Maybe I can be a ski instructor

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

snowsprite
Post Office

Maybe I can be a ski instructor

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on May 15th, '05, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
I like wine.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Re: Maybe I can be a ski instructor

Post by SkiDork »

snowsprite wrote:The other day, I was very upset w/ my kid and started complaining about how I didn't currently need this level of aggravation on top of nine hours in a stultifying cubicle.

He looked at me suddenly very serious and said "Mommy, maybe you can be a ski instructor one day. I know you want to live in the mountains, and I think you will, so don't be sad!" Best mother's day present I could ever wish for... a kid who not only loves me, but knows me all too well!

Happy mother's day to the rest of you skiin' moms out there. I think my family is trying to get us to go to brunch. But I'm pushing for a hibachi dinner. And to sleep very very late.
:D
Sprite
Sprite, you definitely could be an instructor.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

snowsprite wrote:The other day, I was very upset w/ my kid and started complaining about how I didn't currently need this level of aggravation on top of nine hours in a stultifying cubicle.

He looked at me suddenly very serious and said "Mommy, maybe you can be a ski instructor one day. I know you want to live in the mountains, and I think you will, so don't be sad!" Best mother's day present I could ever wish for... a kid who not only loves me, but knows me all too well!

Happy mother's day to the rest of you skiin' moms out there. I think my family is trying to get us to go to brunch. But I'm pushing for a hibachi dinner. And to sleep very very late.
Sprite
Yeah, it's fun if you like teaching "never evers" (about 95% of your season lessons are never evers..but you have 2 keep in mind that U R doing it 4 the love of the sport).

or you get the 9 year old that is 4' 9" and weighs 160 lbs...
all you will hear from the litte s#it is
"This Sucks, it's easer on X-box"
when i hear that i want 2 say to the little slob is "Put down the doughnut and try some situps"
But I don't....thats why i left the ranks of PSIA and went back to USSA Raceing.....after all "Speed Trills" and you get to ski and train with" Blingy"
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Bling Skier wrote:

Sprite
Yeah, it's fun if you like teaching "never evers" (about 95% of your season lessons are never evers..but you have 2 keep in mind that U R doing it 4 the love of the sport).

or you get the 9 year old that is 4' 9" and weighs 160 lbs...
when i hear that i want 2 say to the little slob is "Put down the doughnut and try some situps"
But I don't....thats why i left the ranks of PSIA and went back to USSA Raceing.....after all "Speed Trills" and you get to ski and train with" Blingy"

crunches dude, crunches. Sit-ups are so 50's
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I think women instructors are sexy :D
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

I think exercise is tiring
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

SkiDork wrote:Sprite, you definitely could be an instructor.
Yeah, God help the kid that doesn't listen. Now Dork on the other hand. :lol:
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

Bling Skier wrote: or you get the 9 year old that is 4' 9" and weighs 160 lbs...
But I don't....thats why i left the ranks of PSIA and went back to USSA Raceing.....
Sounds like you made the right choice.
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

Bling Skier wrote: "never evers" (about 95% of your season lessons are never evers..
:?:
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

what about ski patrol is it a payed job at Kmart
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Sprite
Basic question, and I know you don't want to hear it.

Who is the parent and who is the kid?

Get this straight and maybe things can calm down. BUT at ziggies age, I don't think you can reverse tlhe process.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Powdr
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Powdr »

All I can say is DO IT! After years in the SF Bay Area where both my wife and I worked just to keep up with the mortgage & life style, we moved to Utah. My wife no longer works (well, part time running a yoga studio) & I have NEVER seen her so happy. Although I am now the primary career person (more pressure on me) we have been so thrilled w/ the mountain lifestyle. Remember that every year you put off making a move, it's just one year less that you have to enjoy yourself in a place you really want to be. I bet an area like Killington would be wonderful to raise your kids too. Yes, I know jobs in the area are hard to get...blah blah blah. It can be done and it is thoroughly worth it.

Powdr
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

KBL Ed wrote:
Bling Skier wrote: "never evers" (about 95% of your season lessons are never evers..
:?:
never ever, n, a term used to describe a type of skier. 1) someone who has never been on skiis before. 2) pl, as in a class of never-evers. syn A's; On Christmas week, instructors are told, "Uh, Bob, go pick up about 40 A's and head over to ________"

Never evers are usually distinguished by a manuever known as the 'dead baby carry', being noticably out of breath, fur lined hoods, scarves, knitted mittens, and ski boots with numbers on them in magic marker.

And, Sprite, remember that ski instructing, like many resort jobs, is seasonal, has no benefits, and doesn't pay much. A good retirement job.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

The 'never evers' also have a wierd way of wearing their 1 day ticket/They lay it flat and stick it to their jacket :shock: :lol:
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Powdr you are right - the rat race is overrated.

I guess having a comfy nest egg and the ability to earn a good amount from home (if I so choose) allows me certain latitude in saying this. But I am sticking with it for a while.

Call it greed but I am riding the cash cow right into the terrain and punching out at the last possible second.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)