killington pet peeves

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

kram
Green Skidder

killington pet peeves

Post by kram »

my issue has to do with the sticks of bamboo between towers 6 & 7 on upper rime. i thinks its put there because of low chairs, but even a fully loaded lift doesn't come close to endangering the skiers below.
Andy J
Black Carver

Re: killington pet peeves

Post by Andy J »

kram wrote:my issue has to do with the sticks of bamboo between towers 6 & 7 on upper rime. i thinks its put there because of low chairs, but even a fully loaded lift doesn't come close to endangering the skiers below.
Those are gates.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

kram wrote:my issue has to do with the sticks of bamboo between towers 6 & 7 on upper rime. i thinks its put there because of low chairs, but even a fully loaded lift doesn't come close to endangering the skiers below.
Isn't that where the Alpine KMS kids gate train?
kram
Green Skidder

Post by kram »

junior wrote:
Isn't that where the Alpine KMS kids gate train?
they would have to close the trail for them!
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Skiers stopping in the middle of trails, especially in large groups. This is worse at Killington than other places I've skied.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Skiing must really suck. Way too many August threads here.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Freeski, thankfully you indicated 'skiers' as the problem there.
One never sees packs of snowboarders sprawled across a trail :wink:

Inattentive people with gear on their shoulders gets my vote.
... best justification for a helmet that I know of.

One scenario that has long concerned me is in a lift queue when someone is polling along directly in front of you and their pole tip doesn't purchase properly, sending the pole back and up at high velocity...barely missing your eyes. Many near misses in glacier lift mazes :shock:

... could that be the single indisputable rationale for snowboards ... fewer issues in lift lines ?

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Empty Kleenex dispensers. Skis left lying on the snow for you to walk though/trip over. Waffle smell pumping out near lift lines. People that can't figure out the quote function syntax on Kzone. Parking lot employees that won't let me through the "Lot Full" sign to a space you can see is open. People scraping off powder on a powder day. People who group as 4 in line but get on as 2 twos. Wet snow guns. No prices posted at Phat Italian Market, like we're going to pay it no matter what. The Plymouth Sherriff. Lodge Moms. U-bar leaky roof. Lack of functional Blue entrance to Needles. People that stand in front of and clog up maze entrances. "Thin Cover Walking Required" signs on open trails in the spring, but ropes up on thin cover powder days. Anyone in my line. People who lower the bar before your skis have left the ground without asking and bonk you in the head.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Sorry, but only about 10% of these issues are Killington's concern .... the other 90% seems to be actions of people :roll: .... that you would find at any mountain :wink:
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Mister Moose wrote:Empty Kleenex dispensers. Skis left lying on the snow for you to walk though/trip over. Waffle smell pumping out near lift lines. People that can't figure out the quote function syntax on Kzone. Parking lot employees that won't let me through the "Lot Full" sign to a space you can see is open. People scraping off powder on a powder day. People who group as 4 in line but get on as 2 twos. Wet snow guns. No prices posted at Phat Italian Market, like we're going to pay it no matter what. The Plymouth Sherriff. Lodge Moms. U-bar leaky roof. Lack of functional Blue entrance to Needles. People that stand in front of and clog up maze entrances. "Thin Cover Walking Required" signs on open trails in the spring, but ropes up on thin cover powder days. Anyone in my line. People who lower the bar before your skis have left the ground without asking and bonk you in the head.
Tall people, people who whine... A twofer...:-)
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

People who complain about complaints in a complaint thread.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

I can't believe I'm going to be the first person to say this......

NO SOUTHRIDGE LIFT
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Talk about annoying.

SnoBdr.
rogman.

TOP: 22:31 spanky mod time.
klondick
Black Carver

Post by klondick »

I personally dislike the guy doing intense gs turns on cat track type trails.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

klondick wrote:I personally dislike the guy doing intense gs turns on cat track type trails.
Killington understands you may dislike intense GS turns, butt they are mandatory.

TOP: 01:43 spanky mod time.

Note to spanky: your turnaround time is pretty shi tty, but butt wipe.