Littl help here

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Littl help here

Post by Dr. NO »

Anyone remember the thread about an App for identifying a mountain? From my vantage point there are at least 2 mountains between North Clarendon and Killington Peak. The tallest is Mendon Mtn, clearly marked on a TOPO map. The smaller I would like to ID along with several others in the area. Couldn't find the thread for this App. Thanks !
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Littl help here

Post by Dickc »

Dr. NO wrote:Anyone remember the thread about an App for identifying a mountain? From my vantage point there are at least 2 mountains between North Clarendon and Killington Peak. The tallest is Mendon Mtn, clearly marked on a TOPO map. The smaller I would like to ID along with several others in the area. Couldn't find the thread for this App. Thanks !
Have the app on my phone and its called "Peak Scanner".
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Dickc wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Anyone remember the thread about an App for identifying a mountain? From my vantage point there are at least 2 mountains between North Clarendon and Killington Peak. The tallest is Mendon Mtn, clearly marked on a TOPO map. The smaller I would like to ID along with several others in the area. Couldn't find the thread for this App. Thanks !
Thank you. I'll see if I can find and load it. Should be interesting to find some of the peaks around these parts, especially when you can't see something as big as Killington due to shorter mountains in between. Thanks again.

Drat, have to set up a payment method for this one. :evil:

Shut up and Ski!

RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Dr. NO wrote:
Dickc wrote:
Thank you. I'll see if I can find and load it. Should be interesting to find some of the peaks around these parts, especially when you can't see something as big as Killington due to shorter mountains in between. Thanks again.

Payment method? I have Peak Scanner and it's free. Works good...
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

RENO wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Dickc wrote:

Payment method? I have Peak Scanner and it's free. Works good...
Was that in the Apple store or separate? Thanks for the information. apple wants $2.99 for which I have not set up payment. The web site sends you back to Apple now so unless there is another avenue it is no longer free. :(

Shut up and Ski!

RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

I downloaded version 1.4 from Google play store a few months ago and it's still there and free. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eakscanner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like there's a newer version out that costs $2.31? Strange. Apple doesn't have the free version, but the one that costs money?
Dr Z
Powderhound

Post by Dr Z »

RENO wrote:I downloaded version 1.4 from Google play store a few months ago and it's still there and free. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eakscanner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like there's a newer version out that costs $2.31? Strange. Apple doesn't have the free version, but the one that costs money?
One more reason to ditch those Apple whatevers. :P

I am - entertainment for the lift line!
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Dr Z wrote:
RENO wrote:I downloaded version 1.4 from Google play store a few months ago and it's still there and free. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eakscanner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One more reason to ditch those Apple whatevers. :P
Not a fan of IPhones! :dislike