles division loss will come from. (If RG gets hurt early in the year, then the Eagles will go 6-0 in the East). The Giants will pose a threat to nobody with that Swiss cheese offensive line. They're gonna have to run the ball 3 out of 4 plays, and they do not have a running game. Eli will be running for his life on any passing plays.

I'd be surprised if the Eagles didn't go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division. They are good enough to win 10 or 11 games this season and will cruise into the playoffs this year. How far they go in the postseason will depend solely on their health. As much as I hate to say it, the Eagles can be a real scary team this year.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

If history has proven anything concerning the NY Giants it's that Eli and company relish the roll of " underdogs " ! Let's also take a moment to reflect on the old adage " defense wins Championships "! So do I think this is a Championship team , no not right now but the defense looks good enough to compete with an improved secondary and Linebackers and the offense has better weapons with 2 new running backs and Hillis getting a full camp plus a couple new promising wide receivers .
Yes the OL looks weak but it takes time to gel and they have an entirely new OL. So with that being said the weakness I see is no #1 go to TE and we all know Eli loves a TE ! :lol:
The other weakness is pass rush which has been a staple for the Giants but if JPP plays like before and D. Moore continues to improve then you just never know ! Remember just like the 04 Yankees when it comes to sports it's not how you start but how you finish.
I predict 9-7 and possibly a Wild Card this year !
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

junior wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I can see the Eagles going 5-1 in the division with the one loss coming in the 2nd game against Washington. The Cowboys will suck. The Redskins will suck but will have a short streak when RGIII shows signs of brilliance and that's where the one Eagles division loss will come from. (If RG gets hurt early in the year, then the Eagles will go 6-0 in the East). The Giants will pose a threat to nobody with that Swiss cheese offensive line. They're gonna have to run the ball 3 out of 4 plays, and they do not have a running game. Eli will be running for his life on any passing plays.

I'd be surprised if the Eagles didn't go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division. They are good enough to win 10 or 11 games this season and will cruise into the playoffs this year. How far they go in the postseason will depend solely on their health. As much as I hate to say it, the Eagles can be a real scary team this year.
The Eagles should be solid this year, but whether they can get past the Saints or Seahawks is yet to be determined. We don't play the Saints at all, but play Seattle in December. The December game against Seattle will help set expectations for the playoffs (if they make it).
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
junior wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

The Eagles should be solid this year, but whether they can get past the Saints or Seahawks is yet to be determined. We don't play the Saints at all, but play Seattle in December. The December game against Seattle will help set expectations for the playoffs (if they make it).
Seattle was a BEAST last night vs GB. They looked almost better than last year. Very scary. Maybe a repeat if they stay hot? They looked great on both sides of the ball. Punt returner needs a lesson or two in calling fair catches, but other than that, Seattle looked amazing last night.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

They play very smart football . From the playcalling to the QB's play and on defense they don't take chances either, they just play the man, make the tackle ... On O They make well executed and calculated plays. Plus The QB doesn't try to run, he just scrambles around , creates time and finds the open rec. and if nobody is open he throws it away. Yup, very smart football execution .
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Atomic1 wrote:They play very smart football . From the playcalling to the QB's play and on defense they don't take chances either, they just play the man, make the tackle ... On O They make well executed and calculated plays. Plus The QB doesn't try to run, he just scrambles around , creates time and finds the open rec. and if nobody is open he throws it away. Yup, very smart football execution .
Hmmmm, must have watched a different game last night - I do believe Wilson had a running play which ended just short of the goal line :P
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

junior wrote:Seattle was a BEAST last night vs GB. They looked almost better than last year. Very scary. Maybe a repeat if they stay hot? They looked great on both sides of the ball. Punt returner needs a lesson or two in calling fair catches, but other than that, Seattle looked amazing last night.
Very likely to repeat if they stay health. I have Percy, Beast Mode, and Seattle's D for my fantasy league ... pretty pleased with the numbers from Thursday :-)
MrsG wrote:Hmmmm, must have watched a different game last night - I do believe Wilson had a running play which ended just short of the goal line :P
Russell rushed for 29 yards on 7 attempts. Russell was one of the top rushing QBs in 2013.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Sep 8th, '14, 07:00, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

MrsG wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:They play very smart football . From the playcalling to the QB's play and on defense they don't take chances either, they just play the man, make the tackle ... On O They make well executed and calculated plays. Plus The QB doesn't try to run, he just scrambles around , creates time and finds the open rec. and if nobody is open he throws it away. Yup, very smart football execution .
Hmmmm, must have watched a different game last night - I do believe Wilson had a running play which ended just short of the goal line :P
It's a different style of running compared to say Griffin in Wash or Vick. He will take what the defense gives and quickly run out of bounds or throw it away . Nothing is forced . You watch some of these other guys and they force the run and get killed or they force the throw and with Seattle the only thing they ever force is Beastmode M. Lynch down the throats of the defense. It's a very impressive and calculated offense .
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Gotta love Tony Romo's decision making...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

The Jets defensive line looks impressive but they just lost two winnable games in a row with poor discipline and costly QB mistakes. With the Patriots porous O-line, the division is up for grabs this year but the Jets aren't looking like a team that can beat anybody with a winning record.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

XJib, whatcha think about Sunday night?

My prediction:

Eagles 42

Giants 7
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

As long as the Giants kick it out of the back of the end zone and punt it out of bounds they should be ok ! Do not punt it right to Sproles ,period . Also you can't turn it over ! Follow those simple steps and it could be a close game !