WC Day 1 11.24.2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

WC Day 1 11.24.2018

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Looks good on TV. Claiming 18-20k spectators. Stands and along the bottom show a good turnout. Good Luck Mikaela!

Giant Slalom, Second Run
LIVE: 1:00-2:00 p.m. November 24th on NBCSN
DELAYED: 3:00-4:30 p.m. November 24th on NBC

Slalom, Second Run
LIVE: 1:00-3:00 p.m. November 25th on NBC
whumber
Beginner On Rentals

Re: WC Day 1 11.24.2018

Post by whumber »

The NBC Sports Gold guys don't seem to understand how audio mixing works.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

spectated only. killington shined today. beautiful sun. other than long lines for food & booze, everything seemed to run smoothly. great job by everyone involved. bigger crowd than last year. pretty much a full corral at K1 around 11:30.
Last edited by skiadikt on Nov 24th, '18, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

ME2VTSkier wrote:Looks good on TV. Claiming 18-20k spectators. Stands and along the bottom show a good turnout. Good Luck Mikaela!

Giant Slalom, Second Run
LIVE: 1:00-2:00 p.m. November 24th on NBCSN
DELAYED: 3:00-4:30 p.m. November 24th on NBC

Slalom, Second Run
LIVE: 1:00-3:00 p.m. November 25th on NBC
NBC reported estimated crowd at 18 to 20 K. Grand stand was packed.

Rerun starting at 3 if you wish to see the 2nd run, 30 skiers on NBC. Someone can print or copy the leader / winner, I don't want to be the spoiler for those who have to watch the rerun.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

yeah, what the next poster said...
Last edited by rogman on Nov 24th, '18, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Day 17: Killington shines again! Biggest crowd yet, cars were parked on the Access Road down to Glazebrook. Both sides. Wobbly lot was full too.

Got first tracks on North Star, watched a few people go ass over tea kettle as it was a bit wind blown firm; sure it skied in well though. Apres All Star played a hunch, and followed a patroller down Frolic and also got first tracks on Vagabond.

Did one run on Header down at Ramshead. Snow was heavy, lot of people having trouble with it. Groomed was only two tracks wide.

Caper tunnel still isn’t complete, so diverted on old route. Big hole on Chute where they’re fixing a snow making leak. That may be why they delayed blowing caper; needed to find the problem.

Great day, fabulous success for Killington.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Did some skiing before race 1, between races and after race 2. Glad I skied both Royal Flush and Conclusion early because later the top of Conclusion was trashed with lots of rocks showing. Also skied the other Canyon runs in the morning. I didn't go back to the Canyon in the afternoon so not sure what the condition of Royal Flush was like. Escapade still skiing well and Cascade earlier on was skiing OK too. The runs off the Northridge triple were all in good shape too. The naturals had some stuff showing up. Rogman told me that North Star was open so I spent my afternoon sessions skiing that, Vagabond and Patsy's. My ROTD was North Star and I skied it many times. The snow in Patsy's was deep but of the heavy variety.
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Great day for K to shine, WC, great snow and Franti!, Fantastic show. Snow was awesome and temps were warm.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Best weather so far for the world cup, a big crowd, exciting GS racing, and if you missed the F16s flying overhead at Mach Thunder fast, you missed an awesome sight. Best World Cup day so far. Even Pres showed up. Sure hope someone got the flyover on video.
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

Mister Moose wrote:Best weather so far for the world cup, a big crowd, exciting GS racing, and if you missed the F16s flying overhead at Mach Thunder fast, you missed an awesome sight. Best World Cup day so far. Even Pres showed up. Sure hope someone got the flyover on video.
100% agree! The Beast shown brightly today! Being less than 20 feet away during the VARA Parade from my 80's US Ski Team idols Phil (nice slip and fall) and Steve Mahre, Cindy Nelson, Christin Cooper, and pre 2nd run Tamara McKinney (whom I once shared a chair ride in the late 80's at Mount Hood with) was AWESOME!

So awesome as a former VARA racer, and current parent of 2 VARA racers to see such AWESOME racing and public support of ski racing in VT! ONLY K can pull this off Thanksgiving Weekend in the East at this scale! And 100% respect and appreciation!!
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

Mister Moose wrote:Best weather so far for the world cup, a big crowd, exciting GS racing, and if you missed the F16s flying overhead at Mach Thunder fast, you missed an awesome sight. Best World Cup day so far. Even Pres showed up. Sure hope someone got the flyover on video.
Plain and simply put, nobody on the East Coast, and maybe in the US, can pull off what K has done the last 3 Thanksgiving Weekends!

Huge thank you!!
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

If you try to manually add quotes (“these things”) an iPhone uses the wrong font and phpbb interprets it wrong. However if you hold the " key down a while it will put in the right version...
Last edited by rogman on Nov 25th, '18, 06:45, edited 2 times in total.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

The Antlered One wrote:if you missed the F16s flying overhead at Mach Thunder fast, you missed an awesome sight.
Was at the top of Snowdon when they flew very low overhead right as they were dropping the rope on Northstar. They should do that for all trail openings. Loud and Proud!
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Tailgating in bay 3 was great. I had never heard of Franti. Am now a fan. Great job K. Best WC day yet.Image

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mid Day / Afternoon Report: Ditto to what's been said about the World Cup event. K really shined on this one. Including being able to offer a remarkable amount of terrain for all ability levels [with Snowshed, Rams Head, etc.].

ROTD: North Star. Not the same as when we skied it last week, but very good nonetheless.

Ridge Run still skiing good with very good visibility [from the brown definition is it providing].

Of note, East Fall [not my favorite trail] was skiing very good. Skiers right had some sort of bumps all the way down.

Highline also skiing pretty good. Have to watch out on the right side though; there is a ridge that once you go over it is very rocky for most of the rest of the way down.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!