Back on injury list

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Back on injury list

Post by tyrolean_skier »

As many of you already know from Facebook, I suffered what appears to be a groin injury after a fall sustained at Sunday River. I cannot walk without assistance. I am currently laying in bed. I borrowed some crutches from ski patrol for the weekend because Dork and kids must be at mountain for competition. I don't know how long I will be out but hopefully it's weeks and not months.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Re: Back on injury list

Post by SnoBrdr »

Get well soon.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Andy J
Black Carver

Post by Andy J »

tyrolean_skier wrote:As many of you already know from Facebook, I suffered what appears to be a groin injury after a fall sustained at Sunday River. I cannot walk without assistance. I am currently laying in bed. I borrowed some crutches from ski patrol for the weekend because Dork and kids must be at mountain for competition. I don't know how long I will be out but hopefully it's weeks and not months.
Sad to read that you were injured Ty. Thanks for posting since some of us here at KZone are not Facebookers. Get well soon!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Oh nooooo
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Ouch - Get well soon ! G & P.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Feel better . . . rest up :wink:
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

This is the perfect opportunity to change your moniker. GROIN PULL!

Sorry to hear you biffed. Being sidelined blows. Howd it happen?
ImageImageImageImage
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Stormchaser wrote:This is the perfect opportunity to change your moniker. GROIN PULL!

Sorry to hear you biffed. Being sidelined blows. Howd it happen?
Was skiing a blue trail that someone told me had better snow. Hit what I think was a big chuck of ice which caused me to take a bad fall and when I tried to get up I felt a pain in the groin area. Some people stopped and helped me up and back into my skis. Since I was almost at the bottom of trail, I skied down very slowly. I discovered when I got out of the skis that I could not walk without pain so I called Jeff to come help me. I knew he was inside lodge. He helped get me inside with the help of another man and then we called ski patrol and I decided to go their station on a sled where they examined me and determined that nothing was broken and looked like a groin pull. They gave me an ice pack and sent me on my way. Been icing it and taking Advil every 4-6 hours and staying in bed most of the time.
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

TY!!!
That is NOT the thing to one up me on.
Best Wishes.
RICE = Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.
I'm 80% back to normal. Looking at maybe skiing easy on Monday while my daughter is still here.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Sorry to hear about this especially with what you've gone through with your knee. If you have access to a hot tub that might help, but ice it after (I'm not a doctor, but have had groin pulls). You'll be out sooner than later. Good luck.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
filejw
Green Skidder

Post by filejw »

From an old ice hockey guy I must recommend stretch stretch stretch. As soon as you can 3/4 times a day.....Get Well good luck..
SuzyQ
Bumper

Post by SuzyQ »

Resting is key. When your over 40 you need to let your body recover
Longer. Over usage is how you get injured too. Some people ski as much as possible to get
There money's worth from the season pass and get injured from it. Hope you get better soon!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

SuzyQ wrote:Resting is key. When your over 40 you need to let your body recover
Longer. Over usage is how you get injured too. Some people ski as much as possible to get
There money's worth from the season pass and get injured from it. Hope you get better soon!
SuzyQ, I had never skied at Sunday River before so that's the reason I was skiing. It happened on my second run so I was not tired. Things happen. I am resting now. Thanks for the good wishes everyone.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
SuzyQ wrote:Resting is key. When your over 40 you need to let your body recover
SuzyQ, I had never skied at Sunday River before so that's the reason I was skiing. It happened on my second run so I was not tired. Things happen. I am resting now. Thanks for the good wishes everyone.
once again, wishing you a speedy recovery. seems like you've been snake bit lately. neither fall happened when you were really challenging yourself. maybe you need to stay off easier terrain ;-)
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

So sorry to hear that Ty! I saw KMS clothing today on the North Peak at Sunday River and wondered if Dork was here. I would say welcome, and look me up to ski, but I guess that is out! Take yourself over to either the Grand Summit or the Jordan Hotel and get a full Spa treatment. I think they have that hot tub others have suggested too. Might be worth the added expense. I do hope it heals quickly! If there is anything I can do, let me know as I am on mountain. Will me at Maine Adaptive tomorrow both volunteering and bringing my handicapped son for his first lesson of the year.