So, how's that World Cup course prep coming?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

So, how's that World Cup course prep coming?

Post by Highway Star »

This forecast does NOT look good for it....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/killin ... =11/1/2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As of today, they have exactly one month to produce 5 feet of snow on Superstar.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: So, how's that World Cup course prep coming?

Post by hillbangin »

Highway Star wrote:This forecast does NOT look good for it....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/killin ... =11/1/2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As of today, they have exactly one month to produce 5 feet of snow on Superstar.
So you're using the Rutland forecast from InAccuweather for your post?

The hill will be ready by Nov 10th - Unless we get a very late season hurricane.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

hillbangin wrote:

The hill will be ready by Nov 10th - Unless we get a very late season hurricane.
Forecast says Killington ski area right on it.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

hillbangin wrote:

still time to get this done, K is ready...If the weather makes it impossible, it's not like that wasn't already accepted as a possibility by everyone involved before it's conception...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

forecast.JPG
forecast.JPG (178.5 KiB) Viewed 4137 times
I disagree. Starting Saturday night they have a window. Not great, and the humidity is high, but it doesn't really warm up after that either. Be interesting to see if Mike and Jeff pull the trigger.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

rogman wrote:
forecast.JPG
I disagree. Starting Saturday night they have a window. Not great, and the humidity is high, but it doesn't really warm up after that either. Be interesting to see if Mike and Jeff pull the trigger.
saturday or sundays long term outlook will be the factor of course...no reason to believe it can;t/won;t happen...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Highway Star wrote:
hillbangin wrote:

You probably watch MSNBC and think that's real too.........
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

hillbangin wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
hillbangin wrote:

You probably watch MSNBC and think that's real too.........
hmmm hwystar and MSNBC? I'm gonna go w probably not for 1000 here alex...
mach es sehr schnell

yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

rogman wrote:
forecast.JPG
Already lost peer bet about seasons first turns by 10/15.....DISappointed....DIScouraged.....DIS...sucks.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

RustyK wrote:Image
:like
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

Wow, AccuWeather long range? If I trusted those, we should have had a banner snow year last year. Beyond 10 days is a crap shoot on their forecast. I believe it isn't even scientifically based.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Dr. NO wrote:
RustyK wrote:Image
Attachments
oddball.jpg
oddball.jpg (57.63 KiB) Viewed 3669 times
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Looks like at least 5 fan guns in position on lower Superstar. This is going to be fun to watch when the temps drop. :banana: :banana:
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

I'd say they stand a chance...